• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsun

Banned
Then get Witcher 3.

Bah, I've completed witcher 3 twice now :D.

https://www.reddit.com/r/GameSale

I just got a key for $14.

The keys expire August 1st, so the closer we get to that the more desperate people will be to sell off codes. If you wait a day or two, you could probably get an even better price.

I was able to talk the price down from 25 by mentioning that I know the keys will expire soon, and that the port is really poor quality meaning people are selling it really cheap elsewhere.

So basically, if people don't redeem the Nvidia keys by August 1st, they'll be worth nothing. Nows the time to bargain!

Thanks for the advice, will definitely pursue this method :D

Is it possible to add custom funds to Steam? I have an old prepaid visa card that ends next week with 2.34 usd in it. I had forgotten about it, so I want them in my account.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Happy birthday, Shadownet~

Is it possible to add custom funds to Steam? I have an old prepaid visa card that ends next week with 2.34 usd in it. I had forgotten about it, so I want them in my account.

Sadly, the minimum amount you can add is $5. However, you can add custom amounts over that minimum with Enhanced Steam and navigating to this page.

Sch1sm

Why not just use the pre-paid alongside Steam funds (if you have any), since, like Cheesecake said, you can't add less than $5.

Does Hunted has local co-op?

I'm already prejudiced against this game because "Demon's Forge" was the name of a graphical text adventure I used to play, and I could pretty much get nowhere in it. It was the bane of my young existence. Just seeing those two words together fills me with loathing.

Happy birthday, Shadownet~

Sadly, the minimum amount you can add is $5. However, you can add custom amounts over that minimum with Enhanced Steam and navigating to this page.

Why not just use the pre-paid alongside Steam funds (if you have any), since, like Cheesecake said, you can't add less than $5.

I was just going to get a dota item or something with that leftover. I guess I'll just use it in the humble bundle!

Annubis

I just started playing WotS4 and the game already bugged me with something. The game's window starts off anywhere and then expands to 1920x1080 with like parts of it not even in my screen anymore.
Now, that's not so bad because I know how to fix that easily and if anyone has the same issue, I recommend using AutoSizer (http://www.southbaypc.com/autosizer/)

I'll give a shout-out to this little software because it's really useful to make windows appear where you want them to or even resize some games without sizable windows forcefully; all automatically.

In the case of WotS4, don't use "center" because it centers at launch when the window is at the default size. You'll want to use "position" and put the X and Y of where it will be centered after the window gets expanded.

Turfster

Hunted is one of those "eh, maybe for 5$" games... except Betashed's inability to discount keeps it at HAHAHAohyou'reserious prices, even with their "generous" 40% off.

zkylon

zkylewd
Hunted is one of those "eh, maybe for 5$" games... except Betashed's inability to discount keeps it at HAHAHAohyou'reserious prices, even with their "generous" 40% off.
i always beth wasn't so bad at discounts, games like dishonored and new vegas and rage have been super cheap often

i think hunted is just a weird curiosity no one really cares about or knows how to properly price

or something

oh god i remember this thing

i remember watching brian fargo talk about it and be like "maybe it's not so bad"

it was like the ue3est of things

how have the days changed

I'm already prejudiced against this game because "Demon's Forge" was the name of a graphical text adventure I used to play, and I could pretty much get nowhere in it. It was the bane of my young existence. Just seeing those two words together fills me with loathing.

I've read some reviews and yes it's kinda "not so bad" game. I'm not too judging about the game quality, as long as it has local co-op then it'll be fine.
Oh, and apparently it has one. I guess I'll bite.
iw0pHmU.jpg
Anyway, how about Resident Evil local co-op?
Which one is better, 5 or 6? I've watched some footage on youtube, but RE6's split screen is kinda weird.

I can't see the shipping price since it says it can't ship to me, but check to see if there isn't an absurdly high shipping price. That's a new thing that ebay sellers do. "Only $5! Plus $100 shipping."

If not, the fact that it appears to be a Steam key makes me think it was stolen, but I'm not 100% confident of that.

zkylon

zkylewd
I've read some reviews and yes it's kinda "not so bad" game. I'm not too judging about the game quality, as long as it has local co-op then it'll be fine.
Oh, and apparently it has one. I guess I'll bite.
i remember some good pre-release press about it and brian fargo saying nice things

i might've done like a news post or something once about it lol

soooo long ago

Except not this Quakecon sale.
You know, their big flashy own con thing that attracts... well, used to attract a lot of attention.

well yea i mean like

historically speaking

Never heard of this game before.
it's developed by inxile if u can believe it

Turfster

After a second thought, I think I'll put it on the whistlist and wait for a cheaper deal instead lol.

We should have apparently gotten it during GMG's sale 5 days ago, when it was 5€, instead of the generous 12€ it is during the fucking Quakecon sale.

Jesus wept, Bethesda.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
i had to stop playing it cos my phobias don't go so well with the giant roaches in it but i liked it a lot, actually

it's more like commandos (or something) than regular fallout, but it looks great and it's just fun to like slowly gain ground and clear rooms and set up everyone and all that, at least it was back in the day. the story isn't too connected to anything and it's mostly there for backgroud dressing, at least as far as i got (got to the giant roach boss and i was like F THIS SHIT)

Pff destroying giant bugs with mini nukes is one of my favorite things to do in Fallout games. I ended up buying the bundle. I'll probably end up going through the entire Fallout series by the time Fallout 4 comes out woooo.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Shadownet, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Shadownet, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood #2 -- MB-31ADA830C4912C01 - Taken by chronomac. 25 entrants total.
Legend of Grimrock II -- MB-0EC0E109F632D757 - Taken by Blu(e). 21 entrants total.
The Wolf Among Us -- MB-F44DF61BC7538A67 - Taken by Zero-Crescent. 15 entrants total.
How To Survive Storm Warning Edition -- MB-1A5824186738ADBA - Taken by Sarcasm. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Wolfenstein: The Old Blood -- MB-825594ADE2692AB3 - Taken by Intel. 29 entrants total.

t1437977420z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom