• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soulflarz

Banned
Oh yeah I guess I should nag you guys for downsampling infos/if I should be doing it consistently seeing as I bought a GTX980+i7 4790k and im only using a 1080p 60hz monitor >_>

Yeah, that ending was something else alright. The wait for e5 is going to be excruciating. I doubt it will happen but I hope Dontnod can get it out in a more timely manner than e4. If e5 keeps this quality up LiS is probably gonna be at the top of my list at the end of the year.
People kept saying that the whole time, but after 4 episodes, I can say that I believe in Dontnod, they can deliver.

No matter what I do Nvidia DSR doesn't work for me (somehow it switches refresh rate above 60Hz and my monitor just says Out of Range)
We need more info.

G81AlUz.png

Does this suggest that there's an issue with my HDD instead of my connection? Whenever anything is downloading on Steam recently, its ludicrously slow, and it slows all other internet-related activity to a crawl on the PC, while it remains fast on other devices connected to the same network.

ezodagrom

4 GB of RAM for a VN?! Also, how do you betatest a VN anyway? Doesn't seem like a genre that would work with a betatest. :p
Those requirements are for Toukiden Kiwami, not for Amnesia.

Amnesia requirements:
Minimum Running Requirements:
CPU: Core 2 Duo (or similar)
Memory: 1G
HDD: 3G

Recommended PC Specs:
CPU: Core i3 (or similar)
Memory: 2G
HDD: 3G
Graphics: 1920 x 720

Lain

They all have a little something that has me interested. Especially Zombie Playground. That customization at the start seemed quite cool and the gameplay also looks fun.

4 GB of RAM for a VN?! Also, how do you betatest a VN anyway? Doesn't seem like a genre that would work with a betatest. :p

Let's see what one of the people that worked on Starless tested about the game:

We're working on improving testing and QC (I pretty much spent weeks on checking for stray mosaics and random glitches, and we still had a few left over. We're going to be recruiting more testers soon. Playing the game about 200-300 times over i had the text on skip for the most part, so trusting the translation and also trusting that the script splicer didn't screw anything up wasn't the best choice in retrospect.

200-300 completed storylines so each ending = 1 completion. so 10 endings = played each route 20-30 times (I'd have 200-300 "keys" not full completions X,x). It was mostly because there are so many art layers, when then we change one it doesn't mean the scene has change, it means that 1 has changed... e.g. the bathtub scene i watched 20-40 times making sure all the balls were "good". That and some mosaics were cut up for god knows what reason. so taking out the biggest of mosaic layers leaves a thin 2-3 pixel line that i might have missed somewhere. There were some transition errors, and script errors that I happen across when I scroll from the history to check on the scene (which we mostly fixed). But obviously i didn't get a chance to full read through the whole script. I was mainly concerned with "did we miss some graphic element" "are the cut parts cut properly" <- didn't want a pig popping in out of nowhere...

tldr - found new stuff to fix each time i played, so checking each route took 20 something tries - dick and ball mosaics are the worst...

We've started a more aggressive timeline and with that we're also working on a better process for QC. LWR came out beautifully and Raidy had no QC problems that I know of. I'm getting through Shiny and most of the things I've found are relatively minor (though playing at 32x for more then x Scenes or skipping too much will crash it, because too much data - just like SD and a few others :/) Every game is a different situation.

Now, aside from the fact that we don't need to check for left over mosaics, a VN can still suffer from glitches, crashes, not working on certain hardware configurations and have other various problems. Starless, aside from a lot of typos, for example, still had some mosaics left in and zoomed in art or characters in the wrong places.

Arthea

life is strange everywhere.jpg

I'm afraid that after all hype of LiS in this thread, when I'll get around finally playing it, it can't possibly live up to its reputation here, no game could.

I'm afraid that after all hype of LiS in this thread, when I'll get around finally playing it, it won't be able to live up to its reputation here, no game could.

I don't know, it's reeaaallllyyy good. Even ignoring the hype, playing the episodes and getting invested in the characters will still give you the same "oh shit" moments that us people in the now are experiencing.

milena87

I'm afraid that after all hype of LiS in this thread, when I'll get around finally playing it, it can't possibly live up to its reputation here, no game could.

Play it now and suffer with the rest of us.

It's the right choice.

I honestly think some of the waiting and speculation between episodes of LiS really adds something to the experience, it's let's the stuff sink in a little more and the anticipation for the next episode gets crazy in the weeks leading up to release, and having all these people to talk and vent to about the crazy shit that happens is really fun.

Arthea

I applied for Amnesia beta too, I really want in... that's why it's not gonna happen again.

Also I'm very tempted by the Royal Trap discount, but I can't lemme slip now, I have to stick to the master plan.

I assume nobody is writing about Celestian Tales for August thread? I'm about to do that, please, tell me if you do.

Play it now and suffer with the rest of us.

It's the right choice.

I'm not big on suffering.

Knurek

You heard it first here, folks.

Humble Jumbo Bundle 4 week 2 additions will be (*check his recent purchase list*) Broken Age, Tron 2.0 and Pinball Arcade S1.

Arthea

kinda good news about Trails SC
We haven't actually pushed back the release at all for quite a while. We are indeed still aiming for summer, and we're pretty well on track.

They don't specify which year, but let's not be overly sarcastic and believe it's this summer.

edited: as there is only one month of summer left, it could come in August finally.

Knurek

They don't specify which year, but let's not be overly sarcastic and believe it's this summer.

edited: as there is only one month of summer left, it could come in August finally.

Not sure about your country, but here summer ends on 22.09 (equinox).

ArjanN

I honestly think some of the waiting and speculation between episodes of LiS really adds something to the experience, it's let's the stuff sink in a little more and the anticipation for the next episode gets crazy in the weeks leading up to release, and having all these people to talk and vent to about the crazy shit that happens is really fun.

I felt the same about several of the other episodic games, like Walking Dead and Resident Evil Revelations 2.

I mean, sure, there are cases where it takes a little too long, but when done well it actually adds to the experience IMO.

wilflare

eh anyone got the opportunity to work with a developer Steam account or something?
(or can we apply for this anywhere?)

curious to see how it looks like (and how it works differently from a usual steam account or something)

Tizoc

No Dargon Quest XI for PC.
Why, Square Enix, why?!

UE4, why not fucking port it as well?
0gyMXJo.gif

Cuz some Japanese devs are backwards and mostly care about their Japanese sales.
Maybe Western release will be PC, but that's something you might want to torture some of these S-E heads to accept so it goes through :p

Arthea

Why, Square Enix, why?!

http://i.imgur.com/0gyMXJo.gif[/IMG[/QUOTE]

aww, I want it on PC... no chances, tho, as far as SE is concerned DQ is not westerncentric, but it totally would do nicely if it looks so great and has big world to explore and copyrighted DQ quests to go with it.

[quote="abracadaver, post: 173194785"]Where do you apply?[/QUOTE]
keep in mind it's Amnesia VN by IF and not other amnesia
[url]http://bit.ly/amnesia_beta[/url]

[quote="Knurek, post: 173196069"]I wonder if few years down the line Dr Dogg or whoever will bitch and moan about UE4 and it's bad... dunno, anti-aliasing? GPU usage?
UE3 was also [b]loved[/b] back when PS360 gen started, wasn't it?[/QUOTE]

UE3 at the start of last gen was pretty great actually, well maybe not great, but some games looked good, they don't look as good now, unfortunately and hair problem got much worse with years. If I could ignore it back then, now I just can't not see it.

Knurek

I'm not much on Dragon Ball Z games but that looks damn nice, UE4 is a great engine.

I wonder if few years down the line Dr Dogg or whoever will bitch and moan about UE4 and it's bad... dunno, anti-aliasing? GPU usage?
UE3 was also loved back when PS360 gen started, wasn't it?

Lain

Why, Square Enix, why?!

0gyMXJo.gif

No PC version for a series that usually sells bad in the west and whose PC release would be mainly made for the west (though it could be argued that console versions are nowadays made mainly for the west too lol)? I'm not surprised.

Knurek

No PC version for a series that usually sells bad in the USA and amazingly in Europe and whose PC release would be mainly made for the Europe where Steam is as strong as consoles if not stronger? Japanese management at its finest.

FTFY

Tizoc

I'm guessing they'll announce PC version at the same time as the western release announcement of PS4/NX.
They haven't even announced it for the west yet.

Before being banned Verendus posted that all DQ games releasing on Sony systems would get localized.
Gamescom is soon and we got PSX in 2015, let's see what the future holds.

lol

End of August #believe!

Seems like episode 4 gets even crazier, huh. I'll start it in a bit!

Kaleinc

Banned
I wonder if few years down the line Dr Dogg or whoever will bitch and moan about UE4 and it's bad... dunno, anti-aliasing? GPU usage?
UE3 was also loved back when PS360 gen started, wasn't it?
To be honest UE3 sucks and I don't think it changes in 4.

Ban Puncher

In three hours time it will be midnight here.

Which is my birthday.

SO HERE IS SOME FREE SHIT YO

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

tSosaRZ.png

Mystery Gift 1 -- MB-A86C6BB5A1BD6381 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Mystery Gift 3 -- MB-8982A44A555FD87C - Taken by MMBosstones86. 4 entrants total.
Mystery Gift 2 -- MB-2C13FADF56FAAC4E - Taken by Mr. Doop. 7 entrants total.

t1438091969z1.png

Three mystery prizes. One is a copy of Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. The other two are Bad Rats Super Hipster Lumberjack.

SPIN THAT WHEEL

Chariot

In three hours time it will be midnight here.

Which is my birthday.

SO HERE IS SOME FREE SHIT YO

Three mystery prizes. One is a copy of Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. The other two are Bad Rats Super Hipster Lumberjack.

SPIN THAT WHEEL
Yay! I don't even want that game. If I win I swap with one of the Bad Rats guys. I am just jere for the gambling.

I congratulate in three hours. Too early is bad luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom