• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Nothing -- he's just being a dick because Tizoc and I mentioned the PC version being played on a charity stream and it's not technically on Steam so it's "off topic".

I think you're being harsh to Doggie here; I don't recall reading any posts of them having issues with offtopic discussion on the Steam thread. He prob. saw the posts about RE3 on PC and was wondering if it got stealth released or something ala Onimusha 3.

I think you're being harsh to Doggie here; I don't recall reading any posts of them having issues with offtopic discussion on the Steam thread. He prob. saw the posts about RE3 on PC and was wondering if it got stealth released or something ala Onimusha 3.

Could be, but he'd have to clarify. Given the generally toxic nature that seems to be the default around here, I went with what seemed most likely to me -- since if he read my post and not just yours, I explicitly questioned (rhetorically) as to why Capcom hasn't put RE3 PC out on Steam.

Tizoc

I dunno -- he'd have to clarify.
But if he read my post and not just yours, I explicitly questioned (rhetorically) as to why Capcom hasn't put RE3 PC out on Steam.

Could be licensing issues for when they made the PC ver.?
or maybe they're worried Steam users would react negatively to a blocky looking 90s PC game.

Could be licensing issues for when they made the PC ver.?
or maybe they're worried Steam users would react negatively to a blocky looking 90s PC game.

I'm surprised it took them so long with RE4.
I'm still wondering why they haven't ported RE:CV; but I'm guessing it makes more sense for them to release REmake and RE0 because they can easily make X1/PS4 versions and get more sales.
Plus figure in your "no HD" upgrades and stuff and they'd probably fear a backlash from the community and poor sales.
But if they priced it properly, I think it could be profitable as a PC only type thing.

maty

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

The Impossible Game -- MB-033F604AD76B5790 - Taken by Sch1sm

Could be, but he'd have to clarify. Given the generally toxic nature that seems to be the default around here, I went with what seemed most likely to me -- since if he read my post and not just yours, I explicitly questioned (rhetorically) as to why Capcom hasn't put RE3 PC out on Steam.

Or corrosive. ;)

If you can get me talos principle for $6, yes please? >_>

(How are you getting these for $6 did I miss something :V)
He lives in China, and therefore has access to Chinese prices.

Guess I fit right in then, huh? :3

Like Peanut butter and jelly!
:feena:

Anyways, I want to get the kill 10 enemies in 15 seconds cheevo in Shadow Warrior. Anyone got it, and if so, what's the best way to get it?

Its 6 now. I just need to know how many gifts I can buy in 1 hour. And I still need a solution how I can buy a steamwallet card with german PP ;)
You can buy 7 or 8 a day, IIRC.

If you can get me talos principle for $6, yes please? >_>

(How are you getting these for $6 did I miss something :V)

I sent you a PM. I'll take one if you've got them still.

Also, very happy to win Old Blood. Should have some time this week to play it.

Its 6 now. I just need to know how many gifts I can buy in 1 hour. And I still need a solution how I can buy a steamwallet card with german PP ;)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Anyone knows how much gifts I can buy each hour?

Everything I bought on the last day of the Summer Sale I did so as gifts (I didn't want the possibility of my bank freezing my card getting in the way of things) and that was around a dozen separate transactions in the space of 90 minutes.

Everything I bought on the last day of the Summer Sale I did so as gifts (I didn't want the possibility of my bank freezing my card getting in the way of things) and that was around a dozen separate transactions in the space of 90 minutes.

Cool. You have any idea where I can buy steamwallet cards in us-$ with a german PP account? :D

Man, July is indeed such a slow month, hence the thread title. August seems kinda similar with few noticeable releases.
I'm glad I still have my mmos to fill my needs for the time being.

Ah. And chinese copies are US copies I'll assume? Welp. If he gets it working, I'm in >_>

I bought a copy of The Talos Principle from Chairmanchuck a few days ago and it activated just fine, it shows up as a normal copy of the game for me in the US. Hell of a game for $6, I'm really enjoying it.

I can paypal it :D

But seems now I need a 50$ one, since more people want it.

That's fine. As I said I did it for another GAFer the other day -- I should have a Steam wallet code for you within a few minutes of receiving the paypal... PM me if you want me to do it -- I'll still be up for another 30-45 minutes, I think...
As far as I know, they come in $20/$50/$100 denominations, so whatever you have.

That's fine. As I said I did it for another GAFer the other day -- I should have a Steam wallet code for you within a few minutes of receiving the paypal... PM me if you want me to do it -- I'll still be up for another 30-45 minutes, I think...
As far as I know, they come in $20/$50/$100 denominations, so whatever you have.

I sent you a PM. 50$ would be good.

Soulflarz

Banned
Love you guys

Seriously, I've been here 24 hours and I have Max Payne 3, a half dozen more steam friends (oh yeah, feel free to add me on steam, im still soulflarz), and now talos principle for $6?

Where the hell have I been?

Steam may have my wallet but Rocket League has my heart

Edit: what good is a community thread for if I can't accidentally derail it off topic for fun :3

I mean, I would never.

Arthea

so... the steam thread is toxic that's why frostie is corrosive? The more you know

I've played some of Blue Rose, and it is actually better than I thought it was, will write more after finishing all routes.

Maybe I was expecting too much from Talos Principle, after all the hype, and playing that prerelease game for codes and it being called like second coming in puzzle games, but it disappointed me right from the start. I need to get back to it at some point, not expecting to find the best game ever, that should help.

Knurek

Since I couldn't play Mass Effect 3 all Sunday, I put some hours into Penny Arcade 3.

Really fun RPG-lite (it's pretty much Final Fantasy XIII player agency-wse with better fighting system). Also, no RPG Maker here meaning proper widescreen and controller support.
Need to get back to the game as soon as Mass Effect 3 is done.

Also finally managed to find a preset in Witcher 3 that gives me locked 30fps (some very slight frametime variance here and there, but nothing noticeable). Goodbye SSAO, we hardly knew ye.
Still getting 90-95% GPU usage here and there, so I guess I might tinker some more if later areas have higher requirements.
Pascal, where art thou?

Arthea

Since I couldn't play Mass Effect 3 all Sunday, I put some hours into Penny Arcade 3.

Really fun RPG-lite (it's pretty much Final Fantasy XIII player agency-wse with better fighting system). Also, no RPG Maker here meaning proper widescreen and controller support.
Need to get back to the game as soon as Mass Effect 3 is done.

Also finally managed to find a preset in Witcher 3 that gives me locked 30fps (some very slight frametime variance here and there, but nothing noticeable). Goodbye SSAO, we hardly knew ye.
Still getting 90-95% GPU usage here and there, so I guess I might tinker some more if later areas have higher requirements.
Pascal, where art thou?

spockeyebrow.gif

you do hate your FF13 and fps has nothing to do with it, or do they?

spockeyebrow.gif

you do hate your FF13 and fps has nothing to do with it, or do they?

I know, right? >_<
I almost quoted and said something about that dig at the fighting system, but you handled it. ;)

Wonder if it's available in my region as Nuuvem's been doing some stricter region restrictions lately :/

Sorry, couldn't tell you there -- I haven't bought it, though you could try that webpage someone made to check the regions for nuuvem stuff.

--

Looks like the SGDQ runner is doing Silent Hill 2 on PC too. Why isn't it on Steam, Konami? >_<

Tizoc

I know, right? >_<
I almost quoted and said something about that dig at the fighting system, but you handled it. ;)

Sorry, couldn't tell you there -- I haven't bought it, though you could try that webpage someone made to check the regions for nuuvem stuff.

--

Looks like the SGDQ runner is doing Silent Hill 2 on PC too. Why isn't it on Steam, Konami? >_<

Aside from the reason being Konamisalami, there's also the voice actor fees/rights thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom