• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Life is Strange Episode 4 available now!

om3vGDQ.png

What skin is that?

Volimar

Guys quit making me want to play ESO again before they've added native controller support.

The last gen Fallout games didn't run particularly well on consoles at the time of their release. Maybe that might change, but I don't think I'll be going that route unless the PC release is relatively poor or it has a terrible new client attached to it.

Really? Other than a few lolworthy bugs both Fallout 3 and New Vegas ran pretty well on 360 for me.

def sim

Really? Other than a few lolworthy bugs both Fallout 3 and New Vegas ran pretty well on 360 for me.

Relative to the PC version, yeah. I played both on 360 and found the framerate to be spotty. New Vegas, especially, consistently hardlocked on me after an hour or so of play time.

I played the first level of Rise of the Triad and didnt exactly understand the gameplay. It felt like some kind of survival game where, after you killed enough people in one room, can go to the next room.

I am totally fine with your decision but it's just especially with Fallout, do you feel comfortable with a controller? Always feel menu/inventory heavy games like that feel better with kb/m. But to be honest I don't know how former Fallouts have fared in that aspect.

Fallout 4, like Fallout: NV and Fallout 3 before it, is designed for the console gaming audience, regardless of where the series "roots" are. Fallout 3 controlled fine on 360 (I put more than enough time into it 100%'ing both the main game and all 5 DLCs), Fallout NV controls fine in my experience on PC, and I'm sure Fallout 4 will continue this tradition.

Volimar

I've probably bought Fallout 3 3 or 4 times now, and New Vegas at least twice.

Relative to the PC version, yeah. I played both on 360 and found the framerate to be spotty. New Vegas, especially, consistently hardlocked on me after an hour or so of play time.

I haven't played Skyrim on any platform, yet.

Oh, you probably got me there. I came from consoles so I never paid that much attention to framerates unless it got really choppy.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Half-Life 3 Follow-Up: Valve Writer Responds? - The Know

Pretty much them just saying that nothing is substantial at all about the games status.
Also a little stuff about how Marc and Valve goes through with scriipt and story and such.

My thought about these guys and their show the know -
Still dislike these guys and their "leaking" of stuff, mostly because most of it feel like they are baiting and doing a lot to get our clicks, for someone to show it off as a fact I want them to at least have more than one source, please.

def sim

I should get started on Life is Strange so I can get the Warren thing.

Oh, you probably got me there. I came from consoles so I never paid that much attention to framerates unless it got really choppy.

Fair enough. They were absolutely playable versions, for what that's worth.

They've made the UI very console friendly in their last games(and letting the PC have this really shitty inventory system because of it, skyui is like necessary for skyrim PC)

New for fallout 4 is using the buttons (triangle, circle and such) as what you choose the dialouge with, like mass effect dialogue choices(Which is one of the biggest things I want a mod for, god I hate that system)
I actually prefer inventory management in Fallout 3/New Vegas with a controller. I plan on playing Fallout 4 in Big Picture Mode with a controller hooked up to my PC.
Fallout 4, like Fallout: NV and Fallout 3 before it, is designed for the console gaming audience, regardless of where the series "roots" are. Fallout 3 controlled fine on 360 (I put more than enough time into it 100%'ing both the main game and all 5 DLCs), Fallout NV controls fine in my experience on PC, and I'm sure Fallout 4 will continue this tradition.

That's good to hear then!

Dsyndrome

I envy y'all getting LiS today, my console ass has to wait until PSN updates tomorrow.

I don't even want to think of what shit just went down in Episode 4 to elicit your reactions.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I played the first level of Rise of the Triad and didn't exactly understand the gameplay. It felt like some kind of survival game where, after you killed enough people in one room, can go to the next room.

That's a pretty apt description of the weird sub-genre it shares with Serious Sam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom