• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like there is some fun stuff happening with Alien Isolation on SteamDB. Something I assumed code named "Necronomicon", previously "Nothing to See Here", as well as Linux support and possible Steam Controller support.

Interesting. There were no hints of Linux versions before, right?

Jawmuncher

In three hours time it will be midnight here.

Which is my birthday.

SO HERE IS SOME FREE SHIT YO

Three mystery prizes. One is a copy of Guilty Gear X2 #Reload. The other two are Bad Rats Super Hipster Lumberjack.

SPIN THAT WHEEL

28120-20anime20animu2a3swd.jpg

happy birthday

Grief.exe

Hooooley Shit!!!!

11760198_993248117361981_3853328570914868073_n.png

I've never played this series before, will have to check it out.

Why did Mafia I get removed from Steam? Music license issue I'm guessing.

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD for PC launches August 18

Additions to the PC version include:
Improved in-game battle camera
Scalable motion blur settings
Customizable dynamic screen shot mode
Upgraded graphics resolution options for high-end PCs
Increased blood levels
New character speed boosts
Full controller support
Full Steam achievements and trading cards

Users who pre-order the game on Steam will receive the Master Chocobo as your courier and Moogle (Class Zero) as your ward in DOTA 2, plus an exclusive Final Fantasy Type-0 HD loading screen

That's huge, we assumed it wouldn't be for a few more months. Relatively to other Square releases, this is just behind the console release.

Bodes well for FFXV, Kingdom Hearts, and, hopefully, the newly announced DQXI.

We all have our fingers crossed for a good port, especially Jshacks.

Maybe Lightning Returns will actually be a good port.

We can hope Square Japan and Tecmo turn a new leaf at one point.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
Does anyone have any recommendations for space exploration games? I want something with less of an emphasis on combat (although it doesn't necessarily have to exclude it), but that has a focus on discovering new worlds/races etc?

I'm aware of EVE Online and Star Trek Online, but I'm looking for something less MMO-like. I feel I may end up waiting for No Man's Sky to be released.

Jawmuncher

Mafia 2 was pretty awful gameplay wise because they took out what would be the side-missions in a GTA type of game and sold it as DLC.

Does that really make the gameplay "awful" though? I thought it was pretty good with what was there. It was pretty much a linear sand box game with how the missions were designed which I had no problem with.

derExperte

Surprised at the enthusiasm for Mafia 3, thought 2 got middling reviews? I admit I've not played it though.

There aren't any other open world games in that setting, modern day has become boring imo so it'll be a welcome change of scenery. And what was there in M2 was very good, it's just not GTA, you play through the main missions, the end. And if you're interested and just not playing because some scores weren't 8s or 9s you're making a mistake imo. Also it looked and probably still looks great.

Xanathus

Does that really make the gameplay "awful" though? I thought it was pretty good with what was there. It was pretty much a linear sand box game with how the missions were designed which I had no problem with.

It's acceptable if you bought it at a huge discount like $5 but would you really be happy with the base product for $60?

Ventara

I'm looking forward to Mafia 3 as well. I really enjoyed 2, as I found the story interesting and the setting was unique to me (only other game with a similar setting that I'd played was LA Noire, also fantastic). Gameplay was fun as far as I recall.

gurm3n

Neo Member
Does anyone have any recommendations for space exploration games? I want something with less of an emphasis on combat (although it doesn't necessarily have to exclude it), but that has a focus on discovering new worlds/races etc?

I'm aware of EVE Online and Star Trek Online, but I'm looking for something less MMO-like. I feel I may end up waiting for No Man's Sky to be released.

I'm subscribing to your petition, I would really enjoy that kind of game. I always thought of an Anno-like game set in space, and since most of Anno's mechanics could be converted to the space setting, I can't understand why it hasn't been done. I know, by the way, that the new Anno game is coming, but as far as I know it's set on the moon, which is kind of the same but with spacesuits.

Ban Puncher

zt06sN2.gif

Okay, now it is officially my birthday. You may now proceed to heap adoration upon me.

Congratulations to the Magical Mystery Raffle Winners!! - S1n1st3r and Mr. Doop who won a copy of Super Hipster Lumberjack each and MMBosstones86 for taking out the Guilty Gear X2 #Reload major mystery prize. PM me on Steam for your super sexy software.

Enjoy your presents that I had to shell out for on my own birthday. The losers can enjoy the always popular on SteamGAF anime jifs.

Time to eat motherfucking delicious cake all day long, yo.

Sb3ph4J.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wonder if the reason
jshackles hasn't posted in this thread yet
is because he's still trying to recover
from the shock of LiS ep. 4

More like - trying to avoid spoilers!

I had to do dishes last night for almost 2 hours. The kids (both teenagers) are home from school for the summer and have been making an absolute mess of things - more than usual. My wife was honestly in tears when she saw the kitchen had been cleaned.

So I only got to play for about an hour last night. So I'm probably going to have to stay away from here until tonight when I can finish it up.

Grief.exe

I wonder if the delay with Lightning Returns is Square reporting the engine, then backporting the improvements to XIII and XIII-2.

We can hope. The framerate essentially locking to 30 is terrible.

Pachimari

I need all the Final Fantasy I can get on PC. Bring on Type-0 HD! And Lightning Returns... :(

Rollercoaster Tycoon World also seems to shape up very nicely!

Parsnip

It's not only Dishonored, every game i tied same results Out of Range. I tried before i did Windows 8.1 clean install and after same results. I am connected with VGA over DVI-I Adapter i think. And first i thought that was an issue that is why i didn't tried GeDoSaTo before. I thought if DSR doesn't work nothing will work. And on my surprise GeDo works without any issues.
Still might be worth a shot to try without the adapter, if you can. Even just temporarily. Adapters can be weird, is my experience.

Nice. I don't play Dota but those items are neat.
I think I may have to pre-order this.
Also the specs don't seem too crazy, GTX750 for recommended.
Also, interesting that there's H.264 in the specs. I guess we can finally say goodbye to bink.

Dr Dogg

*creeps in* Has the LiS spoiler tag party stopped yet? Oh good hopefully I can survive a couple more hours until I get my hands on it.

Ooooh nice. Speaking of the store page has updated with this.

From FF Type-0 Storepage said:
Pre-Purchase Offer
Key_visual_FIXED.png

Pre-purchase FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD and receive the Master Chocobo as your courier and Moogle (Class Zero) as your ward in DOTA 2, plus an exclusive FINAL FANTASY TYPE-0 HD loading screen.
Also, if you pre-purchase now you’ll receive a 10% discount!
PRE-PURCHASE STARTS 9am PDT / 5pm BST 28th July 2015

10% off what though Squennix? Guess we'll find out in just over an hour.

liezryou

Still might be worth a shot to try without the adapter, if you can. Even just temporarily. Adapters can be weird, is my experience.

Nice. I don't play Dota but those items are neat.
I think I may have to pre-order this.
Also the specs don't seem too crazy, GTX750 for recommended.
Also, interesting that there's H.264 in the specs. I guess we can finally say goodbye to bink.

Yeah i really hope they lose the trend of making all new dota 2 items untradeable. I know there will be a ton of people who don't play dota buying this and hopefully i'll be able to collect a chocobo army!

Deitus

Happy Birthday Man Puncher!

Do you guys think we'll see Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD on Steam?
Or should one invest in the PS4 version hmm.

No, I don't think those will come to PC.

Type 0 HD was already a multiplatform game, so it coming to PC was not entirely surprising. We've had evidence it was coming to PC since the HD remaster was announced.

FFX and FFX-2 have been released on 4 platforms, all of which are owned by Sony. I don't know exactly what the deal between Sony and Square is for those games, but if they were going to come to non-Sony platforms, it probably would have happened already. Maybe there's a chance in 10 years when they remaster them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom