• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

life is strange ep4 to hit in 9hrs

hold on to your butts

Im hella ready! HappyFace

Disney games on GMG now
http://www.greenmangaming.com/disney-titles/

region locking out the US

Sweet justice!
muhaha.gif

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Poll will be closed in a couple days, then the countdown for gaffers to join the game will be posted.

dd3488ae69593cedf5e73b818ae98e6737aa956c.jpg
2b19a255140350735cf8461f6e893452e1eae95e.jpg
351603b89e1863831c84aacab7bf3a315f03443b.jpg

Vote for steamgaf euro night two game
We'll have to do two separate games if even close to the people that votes joins the game night.
Nice that there's interest for having a game night though!

I'll have my mumble server up for this week's too if people want to join.

EDIT:When thinking about it you maybe should have put the poll so you have to quote to see it.

I honestly can't remember.

Are you sure that this is working with a public, anonymous poll like that. I honstely doubt that we have 30 participants.

Dunno, but
I'll decide what we play, I don't believe in democracy
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Any alternative to strawpoll that might be better?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Also my 970 and the cpu cooler has been shipped and MGSV has been redeemed, now it's just a waiting game both for the release of MGSV and for the parts to get here.

Chariot

Dunno, but
I'll decide what we play, I don't believe in democracy
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Any alternative to strawpoll that might be better?
Let people send you a PM with their choice or make a poll where they have to give a username on google drive.

Kaleinc

Banned
What's the difference between 60FPS locked and unlimited frame rate? My monitor is 60Hz so I feel that locking it at 60 is the best move. I got a 970 and I'm looking to break it in with The Witcher 3.
Locking framerate will reduce your 970's load > temperature > noise.

Soulflarz

Banned
5 star scale doesnt perfectly convert to 10 point scale in games since your average game if it's not terrible but not amazing reviews ~7/7.5, with anything under 6 being varying levels of 1 star :V

Anteater

why can't i chat with these fine ladies in novigrad

witcher 3 looks extra fine today for some reason, and I'm noticing the motion blur, weeeeird

gurm3n

Neo Member
euro night

no love for south america ;_;

I'm with you, bro. I noticed the last Chivalry euro night and I kind of wanted to take part because I bought it and didn't have anyone to play, but I was shy to ask. Maybe we could form a south american night (?). Or a global, idk.

euro night

no love for south america ;_;

I'm with you, bro. I noticed the last Chivalry euro night and I kind of wanted to take part because I bought it and didn't have anyone to play, but I was shy to ask. Maybe we could form a south american night (?). Or a global, idk.

Everybody is welcome to steam gaf euro night, but you might get lag if you are too far away, that's why it says euro night, but if you can deal with the lag you are more than welcome :)

dex3108

now i'm getting a 7/10

I just don't understand how you feel about this game

It will be good enough game to have fun with it and to play it occasionally after you finish story but for some map will be too big and probably they won't like whole scrap mechanic. Also i don't expect amazing story, it will probably be enough to hold game together, and i am afraid that side missions will be repetitive. So expect 7-8/10 or 3-4/5 (i hope for 8) :D

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
The thing is that the latency make some games really unenjoyable, which makes global game nights harder.

Anteater

geralt's smug is great

9zOmceN.png

My Life is strange is updating

In preparation for tomorrows Episode 4 launch, we've just pushed a new patch to Steam.

Episode 1 only users will have roughly a 90MB download.

When Episode 4 becomes available at 00:01 UTC:
2.4GB download for Episode 4

Specific issues addressed in Episode 1 patch:

Preparation for Episode 4.
Improved stability for users in certains areas of the game.
Auto resize text display for item descriptions so it always fit the screen.

you can get tearing from an unlimited framerate since the framerate will fluctuate, just at higher levels

Locking framerate will reduce your 970's load > temperature > noise.

Excellent, I'll lock it up. Thanks for the replies. Speaking of GPU noise, mine seems to be louder than my old 660 Ti. It's not horrendously loud but enough that I notice it when I'm playing a game. Should I be worried?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Armed with Wings: Rearmed -- MB-DD1FF99F850B8952 - Taken by Kuroyume

So if you use a pad for USF4 and that pad is a DS3 or DS4, you're fucked on windows 10. Dual inputs be damned. Though I suppose you could turn off DS4windows, like I did to get Broforce to work properly.

Someone needs to figure out if it's possible to restore that "activation engine" or whatever it was that got removed and caused this problem with DS4windows.

It will be good enough game to have fun with it and to play it occasionally after you finish story but for some map will be too big and probably they won't like whole scrap mechanic. Also i don't expect amazing story, it will probably be enough to hold game together, and i am afraid that side missions will be repetitive. So expect 7-8/10 or 3-4/5 (i hope for 8) :D

I expect it to be decent too, but I expect a shoddy release on PC too — if WB can even allow the possibility of a release as horrendous as Arkham Knight's, their biggest release, it's reasonable the same could happen for Mad Max.

Hektor

Seriously? Pump those brakes. Giving out 500 keys by hand is bound to produce a few mistakes.

My friends and I all got good keys pretty quickly.

Wait, he's doing that by hand? Dont people usually use bots for such things?

Also, i dont wanna come off as an asshole, that was just venting by me, nothing against the dev himself.

€: And i got a working one. Cool.

MUnited83

For you.
I expect it to be decent too, but I expect a shoddy release on PC too — if WB can even allow the possibility of a release as horrendous as Arkham Knight's, their biggest release, it's reasonable the same could happen for Mad Max.
PC port is by Avalanche themselves no? Should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom