• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry SteamGAF...I'm cheating on you with my Vita & P4G

no regrets

Play Ys Memories of Celceta, then all is forgiven.
Hey guys, just got my account verified after 3 different emails and 4 years (maybe longer?) of lurking. Thought I would make my first post a giveaway in my favorite thread on GAF. Cheers.

Hello and welcome aboard! Yeah, steamGAF is best GAF! I forget about gaming side most of the time since coming here >_<

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
...from $60 nearly 3 years after release. Oh well, I guess that should be expected for CoD.

Activision treats is day one customers right. You can always feel secure in buying the game straight away as it takes years for the price to significantly decrease.

header.jpg

Interesting. Looks like the enhanced mobile re-release of King of Dragon Pass is releasing on PC July 28! A fine day to be crowned as king of Dragon Pass! I'm curious what it'll be priced at...

Also, not gonna lie, I want it on GOG, not Steam. Hopefully it makes its way over there so that the old version and new version can chill together in my GOG library, where they belong.

DRAGONS

(1) The chase sequences. If you haven't done one yet, you're in for a fun surprise. Having all "bosses" be trial and error chase sequences was not a good decision, IMO. I was talking with another GAFer about the game at one point and he mentioned (paraphrasing) "if I were a reviewer, I would have docked at least 1 point for the chase sequences alone." I totally agree with him too... they're more along the lines of frustrating than fun.
(2) The locking out of areas after you finish them, especially if you didn't know that you couldn't backtrack there later with your better mobility/abilities. As an achievement hunter, I was pissed to find out I couldn't get the 100% map exploration achievement cause I'd been locked out and I couldn't go back. There was also an upgrade to something I missed, I can't remember which, that was affected by this.

Those chase sequences almost ruined the game for me. I felt like just stopping the game once the first one came along. But, I got through them and thinking of having to do them again makes me never want to play the game again. Which sucks, because I loved everything else about it. I just hate being chased in games because I get nervous and can't think straight.

Being locked out of areas was annoying, too, especially because I went into the game with the mindset of collecting everything. Once I realized I couldn't go back to an area I gave up on that goal.

Honestly, if I ever do play through it again I'll probably cheat my way through those chase sequences and not feel bad about it one bit.

Jawmuncher

Finally beat RE5 on Professional. As Sheva, no coop and no infinite ammo.

I have to admit, as much as i love RE6 (mainly for the combat), RE5 is still the more polished game.

I haven't even done that for Professional. Props.
tumblr_mcdmxuchLp1r4jva0o1_400.gif

Damnation was so much better than degeneration.

pahamrick

RE6 was fun from what I've played on coop, majority of gaffers were being turfster

i bet lost planet 2 is a really cool game too judging from what my friend was telling me

ohhh

The biggest issue with Lost Planet 2 is it wasn't Lost Planet Extreme Condition 2 (if that makes sense). For what it is, LP2 is a great game. Still annoyed I missed the discounted price during the Summer Sale. I was going to grab it the last day, but then they jacked the price back up.

Anteater

The biggest issue with Lost Planet 2 is it wasn't Lost Planet Extreme Condition 2 (if that makes sense). For what it is, LP2 is a great game. Still annoyed I missed the discounted price during the Summer Sale. I was going to grab it the last day, but then they jacked the price back up.

think that discount might've been an "error", capcom hasn't been discounting it ever since they said they weren't planning to remove gfwl, I saw the game being discounted on and off in the sale so I don't know what's up, it was pretty weird.

I really want to buy and try the game though, coop or not, one of my friends love that game for its combat, he'd probably buy it again on steam too, stupid capcom.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Finally beat RE5 on Professional. As Sheva, no coop and no infinite ammo.

I have to admit, as much as i love RE6 (mainly for the combat), RE5 is still the more polished game.

RE5 on Pro has some very tricky moments, but manageable since all that really changes between Veteran and Pro is one hit dying mode and super fast dying mode. I did it single player too, but it's a lot easier co-op for certain. XD;

I haven't even done that for Professional. Props.
tumblr_mcdmxuchLp1r4jva0o1_400.gif

Yuuup, Damnation is ridiculously better than Degeneration for the Resident Evil CG films. Degeneration is an interesting experiment, but it feels so... Hollow, dull really outside of a few conceptually interesting things as a fan. But Damnation is a lot more fun, better written, better action, better characterization, an all around better film. There's some things pointing to Capcom doing a third CG film for Resident Evil for RE7, so here's hoping it's just as good, if not better, than Damnation.

RE6 was fun from what I've played on coop, majority of gaffers were being turfster

i bet lost planet 2 is a really cool game too judging from what my friend was telling me

I played Lost Planet 2 earlier this year in 4-player co-op. It is an insanely good co-op game, it actually has some similarities to Resident Evil 5 while also being quite different than it, I think they ran on the same version of MT Frameworks and must of used some similar coding as there's some RE5 animations and just... Feels like it at times (and you can get Wesker's RE5 model in the game for multiplayer also), but LP2 in many ways feels like a modification of RE5 just with more free movement, mechas, and more giant monsters and some differing mechanics. It's up there as one of the best co-op games I've played,

It's legitimately saddening Capcom may never take it off GFWL, put it on sale again, and more people may never get to experience just how good that game's co-op can be. I actually did not know it went on sale during the Summer Sale.

Thanks.
Wesker and Jill
boss fight was hellish with the AI though.

I remember that part being a bitch even with a co-op partner on Pro, with an AI and them not knowing how to shoot the little chest gadget thing, I can imagine it being hellish.

ohhh

RE6 Mercenaries No Mercy in coop was some of the most fun I had last gen.
The combat in this game is incredible and truly shines there.

Nah.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Yep, that was the proper solution. When I saw it I had that "Wow, thats fantastic. I should have figured that out." moment. It seems so simple after you've got it! I think that one in particular was a really great puzzle. It does an A+ job of misdirection.

I thought that was going to the toughest one, but the one in the screen actually has me stumped even more. I've tried
the 'jumping into eachother' trick again, but here it doesn't work. I can only shoot the clone into the area upside down

edit: lol still stuck, this one is a real pain

Anteater

wow I didn't know there was another cgi film after degeneration, RE's story lost me after RE5, I mean I still get what it was about in RE5 but I didn't really keep up with what was going on in 6, and not having played revelations didn't help, I was really into RE's story before RE4 came out too, those were the days...

I played Lost Planet 2 earlier this year in 4-player co-op. It is an insanely good co-op game, it actually has some similarities to Resident Evil 5 while also being quite different than it, I think they ran on the same version of MT Frameworks and must of used some similar coding as there's some RE5 animations and just... Feels like it at times (and you can get Wesker's RE5 model in the game for multiplayer also), but LP2 in many ways feels like a modification of RE5 just with more free movement, mechas, and more giant monsters and some differing mechanics. It's up there as one of the best co-op games I've played,

It's legitimately saddening Capcom may never take it off GFWL, put it on sale again, and more people may never get to experience just how good that game's co-op can be. I actually did not know it went on sale during the Summer Sale.

man I hear a lot of good things about the game, I really hope capcom gives the series another chance and get rid of gfwl in 2 while they're at it. I enjoyed the first game too.

RE6 Mercenaries No Mercy in coop was some of the most fun I had last gen.
The combat in this game is incredible and truly shines there.
people give RE6's campaign a lot of shit (understandably), but all the random qte events were hilarious to me in coop lol

Jawmuncher

wow I didn't know there was another cgi film after degeneration, RE's story lost me after RE5, I mean I still get what it was about in RE5 but I didn't really keep up with what was going on in 6, and not having played revelations didn't help.

You actually didn't really miss anything not playing revelations. Hell you really don't miss anything not seeing the movies either. The only prelude to RE6 was the manga with Chris and Piers which I didn't read. Aside from that, the story in all of the games is always kind of bonkers but RE6 did step it up though.

Anteater

You actually didn't really miss anything not playing revelations. Hell you really don't miss anything not seeing the movies either. The only prelude to RE6 was the manga with Chris and Piers which I didn't read. Aside from that, the story in all of the games is always kind of bonkers but RE6 did step it up though.

I actually love that about REs lol, I guess the older games were a bit more simple but despite what people think about the story being cheesy, it was a lot of fun to me with a mix of seriousness especially with RE2, was pretty awesome to speculate what happened to the characters back then.

Damn I miss those old capcom days.

I remember that part being a bitch even with a co-op partner on Pro, with an AI and them not knowing how to shoot the little chest gadget thing, I can imagine it being hellish.

Actually while I died a few times there I didn't find it that hard. What gave me a lot of problems was the first part, as the AI would randomly get shot and killed by
Jill
while too far away from me. Not to mention all the times it died while trying to get through the first door with
Wesker
always in the way. I eventually learned I had to shoot him so he would stop kicking poor Chris :p

Not exactly Steam related, but SGDQ is live for the week, raising money for Doctors without Borders.

Tune in here and donate if you can:
http://twitch.tv/gamesdonequick

There's a schedule of what speed runs are coming up and what incentives there are here:
https://gamesdonequick.com/schedule

I think I'll rehost it on my twitch when I'm not playing Bloodborne. :3

--

Anyone know how to get borderless window gaming (steam) to not show as "running" all the time?

Kuroyume

Banned
This Quake con sale was colossally disappointing. Did Quake ever even get its own day? Been looking forward to purchase the bundle and never saw a good deal for it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This Quake con sale was colossally disappointing. Did Quake ever even get its own day? Been looking forward to purchase the bundle and never saw a good deal for it.

It did, but it only went 50% off. It's been 75% off several times in the past.

shockdude

Anyone know how to get borderless window gaming (steam) to not show as "running" all the time?
On mobile so I can't make detailed instructions.
But in general, make a bat file containing the line
Code:
start program.exe
then make steam launch the bat file instead of program.exe directly.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
gotta save the good discounts for Bethesda.Net... hmm, what will they call their game client? Anvil? Forge? Vault? Vault sounds good. Exclusive discounts for Bethesda.net Vault users! Plus the PC port of Wet will be Vault exclusive. Wow!!!

pahamrick

gotta save the good discounts for Bethesda.Net... hmm, what will they call their game client? Anvil? Forge? Vault? Vault sounds good. Exclusive discounts for Bethesda.net Vault users! Plus the PC port of Wet will be Vault exclusive. Wow!!!

I don't know what it is, but your new avatar fits so well with sarcasm.

Looks like they've sealed it tight.

( &#8226;_&#8226;) ( &#8226;_&#8226;)>&#8976;&#9632;-&#9632; (&#8976;&#9632;_&#9632;)

iosefe

i'm sorry, but what the hell is that avatar? where is the dog?

chronomac

Enjoy.

ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Out of the Park Baseball 15 -- MB-108238BE5FDE105D - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 2 entrants total.
Real Boxing -- MB-26379543B24C6FDC - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Mercenary Kings -- MB-30E16CA23FF3FE45 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 4 entrants total.
Fallen Enchantress -- MB-ADDC023F84C9597B - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.
Kill the Bad Guy -- MB-87089713C3EC3A99 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 2 entrants total.
Outland -- MB-1351FF905E1D3D5C - Taken by Teppic. 4 entrants total.

t1437954980z1.png

On mobile so I can't make detailed instructions.
But in general, make a bat file containing the line
Code:
start program.exe
then make steam launch the bat file instead of program.exe directly.

Hrrm... okay, sounds like a plan. Thanks.
Need to figure out how windows handles autostart entries these days so I can get it to start with windows again.

Kifimbo

Good little games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Canabalt -- MB-B063321DCE304214 - Taken by Henry Swanson
VVVVVV -- MB-A3269424102129D1 - Taken by gurm3n

pahamrick

Hrrm... okay, sounds like a plan. Thanks.
Need to figure out how windows handles autostart entries these days so I can get it to start with windows again.

I flip flop between using it and not using it, if only because some games I see a pretty big increase in FPS by using exclusive fullscreen vs borderless window. Do you see similar results?

I'm talking in terms of up to a 10FPS difference sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom