• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

wherehowwhy

I said before i had 3e on my wallet (Free Money from Steam items that friend owed me) so i only had to add 3e from my card :D These days that is only way to get Bethesda DLCs cheap.

Well
Summer Games Done Quick had a raffle for winning a PS4, you just had to donate like $30 IIRC.
Dunno if it is still running :p

I already have more than half money for PS4 in my tech budget for this year and i hope that rest will come for my birthday from relatives and family :D

derExperte

Greenlight: The Birdcage
'The Birdcage' is an Action-Adventure Music Video Game! A first of a kind music album that is experienced entirely through a video game featuring world renowned artists from Guns N Roses, Evanescence and more!

zoDkCfd.png

I said before i had 3e on my wallet (Free Money from Steam items that friend owed me) so i only had to add 3e from my card :D These days that is only way to get Bethesda DLCs cheap.

;( I could get it for free that way. Free like PS+-free. Would've spend some Playfire dosh on it but then GMG didn't discount the DLCs individually.

I already have more than half money for PS4 in my tech budget for this year and i hope that rest will come for my birthday from relatives and family :D

Probably stating the obvious but you know that after the 3 months PS+ are gone the games are too (until resubbed of course)?

Tizoc

Probably stating the obvious but you know that after the 3 months PS+ are gone the games are too (until resubbed of course)?

I think they just wanted to claim these games so that when they resub they can play them. The games rotate next week so if they don't get them now they'll miss out on them.

AHA-Lambda

Next on the backlog Volgaar the Viking

*15 mins later*

DarkSoulsisFullofNOPE-37450.gif

Next on the backlog Dark Messiah Might & Magic XD

EDIT: urgh, and it crashes every time I quit >_>

Arthea

what would make you buy the Steam cards, emoticons or backgrounds of any particular game?
- is it all about the franchise/IP?
- or how nice they look?
- or just wanna collect them all?

---
I personally buy just to increase my level (yes...)
and support the devs or the games I really like

I do it this way:

new games - can I make some money back? (rarely works, sometimes does tho, takes time and effort), as there are no many cards on the market to trade and prices are all over the place.

older games - cards being cheap enough, many opportunities to trade for missing ones, booster packs I get, etc., I hold those till sale to craft, because there is no money to make of backgrounds and emotes, only gems for booster packs for much more expensive cards.

games that were free, card prices being very cheap, I craft all to 5th level, buying cards when they are cheapest (right after the game was free or bundled a lot), keep till sale to craft.

edited: only once I made backgrounds and cards for the game I like a lot, that was for Trails, I was not successful making foil badge, tho, prices of foils were rising all the time and never dropped after initial drop when I bought 5 of them, but I sold those, because others were too expensive to buy.

edit2: as you can see from games that lashman posts, I'm very tempted to abandon greenlight altogether, I don't think I have patience for it anymore.

dex3108

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Glow Ball: The Billiard Puzzle Game -- MB-E15DB5843E6286D6 - Taken by Kagemusha

derExperte

If you think your game's concept is just too good and fun on its own ask the Tiny & Big devs how to ruin the experience by making 1/3rd of the levels fucking annoying boss fights. What the shit is the last level? Why aren't there more like the ones where you freely explore and cut your way to somewhere? Then it's like the best game ever. Then they fuck it all up.

That one stanley parable ending that takes almost 4 hours to do.

I can't believe people actually did that

have you no regard for the finite amount of time you have on this here earth?

Well, thank goodness for youtube and the folks who are willing to take that hit for us nice and pleasant people because that shit really isn't worth it. It's not even close to being a top 5 ending in that game.

Arthea

If you think your game's concept is just too good and fun on its own ask the Tiny & Big devs how to ruin the experience by making 1/3rd of the levels fucking annoying boss fights. What the shit is the last level? Why aren't there more like the ones where you freely explore and cut your way to somewhere? Then it's like the best game ever. Then they fuck it all up.

what happened to your fascination with Chivalry? Ended so soon?

I was secretly hoping that you'll stick with it for a year at least, now when we failed our world domination quest I need another challenge.

That one stanley parable ending that takes almost 4 hours to do.

I can't believe people actually did that

have you no regard for the finite amount of time you have on this here earth?

Well, thank goodness for youtube and the folks who are willing to take that hit for us nice and pleasant people because that shit really isn't worth it. It's not even close to being a top 5 ending in that game.

which one takes 4 hours? (spoiler tag it)
I thought I've seen most, none took 4 hours as far as I can remember.

edited:
Indiegala monday is up and it has Tap Heroes in it (it's on my wishlist for some reason)
https://www.indiegala.com/monday

Pay $1.89 or more
Instinct (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Incognito (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Tap Heroes (STEAM) + STEAM TRADING CARDS
Data Hacker: Reboot (STEAM)
Armed with Wings: Rearmed (STEAM)
Cloud Knights (STEAM)

I was secretly hoping that you'll stick with it for a year at least, no when we failed our world domination quest I need another challenge.

Look up the Art ending. It really is something

From the wiki:

Art Ending

Once Stanley reaches the Baby Game, he continues to press the button to save the baby. After 2 hours, the Narrator will add another game, one where you have to save a puppy from piranhas by pressing another button in front of the first one. In order to beat both games, Stanley has to go back and forth to press both buttons. After a total of four hours playing, Stanley will be brought to a white room where he will see the Divine Art.

In addition, when playing the Baby Game, the Narrator will talk about the likeliness of using hacks to repeatedly press the button without actually doing anything yourself.

If Stanely fails at either of the games, then the Game Ending will start.

Arthea

From the wiki:

oh boy... I definitely haven't seen that one, nor it would ever occur to me to do all that, especially
2 hours part

Later, gotta complete those single player indie games I've got installed over the last several years. Tiny&Big done, last level was horseshit but I'd buy part 2 if they hire a better level designer.

you seriously think you can do that?

I tried, then I concentrated on finishing VNs at least, and even then I'm so far behind, it's not even funny.

derExperte

Later, gotta complete those single player indie games I've got installed over the last several years. Tiny&Big done, last level was horseshit but I'd buy part 2 if they hire a better level designer.

you seriously think you can do that?

I tried, then I concentrated on finishing VNs at least, and even then I'm so far behind, it's not even funny.

Installed, not bought and I ain't one of those weirdos who downloads everything because the internet could disappear overnight. Mostly stuff I started and for no reason whatsoever abandoned, still ~60 left but the last two weeks have been productive.

Arthea

Is there something wrong with idlemaster? Seems like it says "idle complete", but I still have like 20 games with card drops.

false idle complete occurs if your badge page or community is not fully accessible, at least these were reasons for me during the sale, not anymore.

kurahador

false idle complete occurs if your badge page or community is not fully accessible, at least these were reasons for me during the sale, not anymore.

I see. Works just fine yesterday, guess it's on steam side.

EDIT
Nvm...seems like it was caused by Facebook unlink.
Just need to re-login steam in Idlemaster.

Arthea

Installed, not bought and I ain't one of those weirdos who downloads everything because the internet could disappear overnight. Mostly stuff I started and for no reason whatsoever abandoned, still ~60 left but the last two weeks have been productive.

only 60?!
I have more than 100 left, too afraid to count
I'm jelly

edited: I'm actually not sure what to do with couple of games I'm stuck in, like This Starry Midnight We Make, I want to finish it, but I'm seriously stuck there without any ideas what to do left.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
More spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cloud Knights -- MB-1FA885E56335DEA5 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Armed with Wings: Rearmed -- MB-469DA32A3A5F9CD2 - Taken by madjoki
Data Hacker: Reboot -- MB-8D148A2BB7A02603 - Taken by dot
The Lost City Of Malathedra -- MB-BFF5C74A083F14B5 - Taken by spindoctor

Project Green Beat -- MB-0A262EB5095DB60A - Taken by nightstorm
Crab Cakes Rescue -- MB-3E933175BAC4DB3D - Taken by Purkake4
Tap Heroes -- MB-E4B3C71086CBC4CF - Taken by redlacs
Incognito -- MB-A792F85081656E7B - Taken by gurm3n

Bundle Stars - RPG Heroes Bundle ($2.49)

Blades of Time Limited Edition
Etherlords I & II
FATE: Undiscovered Realms
Wizardry 8
Rune Classic
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny HD
Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny - For The Gods DLC
bit Dungeon II

-----

This is also the the first of 5 different "Heroes" bundles they will be offering...1 per day starting today

We salvaged the remains of Europe from the jaws of defeat during World War Two only to have them spit in our faces with this ultimate betrayal.

I don't see how these wounds could ever be mended.

What's the difference between 60FPS locked and unlimited frame rate? My monitor is 60Hz so I feel that locking it at 60 is the best move. I got a 970 and I'm looking to break it in with The Witcher 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom