• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Type 0 was coming out in October. That said I will still wait a bit since I don't trust PC ports by Japanese devs still. Or rather I am apprehensive about it.

Was really confused about the exclusive loading screen before I came here and saw people talking about Dota craziness.

Type 0 is a good game, very much worth the price. Buy in droves so we get XV :p

you can disagree, opinions and all that, but how you cannot stand that writing and translation? both are superb, that alone makes you opinion very questionable, you know.

And it is an awesome game.

You understand how opinions work, right? :p

Yep. Definitely the answer. :p

Hey now, that's not true.
Things can give me "feels" if they're handled properly and well-done.
To the Moon, for example, was great.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So I've had an overwhelming response for recommendations for next month's thread, thanks everyone who is already contributing. Here's what we've got:
  • Armikrog - Dog Problems
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - jshackles
  • Close Your Eyes - Dusk Golem
  • Satellite Reign - Uzzy
  • Celestian Tales: Old North - Arthea
  • Shadowrun: Hong Kong - Uzzy
  • Volume - AHA-Lambda
  • One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3 - Tizoc
  • Submerged - MakeshiftChef
and for "You May Have Missed":
  • Way of the Samurai 4 - Kurt Russell
  • King's Quest - jshackles
  • Contradiction: Spot The Liar! - Dsyndrome
If there is anything else releasing on Steam next month that anyone would like to recommend, please drop me a PM. The only one I can think of off the top of my head is the new Overlord game, but I'm sure there are others as well.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
okNvP6Q.jpg

Withstand: Apotheosis

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I remember enjoying Watch_Dogs until the ground disappeared under me and left me to die in an endless void while the citizens of Chicago cared not for my suffering. Which may be realistic, but I found rather annoying and none of my saves were before the ground gave way.

Jazz573

well, I do, but writing and translation are good, that's no matter of opinion, well, writing kinda is, gaf proves it all the time, but translation? What's wrong with it?

Reminds me of the VN community, calling translations shit because they're not absolutely perfect, or complaining that it doesn't capture the author's intent, when they can't even speak Japanese to begin with, to even know that. :p

Knurek

All of you people preordering Type-0 obviously forgot FFXIII, FFXIII-2, FFIV and FFIV The After Years.

Well, good luck to you all.

Teggy

I forgot Never Alone DLC was out today. Anyone buying it? I liked the game enough but I'm not feeling the need to pick it up even at $3.60.

well, I do, but writing and translation are good, that's no matter of opinion, well, writing kinda is, gaf proves it all the time, but translation? What's wrong with it?

I was just speaking in general about the text based-stuff in the game... writing, tone, dialogue -- when I said translation, I really meant more "localization" and less "literal translation"... though I'm not sure if the original Japanese game had stuff like this groan-worthy gem zyklon shared:

Jazz573

All of you people preordering Type-0 obviously forgot FFXIII, FFXIII-2, FFIV and FFIV The After Years.

I bought FFXIII for PS3 years back and then I bought it again when it came to PC. I have XIii-2 on PS3. I also have FFIV Complete Collection for PSP which includes both games. I really don't feel like buying all of that again. :p

Jazz573

I was just speaking in general about the stuff in the game... writing, tone, dialogue... though I'm not sure if the original Japanese game had stuff like this groan-worthy gem zyklon shared:

Nope. That's pretty funny. Also, no, those chest messages were all added by Xseed. I believe the original just said it was empty.

You are implying I even pre-order games anymore.

Last time I pre-ordered was KoF 98 and 2002 UM and only a day before they came out after I found out the beta was okay.

Otherwise no.

Does anyone have any recommendations for space exploration games? I want something with less of an emphasis on combat (although it doesn't necessarily have to exclude it), but that has a focus on discovering new worlds/races etc?

I'm aware of EVE Online and Star Trek Online, but I'm looking for something less MMO-like. I feel I may end up waiting for No Man's Sky to be released.

Elite: Dangerous. You can almost completely avoid combat if you so choose, and instead focus on exploration, mining, and trading. Note that you can't land on planets at the moment, so you're really restricted to space proper (and space stations). It's very pretty, and the sound design is probably the best of any space sim i've played.

You can basically play it solo, or team up in a wing with your friends and play in a massively multiplayer world too if that's more your speed. It's very, very open-ended, though, so if you want game-provided direction, goals, or plot, Elite is going to come up short.

It actually plays really, really well with a controller too. I almost prefer using a controller to my HOTAS set-up, but the extra immersion factor of the HOTAS keeps me on the sticks.

Arthea

I was just speaking in general about the text based-stuff in the game... writing, tone, dialogue -- when I said translation, I really meant more "localization" and less "literal translation"... though I'm not sure if the original Japanese game had stuff like this groan-worthy gem zyklon shared:

but it's funny...
I don't understand you and I'm not sure I want to.

Dr Dogg

Wait so that Amazon Prime Air thing is actually real and not some crazy April Fools type affair? I don't know how I'd feel having my stuff delivered by a drone.

Nice price for Type-0

.....anywhere have it better yet?

I reckon GMG will get it eventually. They have with every FF game on Steam so far.

on the train ride home i started to think of fallout 4 and got sad that they're copying bioware who in my honest opinion is an average studio at best. is it weird i just randomly started to think of that? i think it is...

Also btw everyone, type 0 is a decent game but has a dumb ass story, the story is straight up butt.

ExoSoul

Banned

Yeah, omae wa mou shinderu inside.

Jawmuncher

on the train ride home i started to think of fallout 4 and got sad that they're copying bioware who in my honest opinion is an average studio at best. is it weird i just randomly started to think of that? i think it is...

Also btw everyone, type 0 is a decent game but has a dumb ass story, the story is straight up butt.

If you ask me both are pretty average at this point.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
but it's funny...
I don't understand you and I'm not sure I want to.

It's all about expectation, mindset, and taste. I think TiTS's writing is cute, but so far (where I'm at in the game, midway through Chapter 1) it leans heavily on the dialog and less so on the conflict and world issues. I actually am quite glad it's doing that, since I've had enough "the world is on your shoulders" RPGs to last me for a while. But, if I wasn't in the right mindset to want to indulge in some sugared dialog between peppy characters, I could totally understand not being happy with the game.

Taste and humor is also subjective! Some people like really offensive jokes, others prefer theirs cleaner and more focused on delivery. I don't see a problem with someone not liking the humor in TiTS, even if it means frosty messages me every time I upload screenshots to remind me how much he hates it :3

Jawmuncher

It's a goddamn shame, cause the beginning is quite good but it enters fanfic territory too early to ever recover.

Yeah it's a clear case where a simpler story would have been better. Had it just been about a special class in war minus all the other falcie, Lcie and other stuff it could have been a lot better. A final fantasy war story could be cool, but they didn't pull it off with Type 0

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks man. Lost count how many times I've bought games that are in a bundle which I previously bought. Damn.

What I do before buying a new release is check the game's community hub (more often than not there's already a thread asking about Steam keys for existing owners) and throw "[game name]" indie bundle into Google. Desura/Indie Royale no longer being staffed has thrown quite a spanner into the works, though: devs have to manually hand out keys either via e-mail or Desura's PM system.

It's a goddamn shame, cause the beginning is quite good but it enters fanfic territory too early to ever recover.
yea i agree, does sets the mood up very good in the beginning but loses it in like less than an hour. the whole school thing didn't help either.
If you ask me both are pretty average at this point.

yea i guess you're right but at least the two offered very different games which most likely wont be the case anymore with each of their next games, fallout 4 just sounds like a open world bioware game and with EA's hard on for open world games i wouldn't be surprised if mass effect 4 is open world which leaves us with 2 games that are a lot alike at their core. :/ also i've always ranked bethesda a bit higher than bioware.

r3n4ud

What I do before buying a new release is check the game's community hub (more often than not there's already a thread asking about Steam keys for existing owners) and also throw "game name" indie bundle into Google.
Nice ideas. Thanks

When I use to buy bundles, I would keep a spreadsheet of which games were in the bundle. So before I picked up a new release I would refer to the spreadsheet. Was a good method before the bundle boom. Now typing each game is tedious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom