• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

We've all seen the Squeenix pricing model and some have even experienced it. Release game at full price, discount it 3 months later at 30% for older stuff 25% for new releases, in 6 months 50% off for both new and older releases and finally after 9 months 75% for Squeenidos titles (Tomb Raider, Hitman, Deus Ex). Final Fantasy normally peaks at 50% off but sometimes they get a base price drop like XIV has so the savings do get bigger.

mainline FF games sometimes get -50% discount these days, I'll give you that, sometimes even in a year after release.... if they are PC ports of prehistoric games.

zkylon

zkylewd
The III is too close to the MAFIA.

That's what I thought, I swore most people thought Mafia 2 was crap. Now everyone is clamoring about how much they liked it.

mafia 2 was really nice to look at and nailed the music and atmosphere and all that stuff but it was super boring to play and had such terrible pacing with nothing to do in the "free roaming" sections and then timeskips montages that looked more fun than the actual game and vito's (or however u were called) friend looking like a way more interesting character than vito

i liked mafia 1 a lot back in the day tho, so still excited for 3

just hope it's not crap

In any case, guys, don't fall for 50€ regarding this. It's simply not worth that price, imho

I'm still pissed over the way it was brought over, so you don't have to worry about me falling for anything.

i mean, getting a moogles and chocobos in doto is like really neat

Rick and Morty/Mr. Meeseeks is even better.

The digital PS4 version is €70 in euroland though.

I might die of laughter if it ends up being €70 in euroland on steam.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I thought that the dialogue in LiS Ep. 4 was some of the worst yet, but they keep nailing the story.

For the first time since I started playing LiS, I feel like Episode 4 truly had watered down dialog which hurt the impact of some sequences. There were entire conversations that felt forced and robotic in both word choice and delivery, almost as though the characters themselves were being forced to say things simply because plot demanded it to. There were way too many hammed up moments at the
party
that made me start re-writing entire chunks of dialog in my head instead of paying attention.

But the story more than makes up for those weaknesses, so even if Episode 4 has the weakest writing, it's still a head above Telltale in my opinion.

GaussTek

Size 5.94GB
Size on Disk 4.41GB

I saw that for some it goes over 6GB (probably depending on drivers).

Hos did you know it was already pre-loaded? Did you receive a notification or something? (I just want to keep an eye on it, as I will also wait at least a couple of months before install it xD).

zkylon

zkylewd
I have no idea tbh. Didn't care much for dota 2.

as for league, think of it like balance patches

lore keeps getting balanced and reworked :>

fanfiction gave us synchan x zed, vi x cait and tons of ori and blitz sad stories so who cares about official lore

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
$26.99 after pre-purchase discount. Color me surprised.

dex3108

Hos did you know it was already pre-loaded? Did you receive a notification or something? (I just want to keep an eye on it, as I will also wait at least a couple of months before install it xD).

$Windows.~BT folder on my disk is same size and same file count for hours so i guess it is pre-loaded :D

4joI7p8.png

Legit surprised. Would have thought 30-40. Good showing Squeenix. Good showing.

Arthea

€25, not bad.
Even has slightly lower pricing for € tier 2.
That's such a relief, thanks SE.

you are wrong about that, tho, price is the same for both EU regions

edited: so, lemme double check, if I buy it at SE store (if they will sell it with the same discount), SE gets more money, am I right?

Parsnip

In your face doubters. :p

That's such a relief, thanks SE.

you are wrong about that, tho, price is the same for both EU regions

It was different for a moment, before the -10% pre-order kicked in. Possibly the tier 2 had the discount, but my own tier 1 wasn't showing it yet.

dex3108

Another Episodic game that got nice Steam Reviews and positive "preview" fom TB.

Eliot Ness, the former leader of the legendary Untouchables, wished only to spend the rest of his days working in his diner, not dwelling too much on the cesspit of corruption his city, Santa Esperanza, had degenerated into. But things rarely go as planned.

Dr Dogg

Now the question is who's doing the Type-0 recommendation for next months OP? I would but I normally go overboard with the info gathering and ruin half the story, even more so on late ports.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Even though I have enough in my Steam wallet for Type-0, I think I'm going to hold off (and continue saving for Tales of Zestiria).

I have the PS4 version, didn't like the game much, and my graphics card just barely meets the minimum requirements.

Will probably buy when it's 50% off and I have a new PC.

Now the question is who's doing the Type-0 recommendation for next months OP? I would but I normally go overboard with the info gathering and ruin half the story, even more so on late ports.

I got this.

Dr Dogg

I got this.

Cool look forward to it. If Aviary Attorney gets a release date in the coming days/weeks I'll fire something your way. Was supposed to be June but no Kickstarter releases on time so was maybe going to be the end of this month (they've been tweeting stuff like Steam chieveo's so work is still on going) but I'm guessing it will be a bit later now.

GaussTek

$Windows.~BT folder on my disk is same size and same file count for hours so i guess it is pre-loaded :D

Nice, will keep an eye on it. Thanks!! :D

About Type-0... daamn, it's about $15 on the mexican store. MUST RESIST.

BTW, aren't those requirements kinda high FOR A FOUR YEAR OLD PSP GAME?? :p

Arthea

That's kinda funny SE store still doesn't sell FF0 PC, oh well, their loss, buying on steam then, in case they change their mind about that price.

Nice, will keep an eye on it. Thanks!! :D

About Type-0... daamn, it's about $15 on the mexican store. MUST RESIST.

BTW, aren't those requirements kinda high FOR A FOUR YEAR OLD PSP GAME?? :p

it's no straight PSP port, tho, it has HD hanging there for the reason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom