• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a really good week for releases.

King's Quest, The Swindle, King of Dragon Pass, Never Alone DLC.

And this.

header.jpg

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 GOG keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

PGP3OVL.png
Witcher 1 (GOG) -- MB-37651B5253114341 - Taken by Mikurden
PGP3OVL.png
Witcher 2 (GOG) -- MB-E1C9AA8A042E6616 - Taken by gurm3n

The Switcher!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
can't stand dan's dumb american thing :p

if only vinny was there..

i think they do? i always wanted to listen to idle thumbs too, dunno what it is but heard good things

didnt know gbeast had a podcast, might do that

beastcast might be one

i never got the hate for patrick, guy's pretty cool

the spells bound to face buttons thing reminds me of folklore

looks cool, dunno what it is or how it plays or if it's in english but can't say it doesn't look cool

Beast cast is my current favorite podcast. I missed Vinny so much. Everyone there works together really well. The latest episode was just fantastic. Definitely listen

Buraindo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Buraindo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Screencheat -- MB-DC72AD008929F409 - Taken by TheLight. 22 entrants total.

t1438034065z1.png

-

Eila

so , the car glitch in Devil's Third wasn't glitch at all
the car really appear like this in real life

6-10-2013%2010-11-12%20AM-300x175.jpg

so , its online only game on PC...right ?

Yeah, only the multiplayer will come to PC, apparently. And the game will come out as free to play.
That thing is a weird car with unloaded texture, an issue with a lot of earlier Unreal Engine 3 games. I remember Gears of War multiplayer on Xbox 360 would load with low quality textures all the time, and then the real textures would suddenly pop out.

Jawmuncher

-30% $19.99 -> 13.99

Madeleine Valois is a prince's companion. It is her responsibility to keep him out of trouble - not to let him walk blindly into a political minefield, not to let him get arrested for a crime he didn't commit, and definitely not to let him fall in love with her...
ss_32d410f270d10c592681948c541d57fc90030f63.600x338.jpg
ss_5e99a59483fcea13da1736e9fcaea105524ac05f.600x338.jpg

By Hanako Games.

totally agree...N++ is out this week too. The Swindle looks very interesting. Has anybody here played it yet?

Here's impressions from someone who played it:

My review for ACG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyQOyPCQDEM

Rated it a Buy. Easily.

The its actually really cool lots of pause and pounce that goes on throughout the levels. Far more cerebral than it looks.

Yep nothing to worry about. No time limit on the levels in fact it absolutely requires you to pause and think at times. The overall pressure is deciding to cut out with what money you have versus go for the gold because of a hard section. Each time you return you lose a day. Its fantastic.

Taken from its OT.

zkylon

zkylewd
RPGFan one is about RPGs.
Rooster Teeth is about... pretty much anything.
Lore is about folktales/mysteries.

hmm, will start with gbeast i think

not used to listening to non-music stuff so i'm gonna start with familiar voices i think

not generally a podcast type person, you can't sing along to podcasts

Grief.exe

Re: DS4 and Windows 10:

Thanks for keeping us up to date.

Spotted a few horror games worth mentioning in the Weeklong deals, either as they're good games at inexpensive prices right now.

[URL="http://store.steampowered.com/app/3820/"]
header.jpg
[/URL]

Both BloodRayne games on Steam are $1.99, lowest they've been on Steam (first game was 50 cents cheaper on GOG once, matched with GOG for lowest price on second game). They're older goodies made by the creators of NOCTURNE, horror hack-n-slashes full of gore, sex, style, interesting enemies, and an extensive moveset and narrative.

I remember PM'ing Jase several years ago and recommended he pick up the Majesco Steam games as they hadn't touched them in ages, were facing the umpteenth year in a row of losses, and were discussing bankruptcy.

Now I come back and they have funded new games, added trading cards, and are actually discounting their library.

Thought you might like this: RPS just put out another genre top 25 list for PC horror games.

That's an excellent list.

I actually found Shadow of Chernobyl to be better than Pripyat, both as a game and from a horror perspective.

rtcn63

I'm guessing he works in some capacity as a system builder (or maybe just a parts shop), so he just keeps the codes on the cards he sets aside for resale.

Knurek

Bear in mind this is only a temporary fix until a proper solution comes around. It is rough, and far from ideal.

Right, so I have only tested this with Dark Souls 1 so far. Currently testing DS2 SOTFS (it is 64bit, so it's a bit strange.) As I do not really know of any other games which require the Hide Controller option, I can't test with those. But they SHOULD work with this method.

1. Plug in your DS4 to your PC as you always would and launch InputMapper/DS4Windows as Admin (I use DS4Windows).

2. Hiding the controller/using exclusive mode must be enabled (actually, it might not be necessary but all I know is that it works with it on).

3. Download x360ce.

4. Open the ZIP and place the single .exe into the folder where your game .exe is.

5. Launch x360ce.exe which you moved into your game folder as an Admin.

6. It should ask if you want to create the ini and dll files required to make it work. Say yes to both.

7. It should then ask if you want to use the internet to automatically search for settings. Select that option. Then click finish.

8. This is a repeat of step 7 because it detects 2 controllers due to the way InputMapper/DS4Windows works.

9a. x360ce should detect 2 controllers now: Controller 1 should be "Wireless Controller", and Controller 2 should be "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows).

9b. This might be optional, but to be sure, open Game Controllers in the bottom right of x360ce, then click Advanced and make the "Controller (XBOX 360 For Windows)" as your preferred device.

10a. Back in x360ce, click the Options tab (just to the right of Controller 4) and select "Enable Combining".

10b. Go back to the Controller 1 tab and click on the Advanced tab. Check "Combine this Controller".

10c. Go to the Controller 2 tab and click on the Advanced tab. Check "Combine this Controller".

11. Click Save, and then close x360ce. You don't even need it open when you play your games, just for that first time setup.

Anyone with Win10 can confirm this works for other people?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom