• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That's the first and only puzzle I ended up using a guide on. Once I figured it out I smacked myself in the head because I really should have been able to get it on my own, but I tried, took a break, tried, took a break, then tried again and just had to look it up.

Yeah this one seemed easy at first but I'm just not getting it. It's like I need an extra clone. I've been here a while now... but I'll get it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've now advanced to the rooms that give you 10 orbs. I still haven't used a guide yet. Every time I get stuck, I quit out for a while. When I come back, I eventually figure it out. I love how some puzzles seem easy at first, but turn out to be quite devious to get. The other way around happens as well: sometimes the solution is more straightforward than I first thought. Overall these are some of the best puzzles I've seen in a while.

When the gravity mechanic was introduced, I thought things would get harder, but some of them were actually easier than the 'normal' puzzles before them. But I liked the gravity addition to mix it up.

Have to say that I'm more than impressed by this game, it's one of the best puzzle games I've played. Here's exactly where I'm at right now

Yep, easily one of the best indie games I've ever played.

Sch1sm

*subs*
screw it, i'm sticking around :V I need a new community thread besides ToonamiGAF >_>

Welcome. What games are you currently playing?

Neither was mine. But geez, I've got three idlers in my Steam library now. That's three too many! D:

Sounds like a load of +1s to never be played. JaseC territory.

In all honesty, I'm sure there are people out there who enjoy mindless clicking and the potential for carpal tunnel or some other wrist issues.

Too boring a genre to bother with. I'll never buy a clicker. Strategy games are all the clicking I need.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I bought a new Steelseries gaming headset (wired) for my PC to replace my wireless Logitech headset that had started going out on me. I'm cheap, so I didn't pay that much for it. But it arrived yesterday and I got a few hours in with it this morning and I'm already loving it. I guess I didn't realize how bad my Logitech pair had got, and now I can hear all my games again, and it works on my PS4 which is nice.

I really need to put some money aside to save up for a new PC. I built this one over 3 years ago and it's starting to show it's age. I'm thinking of jumping the AMD ship for an Intel / Nvidia rig.

Also, I've decided I'm saving up my Idle Master proceeds for Tales of Zestiria. I'm already half way there. If I'm lucky, I'll get a free copy of Symphonia from it also.

Anyway, just wanted to share my gaming related thoughts out loud here.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Double Dragon Neon -- MB-8A3BCC4BBF9E3F79 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 12 entrants total.

t1437948679z1.png

Dying Light worth $28.99? I see it on Indiegala for that price and I can't decide

Also this game Bios popped up in my recommendations, looks cool. Anyone try it out?

drakaenae

some unclaimed keys
ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Infected The Twin Vaccine Collector's Edition -- MB-DE6661FE84B7ECB2 - Taken by Eila
Gun Monkeys -- MB-5EEC80FE943E431D
Realms of the Haunting -- MB-44BE3DDD162A9B9F - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Bin Weevils Arty Arcade -- MB-007F83E307CCAC50 - Taken by crazyrabbits

Dying Light worth $28.99? I see it on Indiegala for that price and I can't decide

Also this game Bios popped up in my recommendations, looks cool. Anyone try it out?

Yeah I think it's worth $29, I paid $45 for it and thought it was well worth the money, I played 54 hours of it according to Steam and that's just on one playthrough so for $29 you can't go wrong.

Sch1sm

Cheapest it's been, and it's a Steam key. It's favoured over Dead Island, too, for the most part. If you're going to play now, bite.

Panda Rin

I just picked it up this morning from Indiegala and played it for about 2 hours. I'm enjoying it so far, but I'm not sure if it's entirely worth 29 bones. Kind of regret not being more patient and waiting for 15-20.

Got my monitor choice down to the dell 2515h and the 2715h, anyone got either of these? I'm coming from a dell 2412m so response times don't bother me and having the ips colours for anime is fantastic

Trying to get roughly the same screen size as my current 24" 16:10

144hz + gsync + ips really do seem out of my price range :(

Grief.exe

What were Frost's complaints on Ori? I'm at the first dungeon and it has been excellent so far.

Loving the arstyle, music, atmosphere, platofrming, and combat. Really the whole package so far.

I bought a new Steelseries gaming headset (wired) for my PC to replace my wireless Logitech headset that had started going out on me. I'm cheap, so I didn't pay that much for it. But it arrived yesterday and I got a few hours in with it this morning and I'm already loving it. I guess I didn't realize how bad my Logitech pair had got, and now I can hear all my games again, and it works on my PS4 which is nice.

I really need to put some money aside to save up for a new PC. I built this one over 3 years ago and it's starting to show it's age. I'm thinking of jumping the AMD ship for an Intel / Nvidia rig.

Also, I've decided I'm saving up my Idle Master proceeds for Tales of Zestiria. I'm already half way there. If I'm lucky, I'll get a free copy of Symphonia from it also.

Anyway, just wanted to share my gaming related thoughts out loud here.

I'm waiting for Skylake to upgrade to an i7. Sandy Bridge will go down as one of the best consumer processors of all time, but it is starting to show its age, especially with DX12 right around the corner.

On paper, Pascal is looking to be a huge leap forward with the die shrink and HBM2.

friends don't let friends buy headsets, though that is the cheapest solution if you needed something for console.

Nothing on PC ;-;

Paper Mario TTYD->Tropical Freeze->Earthbound Zero->Earthbound is what I hope I can get through before I start college, then all these PC games :3

And Time and Eternity on the side.

Paper Mario emulates well on PC and has a 16:9 hack.

didamangi

I'm waiting for Skylake to upgrade to an i7. Sandy Bridge will go down as one of the best consumer processors of all time, but it is starting to show its age, especially with DX12 right around the corner.

On paper, Pascal is looking to be a huge leap forward with the die shrink and HBM2.

Looks like Skylake is just an incremental upgrade on the CPU side like before, they beef up the igpu though with all the 4K craze. If you're still on sandy bridge it's probably a worthwhile upgrade, not so much if you're on Broadwell/Haswell-E I think. Unless Skylake has an exclusive DX12 code thing that I don't know about?

Paper Mario emulates well on PC and has a 16:9 hack.

Tested Super Mario Galaxy on my PC with a real wiimote+nunchuck and candles as the sensor bar since I didn't have a wireless sensor bar at that time. It looks pretty amazing with SSAA and higher internal res. And using the wiimote is really fun as well.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
That's the first and only puzzle I ended up using a guide on. Once I figured it out I smacked myself in the head because I really should have been able to get it on my own, but I tried, took a break, tried, took a break, then tried again and just had to look it up.

I figured it out, holy crap. I don't even know if I got the 'right' solution, but I did it.
I had one guy on the ceiling and one on the floor, and I jumped, made them touch, which gave me an extra clone

this game hnnggh so good

Microsoft, by way of owning Lionhead, owns the B&W games, not EA. Ditto for The Movies, which was on Steam until Acti's publishing contract expired.

In that case, I'll settle for the Windows 10 Marketplace. I've been an emperor of a civilization from before Christ. Now let me become a god. Again.

Knurek

Gee, EA, thanks for making Mass Effect 3 check the licence of all purchased DLCs at each boot. With my net access gone from morning, I can't even load my bloody save... :(

These should work, otherwise apologies.
ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pantsattack, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Defense Grid -- MB-74CBDD58781658BE - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.
Jamestown -- MB-7C97E124E8D192AE - Taken by iosefe. 3 entrants total.
Vessel -- MB-E71A7E6FDA2B88CB - Taken by texhnolyze. 3 entrants total.
Naval War Arctic Circle -- MB-C101848FF8E8DE37 - Taken by Couchaddict. 1 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Defense Grid was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Jamestown was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Vessel was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Naval War Arctic Circle was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1437950779z1.png

Did a little more testing last night on win10 and using a DS3/4 for those games is totally fscked currently due to the lack of hiding dinput. While games like Broforce work fine with just dinput, the dinput mappings for the DS/DS2 games are totally not where they should be and I found no way to customize buttons. I wonder if I could use PGP to fix it...

borderlands in third person is cool

That looks amazing -- is that Borderlands or Borderlands 2? I'd be curious to test that out when I go back to 2 to finish the DLC.

What were Frost's complaints on Ori? I'm at the first dungeon and it has been excellent so far.

Loving the arstyle, music, atmosphere, platofrming, and combat. Really the whole package so far.

Artstyle and music were great. Platforming was good, mostly, until you get into some of those funky things with spike hit detection and just having them blend in to the environment (I've seen a lot of people complain about that).
I don't think Ori is a bad to average game (like Strider 2014), but I don't think it's half as amazing as some people hype it up to be.
My problems with the game were:

(1) The chase sequences. If you haven't done one yet, you're in for a fun surprise. Having all "bosses" be trial and error chase sequences was not a good decision, IMO. I was talking with another GAFer about the game at one point and he mentioned (paraphrasing) "if I were a reviewer, I would have docked at least 1 point for the chase sequences alone." I totally agree with him too... they're more along the lines of frustrating than fun.
(2) The locking out of areas after you finish them, especially if you didn't know that you couldn't backtrack there later with your better mobility/abilities. As an achievement hunter, I was pissed to find out I couldn't get the 100% map exploration achievement cause I'd been locked out and I couldn't go back. There was also an upgrade to something I missed, I can't remember which, that was affected by this.
(3) The save system -- it's interesting and good -- until you realize that even with the patch from the dev that allows you to access your 5 most recent saves, you can't go back and get things you missed unless you're really careful when using them. But with the crutch of using the save creation to restore life (which I found life drops to be really sparse), I had a habit of spamming save point creates to restore life, which totally cancels any usefulness of the access the previous 5 savepoints.
(4) Some of the later abilities are really clunky in terms of mechanics -- it took a lot of getting used to for me to master the catapult ability, but even then, I had instances where aiming it where I wanted it to go was off by just a little bit. Must be the fact that I used a controller instead of kb/m tho. :p

Overall, I'm glad I played it, but I don't think it lives up to the hype people seem to have for it. Not for me at least.

Intro spoilers, if you haven't played Ori:
The intro also was a gut punch of epic proportions after having my dog suddenly pass away 8 days before I played the game. I had to stop playing and take a break after that... the feels in this one were real.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
I figured it out, holy crap. I don't even know if I got the 'right' solution, but I did it.
I had one guy on the ceiling and one on the floor, and I jumped, made them touch, which gave me an extra clone

this game hnnggh so good

Yep, that was the proper solution. When I saw it I had that "Wow, thats fantastic. I should have figured that out." moment. It seems so simple after you've got it! I think that one in particular was a really great puzzle. It does an A+ job of misdirection.

Hey guys, just got my account verified after 3 different emails and 4 years (maybe longer?) of lurking. Thought I would make my first post a giveaway in my favorite thread on GAF. Cheers.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Midshipman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Iron Brigade -- MB-F0AFE4DF5A27D958 - Taken by Spirited. 5 entrants total.

t1437941299z1.png

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Hey guys, just got my account verified after 3 different emails and 4 years (maybe longer?) of lurking. Thought I would make my first post a giveaway in my favorite thread on GAF. Cheers.

Haha, Welcome hope you stick around!

We need some new people in here to get this place going again.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (spindoctor, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Psychonauts -- MB-3A678C1325CFC9CE - Taken by gar3. 4 entrants total.
Company of Heroes -- MB-C81E5F964CC90D86 - Taken by Vardhan. 1 entrants total.
SpeedRunners -- MB-14A8DAF26D419282 - Taken by Undead Bokun. 3 entrants total.

t1437941899z1.png

Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Lain, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

SpeedRunners -- MB-1417198AB978950E - Taken by Mikurden. 3 entrants total.

t1437942139z1.png

dex3108

IIRC he said the game was wayyy too hard for him and would have preferred an easy mode without achievements to distract him and controls that were friendlier for the mouse and keyboard.

I really can't think of any platformer where K&M controls were good enough. Simply gamepad is best way to play them.

Chariot

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chariot, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Please worship waifus

Rules for this Giveaway:

Analogue: A Hate Story With Soundtrack -- MB-FCD91C04882654BC - Taken by lindarasta. 3 entrants total.
Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ -- MB-07511BBA6F5A7D63 - Taken by bloke. 3 entrants total.
Company of Heroes -- MB-3FCA31DAEACB60B2 - Taken by OmarYusaf. 2 entrants total.

t1437952882z1.png
Blergh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom