• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

Witcher AI when it comes to fist fights isn't exactly the best. just keep moving around and wait for them to come at you one at a time AssCreed style.

it's still a linear mini game that's not exactly flexible and require you to do things their own way, the controls don't really help making it enjoyable.

The magic mercenaries lost was captured by Just Cause 2. that game breathes chaos

unless youre talking about some other mercenaries game. which is still not as good as Just Cause 2

Parsnip

Went to grab a speedrunners key, got one, tried to redeem it, turns out I already own speedrunners.

Quote to reveal. APPARENTLY GONE.

Purkake4

Banned
Usually just an alienware account.

Just sign up for an account on there, that's all you need to do.

Yes, you need to own at least 2 Alienware devices to redeem the Steam key for the game. You can only redeem it when both Alienware devices are on and they are connected to the Alienware Hive Servers™.

no you just click "get key" and they give key and you redeem key on Steam.
Cheers, they're all gone now.

pahamrick

The magic mercenaries lost was captured by Just Cause 2. that game breathes chaos

unless youre talking about some other mercenaries game. which is still not as good as Just Cause 2

Mechwarrior 2: Mercenaries.

Just Cause 2 is definitely a worthy Mercenaries (Pandemic) replacement, however.

Yes, you need to own at least 2 Alienware devices to redeem the Steam key for the game. You can only redeem it when both Alienware devices are on and they are connected to the Alienware Hive Servers™.

no you just click "get key" and they give key and you redeem key on Steam.

I like you.

If you ask me this should have been the first dlc.

Nobody asked you, though. :3

The tweet says they haven't finished it yet.

Uh...

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42
Final W3 DLC is New Game+

11817275_10153168277089331_849467491956073483_n.png

RIP my time

Anteater

borderlands's 3rd person mod works well for me

i'm indestructible and nothing's gonna stop me now.

except i can't find the last skull for this fucking fetch quest.

pahamrick

I just wish Just Cause 2 had some actual content.
Instead of tiny bit of content copy and pasted all around a ginormous map.

Yeah. I should probably actually finish JC2 one of these days, all my playtime has been using cheats to unlock all weapons and vehicles and then running around blowing stuff up and playing around with the grapple lines.

...I'll probably end up doing the same whenever I get JC3.

Which is pretty surprising. Though i suppose a lot of people are still digging away at the side content.

The way the scaling in the game is as of now, I would imagine it would have taken them some extra time to balance out all the items and enemies for NG+, it will be interesting to see how they get it to work.

Sch1sm

Cheers, they're all gone now.

Nah, I got one.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Speedrunners -- MB-5481908C1721CEF0 - Taken by Uzzy. 4 entrants total.

t1438020565z1.png

Is the original Witcher still bugged for anyone else? (i.e. Not purchasable on Steam, it shows as a bundle)

I'm hoping that this doesn't mean it's gone before I can snag it, but it's been glitched for a while now.

I just wish Just Cause 2 had some actual content.
Instead of tiny bit of content copy and pasted all around a ginormous map.

Yeah, as fun as it is to dick around in JC2, it's main missions are monotonous. Without mods, it's easy to get tired of it.

Mercenaries (the first one) had fantastic missions and the "dead or alive" system for targets added a lot to it. Wish that would get re-released on Steam — the second was lame (though I could never pinpoint why).

Sch1sm

Is the original Witcher still bugged for anyone else? (i.e. Not purchasable on Steam, it shows as a bundle)

I'm hoping that this doesn't mean it's gone before I can snag it, but it's been glitched for a while now.

Yeah, still not fixed in the Canadian store. I doubt you'll be unable to get it elsewhere during sales, but it seems they've yet to fix this if it even is a mistake.

Yeah, still not fixed in the Canadian store. I doubt you'll be unable to get it elsewhere during sales, but it seems they've yet to fix this if it even is a mistake.

Interestingly, everywhere that I've checked that still sells it is now only offering it on GOG, or transitioning to GOG codes.

Maybe this is an intentional move by CDPR.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Spotted a few horror games worth mentioning in the Weeklong deals, either as they're good games at inexpensive prices right now.

Both BloodRayne games on Steam are $1.99, lowest they've been on Steam (first game was 50 cents cheaper on GOG once, matched with GOG for lowest price on second game). They're older goodies made by the creators of NOCTURNE, horror hack-n-slashes full of gore, sex, style, interesting enemies, and an extensive moveset and narrative.

Do you want a slow-burn but extremely atmospheric and well done horror point'n'click? The Lost Crown (Currently $2.49) is severely underlooked, with a deep compelling story, a variety of ghost-hunting tools to use to find traces of the supernatural, but comes at a slow pace. It's a bit of a long game and the slow pace doesn't help, BUT there is a really good story and atmosphere that begins to take over as the game continues.

Both Darkness Within games are $2.49, cheapest the first game has been on Steam, cheapest the second game has ever been. The first game is a point'n'click adventure horror game, the second game is a first-person free-movement horror game. Both spot a very good Lovecraftian horror story and have found a cult audience. Some find these games to be some of the best Lovecraft-inspired horror games out there.

---

There's some very mixed reviewed games less than $1 if you want to look, a few have trading cards.

zkylon

zkylewd
Giant Bombcast is still okay if you got nothing else.

can't stand dan's dumb american thing :p

if only vinny was there..

Match 3? Does it have to be a gaming podcast? If so, Idle Thumbs and Giant Beastcast are my go-to's at the minute.
i think they do? i always wanted to listen to idle thumbs too, dunno what it is but heard good things

didnt know gbeast had a podcast, might do that

I only listen to the bombcast (and I'm like 30 weeks behind on these) and beastcast. And occasionally nerdist, depending on the guests.

I can't tolerate klepek.
beastcast might be one

i never got the hate for patrick, guy's pretty cool

the spells bound to face buttons thing reminds me of folklore

looks cool, dunno what it is or how it plays or if it's in english but can't say it doesn't look cool

Dusk Golem

Thought you might like this: RPS just put out another genre top 25 list for PC horror games.

I do always enjoy reading up on other peoples opinion, and still many titles I need to play. I own a lot on PC but I still have a lot to play. I've been focusing this year mostly on PSX/PS2 horror games I've been meaning to play from my collection, but many more to go through.

Do you want a slow-burn but extremely atmospheric and well done horror point'n'click? The Lost Crown (Currently $2.49) is severely underlooked, with a deep compelling story, a variety of ghost-hunting tools to use to find traces of the supernatural, but comes at a slow pace. It's a bit of a long game and the slow pace doesn't help, BUT there is a really good story and atmosphere that begins to take over as the game continues.

Both Darkness Within games are $2.49, cheapest the first game has been on Steam, cheapest the second game has ever been. The first game is a point'n'click adventure horror game, the second game is a first-person free-movement horror game. Both spot a very good Lovecraftian horror story and have found a cult audience. Some find these games to be some of the best Lovecraft-inspired horror games out there.

What's the jumpscare quotient on Lost Crown and Darkness Within?

Sch1sm

can't stand dan's dumb american thing :p

if only vinny was there..

i think they do? i always wanted to listen to idle thumbs too, dunno what it is but heard good things

didnt know gbeast had a podcast, might do that

Vinny is on Beastcast, just so you know. I pretty much listen for him primarily.

IdleThumbs is a fun one, shorter than the Giantbomb/Beastcast episodes, too, so it's nice between. Rarely ever got overlap with them, too, which is great. I used to listen to Player One, but I dunno what it was. Couldn't get into it.

Chariot

What is this sick shit? I bought Forwad to the Sky, but it's in german and I don't know where I can change the language settings. Going to refund that if I can't play that game in english.

Dusk Golem

What's the jumpscare quotient on Lost Crown and Darkness Within?

Lost Crown doesn't have much in terms of jump scares, there's a couple, but it mixes things up a lot and it likes to focus on other types of horror, things like things that just look creepy, following something you really feel you shouldn't, seeing something slowly coming towards you, among many other different things. It tries to be more atmospheric than startling.

Darkness Within is a very Lovecraftian series, there's hardly any jump scares and more a slow burn of mystery, intrigue, things greater than us to even comprehend, that sort of stuff. But also a growing sense of madness.

Dusk Golem

What is this sick shit? I bought Forwad to the Sky, but it's in german and I don't know where I can change the language settings. Going to refund that if I can't play that game in english.

There's a topic in the Steam discussion pinned for how to manually set game language:
http://steamcommunity.com/app/333250/discussions/0/612823460267435434/

For Windows players, you can find a Lang.txt in the same folder of ForwardToTheSky.exe.
( Usually C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\Forward to the Sky )

Open the .txt and edit first line to:
JP: for Japanese.
EN: for English.
TW: for Traditional Chinese.
CN: for Simplified Chinese.
AUTO: by default, maps to your O.S. language. ( if not supporting your language, English is used. )

For some reason it's hard for us to put the language setting in game with GUI selection, but hopefully this can at least give you more options. Thank you.

inm8num2

I do always enjoy reading up on other peoples opinion, and still many titles I need to play. I own a lot on PC but I still have a lot to play. I've been focusing this year mostly on PSX/PS2 horror games I've been meaning to play from my collection, but many more to go through.

One entry that stood out to me was Depths of Fear: Knossos. IIRC you wrote a recommendation for it recently - I should give that game a shot!

zkylon

zkylewd
My current podcast list for work is:
RPGFan - Random Encounter (http://www.rpgfan.com/random_encounter.html)
Rooster Teeth podcast (http://roosterteeth.com/show/rt-podcast/feed/mp3)
Lore (http://www.lorepodcast.com/episodes)

what are these about?

cant click much since im at work

sigh

Well then do I have a podcast for you! Giant Beastcast, Vinny, Alex and new duder Austin, with special CNET guest Jeff Bakalar. I've been liking this one more than the Bombcast pretty much since it was introduced.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/beastcast/
dunno about that jeff person but i like all of those gb guys

i also like the guys at regular gb, it's just that i can't stand dan's dumb american attitude lol

stopped watching regular gb quicklooks because of it, it sucks, but i guess thats what ppl used to feel about patrick

His whole demeanor just irritates me for some reason.
weird, but i guess those things are always weird

Vinny is on Beastcast, just so you know. I pretty much listen for him primarily.

IdleThumbs is a fun one, shorter than the Giantbomb/Beastcast episodes, too, so it's nice between. Rarely ever got overlap with them, too, which is great. I used to listen to Player One, but I dunno what it was. Couldn't get into it.
short sounds nice, gonna give it a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom