• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pachimari

I don't understand the Borderless Gaming 7.9 version.
I have added Hearthstone to Favorites and told it to remove borders in the currently selected software, but there's still a border around the game.

Am I doing it wrong?

Dr Dogg

It looks like shit (and also runs like shit sometimes), but it's a lot of fun.

Hahaha yeah I'm not expecting much just though after being 'forced' (I did capitulate a tad easy) to play Disney Infinity 2.0 for a couple of hours with my niece earlier today I've got a bit of a 'must smash things up in the Marvel universe' scratch that I need to itch.

Annubis

Well, I just pre-ordered the VN2 bundle.
I mean, 8$ for School Days is already good enough for me. I figure anything else I get will be icing on the cake.
(icing on the cake sounds like something else when talking about a JAST bundle...)

Dr Dogg

It seams that AMD Never Settle Bundles are no more.

https://twitter.com/Thracks/status/624621560649793537

I wonder what they're going to replace it with. Was hoping there might be the chance of some cheap Rise of the Tomb Raidering (I mean all Squeenidos PC titles are AMD sponsored these days)

Speaking of decent artbook is up for preorder on Amazon.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1783299967/

The one for Tomb Raider was packed to the gills with development insight and info although that was a Bradygames joint but Titan Books do great work.

Everyone is getting on the Steam Tax train. Seems that good prices are only to be found on legit key seller sites, bundles, or pricing errors.

Don't be shocked if others join the train. Now that steam is so huge, companies have less of an incentive to slash prices as hard to try and draw people to the storefront. People are already coming, so why cost yourself money when you dont have to?

Another issue is that the Quake collection isn't sold anywhere other than Steam. Some sites have Quake 1, some have Quake 2 and none seem to have any of the expansions.

I don't understand the Borderless Gaming 7.9 version.
I have added Hearthstone to Favorites and told it to remove borders in the currently selected software, but there's still a border around the game.

Am I doing it wrong?

Hearthstone in fullscreen is borderless windowed by default.

Knurek

Tron 2.0 is 75% off at GMG.
With additional 23% off using 23PERC-ENTOFF-JULY15 coupon, comes to £1.34. Might be worth checking out.

Tron 2.0 is 75% off at GMG.
With additional 23% off using 23PERC-ENTOFF-JULY15 coupon, comes to £1.34. Might be worth checking out.

Weird, I can't find it through search.

Edit: Oh. :( "Unfortunately this product is not yet available in your region. Please check our FAQ for more details."

bender

What time is it?
Am I crazy or was Doom Classic Complete only 33% yesterday? I wonder if there will be a Doom day or if this is the best deal to be had.

That price is only based on 2 & 3. Price of Witcher 1 is $0, but you can't buy it outside the bundle. Either spend 79.99 for 3 games or 79.98 for 2.

i was kidding, silly. but lets say i already own both of those games, I'm pretty much assed out if i wanted to get the first one only.

edit:

man this is the shit im talking about, IGN and im sure other places will be telling us everything about the demo so why the fuck can't they just stream that shit!? :mad: salty as fuck right now

dex3108

One thing that i really don't understand in today's age is why the hell companies are still have no stream policy for conventions. Yeah people payed money to be there but they get to meet speakers, ask them questions, they usually get some presents that can be obtained only if you attend panels/conferences, they can get autographs... At least they could release footage (trailers, gameplay, interviews...) after they showed them like they do at E3.

Less than one hour left for face poking

Chivalry Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too - PRESS C TO SCREAM

header.jpg

t1437764400z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Chariot
3 - NightmareTrigger
4 - corrosivefrost
5 - JustLynx
6 - Spirited
7 - derExperte
8 - freshVeggie
9 - Sub Zero
10 - Frecklestein
11 - Miguel81
12 - ExoSoul
? - Ruruja

Mumble Server thanks to Spirited ( quote to reveal )

I said it before it is time for new round of protest in front of the Valve. Two guys from few years ago was nice start now there needs to be more, much more.

Look, if you gave me a choice between letting me redeem steam keys on the web or Half Life 3, honestly, man, just give me the web redemption already. At least that can meet my expectations

dex3108

Look, if you gave me a choice between letting me redeem steam keys on the web or Half Life 3, honestly, man, just give me the web redemption already. At least that can meet my expectations

One way or another you need to camp on lawn in front of Valve offices. They won't listen other way.

I think that Pascal thread needs some ice. Or are people going to get massively disappointed when Nvidia isn't releasing a 32GB VRAM Geforce card next year?

Dr Dogg

I think that Pascal thread needs some ice. Or are people going to get massively disappointed when Nvidia isn't releasing a 32GB VRAM Geforce card next year?

They wont listen to you dude because they have these crazy notions that only gaming GPU's exist let alone knowing what a Quadro or Tesla card is used for. Be nice to see if we change back from AMD at work as my Fire Pro 8000 is getting a bit long in the tooth.

Caerith

Then I'm incredibly wrong and NA has been stripped of the original.
Nah, it's like madjoki said:

Steam has been bugged lately, with random games/packages disappearing from store. It will eventually fix itself.

A few days ago it was New Vegas, Wolfenstein, Gat Out of Hell, and Divinity OS (leading to conspiracy theories that Bethesda was doing an EA, nevermind that half those titles aren't published by Bethesda). They were available for purchase again like an hour later.

Someone at Valve tripped over something, that's all.

Wok

header.jpg

Quick Impressions: Feist is dope. I hear it's short, but I personally like that. Essentially, take the aesthetics of Limbo and mix in some Out Of This World (Another World) gameplay elements + maybe a dash of Oddworld and what you have is Feist. The game has 3D models fixed in a 2D plane with this amazing silhouette motif. At first I thought it was all 2D animated, but you can every now and again see the hint of depth in all the movement. And then you'll come across a level that has a lake and mannnn, that is some gorgeous stuff.

pOKSWCu.gif

Mechanics are just as good as the visuals as well. The game doesn't hold your hand, just like Limbo and Out Of This World, so if you haven't played those mentioned games, you might get stuck for a moment or two. But if you're like me, you'll see all of the foreshadowing the game broadcasts and be ready.

I think my happiest moment was seeing a trap beneath a tree and realizing I as going to have to run back from a superior enemy, a la the Lion in the beginning of Out Of This World.

I don't care if this game is short. It's an excellent game.​

The game got a lot of awards.

fENUk6M.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom