• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Someone remind me in 5 days to not install Windows 10.

I love my DualShock 4 too much to game without it. :(

You'll get prompted to download it so you've got enough time to back out. Also if you did there's nothing stopping you going back to 7/8.1 as all that happens is your licence, ie your product key, is granted Win 10 privileges (that's either a copy of Win7/8.1 or 10 installed on a PC at a time but not both). It's not eaten, you don't lose access to your old version of Windows and despite the Digital River hosted iso's not existing anymore Microsoft does have a Product Recovery site to download the applicable version (although can be a little wonkey with OEM Product Keys so I'd check first). There are way more advantages upgrading to Win 10 for me than to be bothered about lack of one type of 3rd party controller support but hey each to their own.

Arthea

Submerged looks kinda nice, but makes me wonder if gameplay consists only of exploring and there is more to it, like puzzles, secrets, goals.

You'll get prompted to download it so you've got enough time to back out. Also if you did there's nothing stopping you going back to 7/8.1 as all that happens is your licence, ie your product key, is granted Win 10 privileges. It's not eaten, you don't lose access to your old version of Windows and despite the Digital River hosted iso's not existing anymore Microsoft does have a Product Recovery site to download the applicable version (although can be a little wonkey with OEM Product Keys so I'd check first). There are way more advantages upgrading to Win 10 than to be bothered about lack of 3rd party controller support but hey each to their own.

what are those advantages exactly? Do they outweigh new bugs, possibly some games (or other soft) not working properly and time it would take to roll back?
I doubt it.

The final hours
Join to poke your steam friends in the face

Chivalry Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too - PRESS C TO SCREAM

header.jpg

t1437764400z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Chariot
3 - NightmareTrigger
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - JustLynx
6 - Spirited
7 - derExperte
8 - freshVeggie
9 - Sub Zero
10 - Frecklestein
11 - Miguel81
12 - ExoSoul
? - Ruruja

Mumble Server thanks to Spirited ( quote to reveal )

Chariot

Sitting in the office of my father is so boring. Nothing to do, why was he even calling me to help out today? @.~

Can't wait to get home and slaughter you all.

Dr Dogg

what are those advantages exactly? Do they outweigh new bugs, possibly some games (or other soft) not working properly and time it would take to roll back?
I doubt it.

It has a performance boost in quite a few games over 8.1 and even more over 7 (Project Cars for example gets a huge boost in performance). Direct 12 support is another as even if fully fledged DX12 titles are a ways away there's still stuff that in the spec devs can implement in the interim. Plus I can't go back after using multiple desktops in a Windows environment (and not hacked in from incompatible versions) and having Metro apps running in a window instead of a full screen is great on my Surface.

I'm sure there will be draw backs, there always are, and there will be incompatible software, peripherals without drivers and various quirks to iron out but I've got a couple of spare Win 7 licences that I might dual boot to have a safety net.

Knurek

There are way more advantages upgrading to Win 10 for me than to be bothered about lack of one type of 3rd party controller support but hey each to their own.

Oh, I will upgrade to Win10, no doubt about it.
As soon as Durante patches the Hide DS4 bug.
Because, really, I can't see him not updating. And then he won't be able to play Dark Souls 1 and 2.
So, umm, yeah, two-three days tops. :)
Please save us, Durante-sama

Dr Dogg

Because, really, I can't see him not updating. And then he won't be able to play Dark Souls 1 and 2.

Ooooohh that's given me an idea.

Shackles if you see this on the performance survey for Enhanced Steam can you add a question 'Does this game run in Windows 10 without issue?' with the answers Yes, No, Unsure. That is going to be very, very useful for lots of people.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I don't understand why Durante is responsible for fixing that? There are other controllers that play the Dark Souls games just fine?

Knurek

I don't understand why Durante is responsible for fixing that? There are other controllers that play the Dark Souls games just fine?

He's not responsible for it.
He is using DualShock 3 though, is an avid Dark Souls player and a capable programmer - my point is that he will make a patch for himself if noone else does.

Momentary

Banned
Nice, can't wait! :)

But yeah, pretty lame they have to use Greenlight again, makes no sense...

On top of Danmaku Unlimited 3 we've also got an updated version of Valkyrius being released on Steam soon.

From developer:

Hey everyone! I've been upgrading and improving parts of this game in preparation for its Steam release. Character artwork has been vastly improved thanks to a great artist I've been working with. I'm also looking to integrate it with various Steam features. This started out as a personal project so it's great to see it come this far. We're currently gunning for this Fall.

Valkyrius-Screenshot-12.jpg

Pachimari

Oh man, sold my Wii U collection yesterday, and is selling my PlayStation Vita collection (not Persona 4) today. I'm on a roll to become a PC only gamer lol.

Locust

Do I buy WWE 2K15 while it's on sale in case it gets pulled because Hulkamania will never run wild again, brotherdudejack?
Maybe thats why its on sale too? :p

I got it myself, having not bought a WWE game since SvR 2006. Feels much jankier than the older games but its ok. The career mode is a total joke though, even Smackdown 2 on the PS1 had more storylines going on.

Pachimari

Don't do that.

It is the best for me, as games had become more than a hobby. It has become more like an addiction, as I have not been able to stop spending money on games and consoles. I want to get rid of it all, but my plan right now is to keep my PC, PS4 and New 3DS.

Keep the Vita

Pls

I'm fine with just Persona 4 Golden for my Vita TV. With lesser gaming machines, I can hopefully also focus more on the games I play, and actually complete them. :)

iosefe

It is the best for me, as games had become more than a hobby. It has become more like an addiction, as I have not been able to stop spending money on games and consoles. I want to get rid of it all, but my plan right now is to keep my PC, PS4 and New 3DS.

I'm fine with just Persona 4 Golden for my Vita TV. With lesser gaming machines, I can hopefully also focus more on the games I play, and actually complete them. :)
Oh. I guess having the PSTV makes it kind of acceptable.

Pachimari

Wants to stop playing so many games

Gets rid of the Vita

It's also about focusing in on only a few platforms. I want to try that, as I have been playing video games a lot the past 16+ years, and have had all of the consoles, I want to limit it all, and maybe focus more on other stuff in my life, while still having my library on PC. :)

Thanks to the lack of actual Vita releases, my vita really is just where my PSP and PSX backlog lives. Though seeing that now PSX games are coming to Steam it seems like that backlog is now spreading to other platforms

Sarcasm

It's also about focusing in on only a few platforms. I want to try that, as I have been playing video games a lot the past 16+ years, and have had all of the consoles, I want to limit it all, and maybe focus more on other stuff in my life, while still having my library on PC. :)

Keep the vita.

Kiru

Randy is basically Denis Dyack only he got lucky that one of his games hit it big. Oh, and that he does magic tricks.

Otherwise, they're the same person.

Also this story in the other thread is amazing:
I wonder if he actually believes the story he invented about how Gearbox got its name. I'd completely forgotten about the article until someone brought it up in the previous Pitchford thread; it's still amusing.

Dude is skilled in the art of lying, lol.

Maniac

Banned
what's your favorite upgradeable base thingie

the one i always go back to is suikoden 2's castle

filling it with so many cool characters and shops and minigames and getting the elevator working again and everything looking clean and new and the chef battles and everything

best shit everrrr

That's exactly how I feel, 'cept for never playing Suikoden. Customisable bases / homes is one of my favourite things in games. If I ever make a game, I'll start with a customisable homebase / castle / dungeon / dimension / realm / hellscape / cave / village or whatever the hell it'll be, and go from there. :p

Ban Puncher

I bet Gearbox sells more copies of Colonial Marines due to Randy's shenanigans and the resulting internet backlash.

"Man, I gotta check out this shit show!"

Follow the money.

I wonder if he actually believes the story he invented about how Gearbox got its name. I'd completely forgotten about the article until someone brought it up in the previous Pitchford thread; it's still amusing.
What an incredibly stupid lie to tell.
So my mumble server works now, if you want to add it to your chivalry post when you repost it ningen!

Quote to see the connection details

I feel awkward talking. Would add a lot but eh :/
Join to poke your steam friends in the face
Chivalry Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too - PRESS C TO SCREAM
I always wanted to poke you guys.

Should play a couple rounds beforehand I think...

Pachimari

Can't believe I actually did it, and sold my Vita. PS1, Dreamcast and Gamecube are up next.

I also think that I'm gonna jump onto VR as early as I possibly can. Do anyone remember HTC and Valve's plans for their Vive release? Something of a limited release this fall, while they'll have a general release next spring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom