• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
for the love of god, people, play suikoden 2

What is a suikoden, where can I get some and how does it taste?
Also, you don't need to be on the best card right this moment. Today's best card will be next years really affordable and still pretty damn good card. And thanks to the latest batch of consoles being underpowered, the odds that your gfx card will be a damn fine card for at least 2-3 years (if not more) are pretty damn good.

I've been rocking a gtx 770 4gb card since December 2013 and still do not feel like i'm completely outdated. Even TW3 runs at +30 fps with just about everything maxed at 1080p. I probably wont update till after oculus launches so I hope that anything past the 970 will be pretty affordable by then.

I'm personally waiting for Pascal until upgrading, if not later into Pascal's lifetime. Have a (borrowed) 780ti atm, otherwise I normally rock a 780, which isn't exactly a terrible card.

Knurek

I've not run into a game that requires me to hide ds4 to work properly yet (other than the much known Dark Souls, apparently).

I had problems with LEGO Lord of the Rings. Supposedly every Unity game is affected as well, so no Ori and Divinity: OS once that gets gamepad support.

Also, you don't need to be on the best card right this moment. Today's best card will be next years really affordable and still pretty damn good card. And thanks to the latest batch of consoles being underpowered, the odds that your gfx card will be a damn fine card for at least 2-3 years (if not more) are pretty damn good.

I've been rocking a gtx 770 4gb card since December 2013 and still do not feel like i'm completely outdated. Even TW3 runs at +30 fps with just about everything maxed at 1080p. I probably wont update till after oculus launches so I hope that anything past the 970 will be pretty affordable by then.

I made the mistake of only getting a 2gb 770 when I built my PC in November of 2013. After seeing some of this AAA-type games requiring 3gb or more to run with decent settings, I'm gunshy of ordering a card with 4gb. The new AMD card has 8gb, which is what I'd prefer, but I may just have to settle for the 980Ti eventually with 6gb.

No, the last new game they announced was CS:GO in 2011. They have been releasing games almost yearly though, but skipped last year.

Does the monster clicker game count?
:trolol:

Grief.exe

Yeah, you're right. I'll start building up my savings again, after having thrown it all away twice.

If you are selling off consoles at a loss in order to pair down debt, I would recommend avoiding high-end parts.
PC gaming is still extremely viable at lower levels without having to sacrifice everything.

Forget the 980 ti, forget the high-end Gsync monitors. Grab something sensible, like the 750 ti for example.

Do you think L4D3 will be F2P

Gabe always reiterates in interviews that it would be difficult, as a company, to backtrack to previous economic models.
The CSGO model would likely be more successful, cheap barrier to entry with skins on top.

I'm personally waiting for Pascal until upgrading, if not later into Pascal's lifetime. Have a (borrowed) 780ti atm, otherwise I normally rock a 780, which isn't exactly a terrible card.

On paper, Pascal should be a huge leap (HBM, die shrink, etc). I'm hopeful.

I made the mistake of only getting a 2gb 770 when I built my PC in November of 2013. After seeing some of this AAA-type games requiring 3gb or more to run with decent settings, I'm gunshy of ordering a card with 4gb. The new AMD card has 8gb, which is what I'd prefer, but I may just have to settle for the 980Ti eventually with 6gb.

yeah, i future proofed a bit by going 4gb. It seemed excessive at the time (current gen consoles had just launched so no one really had an idea that most ports coming from those machines would want more than 2gbs) but I always like to give myself a bit of a buffer with these things.

The only part I kinda skimped on was my SSD. I got a 120gig drive solely for a couple of games and windows but I find myself wishing I had a bigger SSD because it's a damn amazing thing to have. Just sucks because their prices arent dropping nearly fast enough

Parsnip

I'm hoping to have the new version ready to be pushed out this weekend - it will fix this bug as well as improve idling stability, idle multiple games at startup (til they hit the 2 hour mark), and more.
Excellent.

Think I'll go for a Noctua NH-D15... Has anyone 'ere had one? :p

I don't know about NH-D15, but I've been using NH-U12P for over 7 years now. Still kicking ass. Noctua is great, and their customer support has been awesome every time I've needed a new kit for a new socket.

Pachimari

If you are selling off consoles at a loss in order to pair down debt, I would recommend avoiding high-end parts.
PC gaming is still extremely viable at lower levels without having to sacrifice everything.

Forget the 980 ti, forget the high-end Gsync monitors. Grab something sensible, like the 750 ti for example.

I were just dreaming far out in the future. I won't even get another GPU, I am very satisfied with my GTX 780, that I bought only last year. I hope it'll last at least 2 years more before I have to upgrade. :)

All I want are really the extra USB ports (which are cheap) and a cleaning kit and I'm set. Oh, and is there a 3TB/4TB internal hard drive out there, that doesn't sound like a vacuum cleaner when using it?

dave is ok

aztek is ok
I wouldn't be surprised if L4D3 is a 60 dollar game. It's always been Valve's "console" game and I can't imagine cosmetics would do well on it. Maybe they'll sell maps/campaigns for it instead

Knurek

Great advice.
1080p60 on High/Ultra on (almost) everything released before 2013.
Most newer games run marvelous on Medium/High as well, sometimes with a 30 fps lock though.

Phawx

http://superduperbundle.com/

They are getting really creative with the names for these things

I am ready
for disappointment

***xposting from indie thread as these are Steam games as well***

My Quick Look on ADventure Lib:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4mliMf4JZY

header.jpg

Quick Impressions: If you've ever played MadLibs before, you're halfway there with this game. You can only shuffle the nouns around, instead of picking them yourself. In the version I played, it's a short game. You should be able to beat it in 30~ minutes or so. I'm 32 and I laughed once. I don't believe I am the correct demographic for this game. It has lots of silly humor, because MadLibs. Having said that, I do believe that kids from ~6-11 will find the game far more humorous.

On the plus side, it does support Steam Workshop and comes with it's own utility to create other Nouns.

It's an interesting experiment of a game. I guess I only wish it was more Scribblenauts-ish. As in, I could type nouns or verbs and then it would fetch Google Images or whatever to place into the game.​

My Quick Look on Feist:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-Z1sMWWR48

header.jpg

Quick Impressions: Feist is dope. I hear it's short, but I personally like that. Essentially, take the aesthetics of Limbo and mix in some Out Of This World (Another World) gameplay elements + maybe a dash of Oddworld and what you have is Feist. The game has 3D models fixed in a 2D plane with this amazing silhouette motif. At first I thought it was all 2D animated, but you can every now and again see the hint of depth in all the movement. And then you'll come across a level that has a lake and mannnn, that is some gorgeous stuff.

pOKSWCu.gif

Mechanics are just as good as the visuals as well. The game doesn't hold your hand, just like Limbo and Out Of This World, so if you haven't played those mentioned games, you might get stuck for a moment or two. But if you're like me, you'll see all of the foreshadowing the game broadcasts and be ready.

I think my happiest moment was seeing a trap beneath a tree and realizing I as going to have to run back from a superior enemy, a la the Lion in the beginning of Out Of This World.

I don't care if this game is short. It's an excellent game.​

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I added Colonial Marines to my wishlist, come at me. If that thing ever hits €5, I'm biting. Most people hated that latest AVP game too and I liked it, so I'm kinda curious

"QuakeCon Attendee Exclusive Presentation of Fallout 4"

What does that mean? Theyre not going to livestream it? They better livestream it, dont be greedy with my fallout yo

Jawmuncher

I added Colonial Marines to my wishlist, come at me. If that thing ever hits €5, I'm biting. Most people hated that latest AVP game too and I liked it, so I'm kinda curious

If you liked the last AVP game, you'll probably enjoy Colonial Marines as well.

What does that mean? Theyre not going to livestream it? They better livestream it, dont be greedy with my fallout yo

I told you, you don't get to see it.

They're really good at not letting that stuff leak. Last year, they showed early footage of doom and AFAIK it never leaked.

So yeah, good luck with that. It wont come out unless Bethesda wants it out there

Jawmuncher

It was announced, there was a thread for it too, but not many posts.

Oh, they will find ways to make cosmetics work lol

Gears of War 3 apparently made a lot of money with their weapon skins back in the day. So L4D3 doing the same thing on consoles I don't think would be a problem.

Lain

you could always pay for the PSN version and then get an iso for PC. I mean, you've legally paid for the game at that point right?

If you buy it on PSN you can download it on PC with the Media Go program since it's also playable on PSP and then play it on the PSP emulator (or the PS1 emulator, if it works).

Momentary

Banned
Raptor Call of Shadows unlocked, one more game next week: https://www.indiegala.com/insunity

Picking this up today.

In other news here are some tracks from the shoot'me up Blue Revolver due out on Steam this summer hopefully.

https://m.soundcloud.com/qygen/blue-revolver-ecumenopolis-spacechase-version-with-novaturtle

https://m.soundcloud.com/qygen/blue-revolver-scepter-preceptor

Updated video for those who haven't seen it.

https://youtu.be/98OS8_GQxAQ

Can't wait!

tumblr_inline_nipbb1Vy0F1rzevh7.jpg

Maniac

Banned
I somehow entirely thought to think about emulation. Guess I should go google and things. Edit:
Yarr harr tibber-dee-dee mofokkers ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Positive. I didn't replace it because it died.

That's re-assuring. Thanks!
I don't know about NH-D15, but I've been using NH-U12P for over 7 years now. Still kicking ass. Noctua is great, and their customer support has been awesome every time I've needed a new kit for a new socket.

That's good to hear. The fact that they give you new mounting kits for whenever you change CPU & mobo is just damn excellent really.
On paper, Pascal should be a huge leap (HBM, die shrink, etc). I'm hopeful.

On paper it's insane in so many ways. Die shrink would mean less power use or more performance for your power; the same goes for HBM, which ofcourse is also faster than GDDR and higher capacity and cheaper to produce aswell iirc. I expect the form-factor 750ti-esque Pascal cards to be outright insane. Really looking forward to seeing what's what.

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Real Boxing -- MB-BED62C93004485BD - Taken by lindarasta
Kill The Bad Guy -- MB-22640F1B010D70D5 - Taken by Saty

zkylon

zkylewd
you could always pay for the PSN version and then get an iso for PC. I mean, you've legally paid for the game at that point right?

my guess is that licenses are platform restricted but tbh i don't know where that puts emulators or whatever

but having bought it is a nice excuse for your conscience and i didn't know that psn download turning into iso thing but i bet that's much cheaper than buying it on ebay, so i'd go for that

in any case it's a game well deserving of all the hurdles you need to get to play it, it's one of my favorite jrpgs ever, it's easily the best in class in that base building stuff i've talked about and it's actually really fun to play and has a really cool story and characters and really nice art and music too. it's like a perfect jrpg, can't think many others that i have such trouble finding flaws in

Khronico

my guess is that licenses are platform restricted but tbh i don't know where that puts emulators or whatever

but having bought it is a nice excuse for your conscience and i didn't know that psn download turning into iso thing but i bet that's much cheaper than buying it on ebay, so i'd go for that

in any case it's a game well deserving of all the hurdles you need to get to play it, it's one of my favorite jrpgs ever, it's easily the best in class in that base building stuff i've talked about and it's actually really fun to play and has a really cool story and characters and really nice art and music too. it's like a perfect jrpg, can't think many others that i have such trouble finding flaws in

Did you get the 100% ending zky?

---

I just played(?) Stanley Parable and that was.... very strange. What an interesting game. Whoever did the narration is fantastic.

You don't get an iso from PSN. What he's saying is that if you pay for a copy, downloading an iso for an emulator is 'ok' as you've already paid for the game.

Technically, I would agree.

Maniac

Banned
I just played(?) Stanley Parable and that was.... very strange. What an interesting game. Whoever did the narration is fantastic.

I concur. They made a really tip-top quality Dota 2 announcer-pack aswell. I use it more than the GladOS one, because it's just... So great. The Stanley Parable & Bastion announcers are my favourite ones in the game, they're bloody amazing!

If you liked the last AVP game, you'll probably enjoy Colonial Marines as well.

I told you, you don't get to see it.
I thought you was bullshitting me
They're really good at not letting that stuff leak. Last year, they showed early footage of doom and AFAIK it never leaked.

So yeah, good luck with that. It wont come out unless Bethesda wants it out there

"exclusive" is the important word here.
Im pissed off 😡😡

I concur. They made a really tip-top quality Dota 2 announcer-pack aswell. I use it more than the GladOS one, because it's just... So great. The Stanley Parable & Bastion announcers are my favourite ones in the game, they're bloody amazing!

Wonder what's taking so long for the Battleblock announcer. And the SHODAN one is still on track too.

dex3108

Let's be honest. If Valve will do something in near future that will be CS:GO Source 2 edition. I wouldn't expect L4D3/P3/HL3 to be made soon.

Maniac

Banned
Wonder what's taking so long for the Battleblock announcer. And the SHODAN one is still on track too.

Wait, the SHODAN one is becoming an actual thing? :eek:

I only remember there being talks of it! Awesome. The Rick & Morty one is coming soon aswell, iirc.

All dem announcers... Mmmm yiss.
Let's be honest. If Valve will do something in near future that will be CS:GO Source 2 edition. I wouldn't expect L4D3/P3/HL3 to be made soon.

Well we know they've been working on L4D3 for quite a while now, or atleast they did quite a while ago. CSGO Source 2 isn't out of the question, but I doubt it's a priority as Dota 2 is infinitely more popular and still quite far from being fully converted to Source 2.
2Bad you cant use more than one at the same time.

Yeah. That's why I've got them on shuffle :p

Is there a difference between PAL and NA suikoden?

The usual 50/60hz bullshit. It's fucking unbelievable that sony still has the 50hz versions of old games on the EU PSN. Fuck that!
Switching accounts on the Vita is a hassle but I'd rather do that than paying for those 50hz atrocities.
We had to endure that shit up until the HD era, it's insulting that sony is selling us those versions again.

I hear the US version of Suikoden 2 is buggy but I don't have personal experience with these games.

zkylon

zkylewd
isn't it weird that doto is like super strict about champion skins being like "lore friendly" and then they go and put shodan's voice on top of the game

i mean, don't get me wrong, having custom announcers sounds awesome, but would be nice if you could get some actually fun having skins as well instead of shitty different color bracers and pants

Did you get the 100% ending zky?
actually i didn't, tho i've seen my brother do it and i've watched on youtube too.

i only finished it once since it's so long but i've gotten pretty far a bunch of times, which is kind of what happens to me with all the jrpgs i love (ff7, xenogears, persona, front mission)

but yeah suiko 2 is the real deal, suiko 3 and 5 are also really good even tho i like them less. haven't played 1 and 4 is kind of lame

and again fuck you konami for grabbing a perfectly awesome series, doing nothing with it and letting it die

You don't get an iso from PSN. What he's saying is that if you pay for a copy, downloading an iso for an emulator is 'ok' as you've already paid for the game.

Technically, I would agree.
ah i see, that's a little murky on neogaf tos so i'm just not gonna say anything about how very much absolutely legit i might find doing that

or not lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom