• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

AA9fzT9.jpg

Shadownet

Banned
Cause Ningen doesn't own it on Steam?

Once that cross platform play patch is out, more of us in here (those with PS4s and active PS+ subs) will have the game (including Ningen) so it might be an option then?

Or, y'know, set up your own Rocket League night like Ningen did for the other games in the poll? :p

I thought cross play is already enabled in Rocket League.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Still deciding on whether to ply through metal gears or do more backlog after I finish Lego Jurassic World.

I really recommend the metal gear games, I've gone through the first 4 ones the last 2 weeks as I want to be prepared for MGSV when it releases.

Thanks everyone in unofficial steamgaf chat for making me play through them, I was going to jump straight into MGSV if you wouldn't have stopped me :p

Sorry to everyone who wanted Talos Principle yesterday.

It was a busy night yesterday in Beijing, since I was eating outside with some friends when it started to rain. It looked similar to this last night here:

beijing-rain-3.thumbnail.jpg

So I arrived home at about 0:00, took a shower since everything was wet and then honestly I forgot about that.

So sorry I couldnt get you Talos for cheap :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Sorry SteamGAF

I plan on playing it on console at release, then I'll repurchase on PC when it gets good mods a few months down the line.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Sorry SteamGAF

I plan on playing it on console at release, then I'll repurchase on PC when it gets good mods a few months down the line.

Solid plan, I'll just not get it before some good mods start popping up.
(Like rebalance, UI and unofficial patches)

Soulflarz

Banned

It was a busy night yesterday in Beijing, since I was eating outside with some friends when it started to rain. It looked similar to this last night here:

beijing-rain-3.thumbnail.jpg

So I arrived home at about 0:00, took a shower since everything was wet and then honestly I forgot about that.

R I P ;_;7

(It's okay :3 I just bought Titanfall instead~)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
BLASPHEMER!

It's also... I don't know - tradition. I guess.

I think I've played every Fallout and Elder Scrolls game first on a console, then on PC - starting with my first Elder Scrolls game Morrowind which I played on the original Xbox. Same with Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim. I guess the only exception was Elder Scrolls online but eh
I already own it on both PC and Playstation 4 also

It's also how I kinda force myself to play the main game before diving in and going crazy with mods, which is typically what I do on the PC for these games.

Spyware

I always play Bethesda games for about 40-50 hours immediately after release. I don't play the story and often not the bigger side quests either. I just check out the world a bunch so I know what I want to mod later. ...Then I wait a couple of years for the best mods ^^

Sch1sm

What?! No! I gotta go to sleep! WHY ARE YOU SO CRUEL, WARUDO?!

Sleep is for the weak when you can find out all the things you did wrong last episode.

I'm still waiting for episode 5 before I install the game, honestly.

I forgive you. Mostly because it would have sat in my backlog -- but at that price, it's almost a justifiable +1 I'd eventually install.

jshackles, pls. If you were getting collectors, I could understand.

It's also... I don't know - tradition. I guess.

I think I've played every Fallout and Elder Scrolls game first on a console, then on PC - starting with my first Elder Scrolls game Morrowind which I played on the original Xbox. Same with Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and Skyrim. I guess the only exception was Elder Scrolls online but eh
I already own it on both PC and Playstation 4 also

It's also how I kinda force myself to play the main game before diving in and going crazy with mods, which is typically what I do on the PC for these games.

to be fair ive done the same with ES and FO too ;p

FO4 may be my first PC first this time

jshackles

...Why would you do this to yourself?

How do you justify that though?

I love the series and know for a fact I'll be playing through the game multiple times. There are very few games that I pay full price for (well, this one had a small Prime-only discount so it actually came to $52, but still) and Fallout and Elder Scrolls games are in that category. I also know for a fact I'm buying it twice so that I can play on the PS4 and PC, and I'm worried about the PC release because my rig is really starting to show it's age.

Given my history with the series, I'm anticipating playing this game for 100+ hours in the first few months it's out. So for me, that's easily worth the purchase.

derExperte

Remote play is a plus when getting a ps4 game.

Nothing like playing a fallout game on the pooper

I tried remote play and filed it under 'overrated', after about half a minute I missed the bigger screen when playing games not designed for that and no matter how small, I'll notice the delay. I also don't want poop particles on my electronic devices.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Sorry SteamGAF

For the PC version that you'll buy later, you should just wait until the ultimate edition is released and goes on sale. Even more mods will exist by then, and fan patches to fix the bugs left in by Bethesda will be available too.

jshackles

For the PC version that you'll buy later, you should just wait until the ultimate edition is released and goes on sale. Even more mods will exist by then, and fan patches to fix the bugs left in by Bethesda will be available too.

It really just depends on what mods come out and whether I can help myself or not. I might also have to buy a new PC first, so there's that. But I agree that Bethesda's track record for DLC on Steam has not been very good.

I tried remote play and filed it under 'overrated', after about half a minute I missed the bigger screen when playing games not designed for that and no matter how small, I'll notice the delay. I also don't want poop particles on my electronic devices.

Too late, poop is already on everything.

Trine is pretty fun with local co-op. I haven't played the game at all before though.
I think local co-op is my new favorite thing right now. Made me remember my childhood gaming days. I'm really looking forward to Zestiria.

Nzyme32

Sorry SteamGAF

image1.jpg

In all seriousness though, you may not need to bother since the ability to get some mods should be available for the consoles eventually. It's just a question of whether the good ones are there or if there are enough.

Shantom

Super vague Life is Strange ep 4 spoilers:
Holy shit, that first big choice of the episode. I really don't know what to do. I've actually quit the game for tonight to think on it. It certainly beats Telltale in this department.

Sorry SteamGAF

I am totally fine with your decision but it's just especially with Fallout, do you feel comfortable with a controller? Always feel menu/inventory heavy games like that feel better with kb/m. But to be honest I don't know how former Fallouts have fared in that aspect.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I am totally fine with your decision but it's just especially with Fallout, do you feel comfortable with a controller? Always feel menu/inventory heavy games like that feel better with kb/m. But to be honest I don't know how former Fallouts have fared in that aspect.

They've made the UI very console friendly in their last games(and letting the PC have this really shitty inventory system because of it, skyui is like necessary for skyrim PC)

New for fallout 4 is using the buttons (triangle, circle and such) as what you choose the dialouge with, like mass effect dialogue choices(Which is one of the biggest things I want a mod for, god I hate that system)

Admodieus

I actually prefer inventory management in Fallout 3/New Vegas with a controller. I plan on playing Fallout 4 in Big Picture Mode with a controller hooked up to my PC.

def sim

The last gen Fallout games didn't run particularly well on consoles at the time of their release. Maybe that might change, but I don't think I'll be going that route unless the PC release is relatively poor or it has a terrible new client attached to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom