• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
XzwpbqP.jpg

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The one I installed has the grey circle with the valve symbol in it as its icon.
It's currently ver. 0.9.0

So am I up to date? =X

Yep, you're all set and ready to go. You can download this new "helper" app if you have a lot of games to idle up to the 2 hour mark at once. Otherwise, you can wait until I incorporate that into the next full release.

Jazz573

VNSteamGAF and fans of lewd Japanese PC games, remember that at 10 pm PDT, JAST USA has a panel at AX. :) MangaGamer also has a panel but I have no idea when. I guess you might want to know that Sekai Project is also holding a panel, again I don't know when.

Eila

There's no All-Ages version, at least not on PC. There is a PS2 port, but MG doesn't have the licensing rights to that version since it's not made by minori.

Didn't If my Heart had Wings get butchered specially for the steam release? It should be doable.
I watched the ef anime a long time ago. It's pretty good.

This goes without saying, but don't go in the 'post pictures that make you go nope' thread in Off-Topic.

I've seen some shit, but there is no God in that thread.

cyborg009

Banned
not steam related but

Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth - PS4 / PS Vita 2016 US - PSN Only

oh god...i fucking love bamco
they are so unpredictable
suddenly they decide to bring this game to the west and forgot about the other two digimon games
i really hope they bring it to steam too
i'll double dip

I wished Namco announced God Eater 2: Rage Burst. That game is just too good. I wish it was on steam instead of Toukiden.
Also Wish we had more hunting games in general on steam.

I wished Namco announced God Eater 2: Rage Burst. That game is just too good. I wish it was on steam instead of Toukiden.
Also Wish we had more hunting games in general on steam.

There's a new version of the first game coming out on PSV/PS4 in Japan so they might be waiting on that.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Finished Close Your Eyes' Steam Trading Card stuff, now to see if we get approved or not. Being transparent with all of this, so here's what the content is if it gets approved:

BADGES:

Level 1 Badge: I Can See You
5b902dc961a086b3ad210d650af0a400a125dea7.png

Level 2 Badge: Face Reality
8a4c07c9ab6646cf5bbcfc609af2e1012797e17c.png

Level 3 Badge: Don't Leave Me
8ff21d32c3fc4782de8d8e2e67f36cf4c9e9c322.png

Level 4 Badge: Where Is This Going?
ad5695250ccbdcdee5b9fd0a54844ef1a32bfa03.png

Level 5 Badge: I'm A Murderer
500c06ca583fecf2a0700339c3de6a85f1497a1e.png

Foil Badge: AhahaHAHAHAHA
c91673bd79116b3ac42a694c512f04835d1e30e4.png

CARDS:
Marshmallow Monk
"Squishy~ The name's not actually, 'Marshmallow Monk,' that naming's simply all in appearance. But you have to admit, the way Marshmallow Monk squishes up and down going to and fro is absolutely adorable~"
00cb08e9aae48103c56120ffc95cbc1a.png

The Host
"He's your friend, really. He doesn't judge you, he just accepts you as you are. He may challenge you sometimes, but what good friend doesn't? Ask a few questions. But he knows. He knows you well. And in the end, all he really wants is for you to just close your eyes. Come on, just for a bit? Where the harm in that?"
6005892becc5c9f2b9b2f02a7e78514d.png

Girl
"They say, 'Girls just wanna have fun,' but that's just a bit demeaning, isn't it? Men and women aren't all that different, media has greatly exaggerated gender difference. Everyone wants to have fun, but we all have our responsibilities; our fears, our ambitions, our feelings... So while she may be, 'just a girl,' really, she's just like anyone. Well, maybe more issues than just, 'anyone'..."
7a0e20fae491f3e8aab117fc54f0acfa.png

Ghastly
"The most sane or insane person here? You be the judge! She is rather strong-willed, though. She just keeps going long after she probably should of quit, which leads to a lot of misfortune for her. Love, rage, guilt, there's lots of things that can make you blind, and sometimes it's this very reason we must close our eyes."
08e3564b790c94e86014010a72abcc18.png

Doodle
"They just wanted to party, and you murdered them. You party murderer. Bet you're no fun at parties, because you murder them."
5425126c8f6307d5d1d53028285d3184.png

BACKGROUNDS:
Tenderness is Key
"The secret to good pancakes is gentleness and care. Tenderness is key to making good pancakes. Well, tenderness is key to many things, actually."
Rarity: Common

The Host
"Welcome, ladies & gentlemen! How y'all doing? Are you ready for the next exciting questionnaire~?"

Hanged
"Make sure that your answer is just. Or else you'll be hanged, as you must."
Rarity: Uncommon

Role Reversal
"Is who we are today who we're going to be tomorrow?"
Rarity: Rare

Roll Your Eyes
"Comedy and horror are opposite sides of the same coin, sometimes the line between the two becomes blurred."

EMOTES:
:marshmallowmonk:
"You're a murderer, we all know it. But do you think you are?"
Large:
82cddcbbbd0427d355208b889d8046b7dcf4b1a2.png
Small:
b524a4ab55ec80fba5a9a4f1f0efee6589d5921e.png

:bloodygirl:
"Don't leave me..."
Large:
081f07a9b15325cff1d0f3a4d585b9673193859c.png
Small:
af064ff0de38fcf383e82dbb3142ecc8dbbf003b.png

:partyhat:
"This party is off the bomb, yo!"
Large:
fc6ae783a739d60093ce09b79e2ab9a4cccfa722.png
Small:
8fdd9158b66f3bdd7bb962fcd1d86d7d932d3363.png

:ribbons:
"Ribbons can be used either to bring attention or to conceal something."
Large:
61de268ed68d779738c19f0d21081f9dbed5251a.png
Small:
b35af5093946d6a02c752d8fa3435c531bcb8b39.png

:thehost:
"Ready for what you ask? The next exciting questionnaire~"
Large:
6995b83e82084f5a9e01d02de77045ffe4a69bb1.png
Small:
f5e9f4970b1bb9a527a8707203caa7e79ad8f5d9.png

:doodleghost:
"Why did you kill us?"
Large:
eab2abee242e5f034d38e14c185de784aa0fc143.png
Small:
80b923d103700fca2323beb1069051db329a3401.png

:ghastly:
"What am I to you? What are you to me?"
Large:
8a3b72a39ce36ae5ed30845318b1635b0001c34f.png
Small:
50de591e938730c21a69dcdfa12982edb2ab3593.png

:pancakes:
"Made with tenderness & love~"
Large:
cbbec4551a86e75c4b279f17fc32e4ce69007de4.png
Small:
21d08980838854d263ccae453253f07d04b11cdd.png

:microphone:
"Welcome, ladies & gentlemen!"
Large:
389476e8bc2fc00f57d17e271e56b6d310ebfef0.png
Small:
fed8ac1b2b0809e4ee0daf8b34556d8f8d9233bb.png

:eyeballs:
"Close your eyes~"
Large:
a82465f327f893a9192a20f5d3c8d1068b1091d3.png
Small:
809f19e78412b65b6ee5553b4d95bb754b82b006.png

---

Now here's hoping it all gets approved. Since it's art by us, I think it's alright to share all that, though there's certainly a chance it might not get approved or something.

Dusk Golem

Make a neogaf logo or a marijuana leaf and rake in the dough.

I know for a fact Cheesecake is working on a NeoGAF-themed visual novel he'll eventually put through Greenlight, if that gets through I think the NeoGAF logo emote should be saved for that~

Maniac

Banned
Think the small icon for the creepy face could do with one more line of black pixels under the left... Err, my left-hand side, err, eye.

Other than that it looks neat. Defo want that creepy smiley cause I don't have enough of those on Steam.
I know for a fact Cheesecake is working on a NeoGAF-themed visual novel he'll eventually put through Greenlight, if that gets through I think the NeoGAF logo emote should be saved for that~

There already is one for There Came An Echo, iirc

edit: Weed emoticon would certainly make all the monies in the world. Or waifu backgrounds.

Now here's hoping it all gets approved. Since it's art by us, I think it's alright to share all that, though there's certainly a chance it might not get approved or something.
They all look fantastic!

I certainly hope it gets approved.

Unfortunately it may not go to greenlight. And as Maniac stated, There came an Echo already made it.

Dusk Golem

Think the small icon for the creepy face could do with one more line of black pixels under the left... Err, my left-hand side, err, eye.

Other than that it looks neat. Defo want that creepy smiley cause I don't have enough of those on Steam.

edit: Weed emoticon would certainly make all the monies in the world. Or waifu backgrounds.

You mean this one?:
f5e9f4970b1bb9a527a8707203caa7e79ad8f5d9.png

The emotes are so hard to do because of how much small space you need, we tried a circle and square version for each, but for that one square looked better as the nose looked really weird in a circle.

They all look fantastic!

I certainly hope it gets approved.

Unfortunately it may not go to greenlight.

https://twitter.com/The_Raydio/status/612373544752693248

If worse comes to worse, I can pay for the fee for the game. It's $100, but I know Cheesecake and I have worked on a few small music tracks for the visual novel, I can submit the money if needed down the line in a month my expenses look good.

Feep already gave us the GAF logo with There came an Echo

I was thinking there was already one, but couldn't remember. Well, room for two, and can be very differently stylized as well.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

This set contains the following three multiplayer missions:
  1. "Demented Daruma"
  2. "Indelible Traces"
  3. "Chaos in the Gloaming"
  4. "Flurry of Blows"
  5. "Web of Fire"
  6. "The Madding Crowd"
  7. "Dancing Sands"
  8. "Avian Avenger"

1, 2, 4, 5 and 7 will be unlocked once you progress as far as Phase 8, while 3, 6 and 8 will be unlocked once you reach Phase 13.

Use the Portal Stone to access the multiplayer lobby and select DLC to receive the additional missions.
If you wish to play with multiple players, then each player must own this additional content in order to proceed.

1. "The Mighty Scythe"
  2. "Gut Out of Control"
  3. "Wings of Mass Destruction"
  4. "Twister of Timelines"
  5. "The Iron Hunter"
  6. "Bathed in Miasma"
  7. "As Hot As They Come"
  8. "Douse the Flames!"
  9. "Burning Shockwaves"
  10. "Writhing Watersnakes"
  11. "Unrepentant Atrocity"
  12. "Too Swift a Conclusion"
  13. "All That Glitters"
  14. "Transformations Awry"

1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 13 will be unlocked once you progress as far as Phase 8, while 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12 and 14 will be unlocked once you reach Phase 13.

Use the Portal Stone to access the multiplayer lobby and select DLC to receive the additional missions.
If you wish to play with multiple players, then each player must own this additional content in order to proceed.

1. "Obliterate Evil - Grace"
  2. "Obliterate Evil - Peace"
  3. "Exterminate Evil - Grace"
  4. "Exterminate Evil - Peace"
  5. "Obliterate Evil - Honor"
  6. "Obliterate Evil - War"
  7. "Exterminate Evil - Honor"
  8. "Exterminate Evil - War"
  9. "Obliterate Evil - Chaos"
  10. "Obliterate Evil - Yore"
  11. "Exterminate Evil - Chaos"
  12. "Exterminate Evil - Yore"
  13. "Slayer among Slayers"
  14. "Ladder of Heroes"

1, 2, 5, 6, 9, 10 and 13 will be unlocked once you progress as far as Phase 8, while 3, 4, 7, 8, 11, 12 and 14 will be unlocked once you reach Phase 13.

Fight with the style of the divers' robotic overlord S.T.E.V.E! The S.T.E.V.E. Weapon Skin pack adds new finishes for the SPP-1 Pistol, Sea Mine, LJ-10 VolleyJet, and ADS Rifle.

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Urja -- MB-7689C5DDA9CBDD62 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.
Why So Evil 2: Dystopia -- MB-73E19C6302201CF7 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
On A Roll 3D -- MB-83F9F2CD386536D6 - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Red Lake -- MB-7AEE08849E67A850 - Taken by SSPssp. 1 entrants total.
The Nightmare Cooperative -- MB-E11A9587AC146F74 - Taken by Sarcasm. 1 entrants total.
AIR GUARDIANS -- MB-E9E88CB06DBBE7F9 - Taken by Eila. 2 entrants total.
Square Heroes -- MB-2CB8222DB3B8796D - Taken by Kuroyume. 4 entrants total.
Once Bitten, Twice Dead! -- MB-5674C37D90C0CEBA - Taken by WinterDemons. 2 entrants total.
Grave Prosperity: Redux- part 1 -- MB-7B53BBCCD82DBD27 - Taken by anastef. 2 entrants total.
Why So Evil -- MB-A34073C473F9E358 - Taken by Tesseract. 2 entrants total.
INFECT AND DESTROY -- MB-C0CE6AD119FC43F3 - Taken by BernardoOne. 2 entrants total.
Breakout Invaders -- MB-AD93B6F56AA5CEC8 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 2 entrants total.

t1435886870z1.png

can i play lost planet 3 even if i never played the other 2?? , $4 seems like a good price to get the game but idk that much about it so maybe i need to play the other 2 1st or something

Dusk Golem

can i play lost planet 3 even if i never played the other 2?? , $4 seems like a good price to get the game but idk that much about it so maybe i need to play the other 2 1st or something

I think you'll be fine. The narrative in the LP series has some continuity, but, like... The story is pretty straight-forward, and not the reason to really be playing the games, it's basically trying to fit a story around, "Oh, this would be cool!", and more has to do with the world the game is set in than the actual 'story' or characters. Also, each of the four Lost Planet games have some big differences to each other in terms of gameplay, it's been a very experimental series, so each entry stands on its own pretty well.

Dusk Golem

Lost Planet 2 is the best one.

I will say this, Lost Planet 2 is my personal favorite. It's one of the most overlooked, best co-op games ever made, in my opinion.

The problem is as its GFWL, Capcom never puts it on sale anymore, and to best enjoy the game means playing with three other people. It's fun even in single player, but how good that co-op is can't be expressed until you try it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

It's all looking really lovely, in that creepy sort of way! And a belated thanks for a code from one of your previous giveaways.

Speaking on Greenlight and Steam related stuff, I have indeed been putting some thought into what I would like to try for emotes, backgrounds (waifu backgrounds are pretty much a given) and the like, but we're a long way off and I still need to worry about getting on Greenlight and passing through it first. I've got a notebook filled with a general plan, but most of it are things we won't be talking about for months yet.

On that note, I apologize for the lack of info or screenshots or anything on the project. There's a lot going on behind the scenes right now but a lot of it is stuff we don't want to just throw out until the product is much closer to completion. It's been killing me to need to stay so quiet. Sorry it's taking so long, hope to have something soon.

Dusk Golem

It's all looking really lovely, in that creepy sort of way! And a belated thanks for a code from one of your previous giveaways.

Speaking on Greenlight and Steam related stuff, I have indeed been putting some thought into what I would like to try for emotes, backgrounds (waifu backgrounds are pretty much a given) and the like, but we're a long way off and I still need to worry about getting on Greenlight and passing through it first. I've got a notebook filled with a general plan, but most of it are things we won't be talking about for months yet.

On that note, I apologize for the lack of info or screenshots or anything on the project. There's a lot going on behind the scenes right now but a lot of it is stuff we don't want to just throw out until the product is much closer to completion. It's been killing me to need to stay so quiet. Sorry it's taking so long, hope to have something soon.

I know the feeling, but trust me, it's best to hold it in until it's ready to be shown. -nods- Though if other plans fall through, I can pay for the $100 Greenlight fee for you in the upcoming months, as a heads-up.

Or if you don't mind it going through me, I could do it, and give you permissions to enter the page and modify stuff freely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom