• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
i put my display name under "Steam Name" and the put a link to my profile under "comments" but i've never been picked to beta test any of their games

:\

In my (limited) experience with beta testing, I almost always email the developer directly, give my system stats and my previous experience (for instance, in this message, I referenced my previous testing on WOTS4), and finish by thanking them for their time. It's worked pretty well for me so far.

That being said, I applied for both Fairy Fencer and Rebirth 2 and didn't get in, so maybe it's just a much larger pool of people.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Is Grand theft auto V worth it for 40€?

Thinking about buying it when it pops up in this weeks midweek sale.

Asgaro

Sorry SteamGAF

I plan on playing it on console at release, then I'll repurchase on PC when it gets good mods a few months down the line.

NOOOO :(

Jshackles, release yourself from your SHACKLES and be freee!

brb. jumping to my death.

oZgK1kj.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I had no idea there was a Dead Rising movie...

It also stars Rob Riggle as Frank West. So weird.

Deitus

The Dead Rising movie was fairly decent as far as being true to the source material. I was definitely surprised, as I was expecting either a generic zombie movie cashing in on a popular license, or a film that completely misinterpreted the actual draw of the games. But they pretty much nailed it. It has the mix of B-movie plot, government conspiracies, and over the top zombie slaying mixed with goofiness that you would expect from the series. Actually, it felt a lot more true to the tone of the games than DR3 did. There isn't really much in the way of psychopaths though, outside of a murderous biker gang though.

For what little he was in the movie, Frank West was much more of a douche and a cartoon character than the first game, but pretty much in line with his appearance in the sequels. He was entertaining, and Rob Riggle was well cast for how that character was portrayed in the movie.

Unfortunately, where the movie fails is that it is a movie and not a game. So instead it's just 2 hours of Dead Rising story, which is really not what you come to those games for.

I know I said I'd wait for all five episodes to be released... but now I'll just settle for a sale.

VALVE PUT LIFE IS STRANGE ON SALE RIGHT NOW

aP9m9ya.gif

rtcn63

I am failing to grasp the joke here, but maybe that's for the best.

Milamber is normally dead inside, except when he's playing a hentai game or thinking about hentai games or trying to forget that his entire desktop is filled with icons for hentai games.

Buraindo

Finally managed to finish Dawnguard, after spending quite some time messing with mods and stuff.
I have to say the first hours were less than stellar. I may not be Skyrim's biggest fan to boot but good grief the
Soul Cairn
was absolutely awful. A true nightmare to navigate and incredibly dull to look at.
They also managed to still have a "only you can do this thing" moment when there was really no need to and the context in which it's used makes it more annoying than ever.
Thankfully, the later areas were much better and the new lore was far more interesting than I expected. Shame the side quests were mostly boring and unremarkable.
I'd say that
Gelebor
, the Forgotten Vale and the
fight with Voslaarum and Naaslaarum
were the high points of Dawnguard for me.
Could've been worse.

Time to revisit Solstheim.

Tizoc

Left my lappy to dl Life is Strange, if the new ep. is that whack from the get go, then I'm gonna hate beating it since then I'd have to wait 2 months for the final ep. T.T

jshackles, Pride of Oregon, how do you rate this new ep. of LiS?

Speaking of episodic games, has anyone played Blues and Bullets? User reviews are almost 100% positive and I like the art style.

header.jpg

PnC GAF also praised it. I'm trying to find the 5 ep. pack for cheap though =x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom