• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

It's all about expectation, mindset, and taste. I think TiTS's writing is cute, but so far (where I'm at in the game, midway through Chapter 1) it leans heavily on the dialog and less so on the conflict and world issues. I actually am quite glad it's doing that, since I've had enough "the world is on your shoulders" RPGs to last me for a while. But, if I wasn't in the right mindset to want to indulge in some sugared dialog between peppy characters, I could totally understand not being happy with the game.

Taste and humor is also subjective! Some people like really offensive jokes, others prefer theirs cleaner and more focused on delivery. I don't see a problem with someone not liking the humor in TiTS, even if it means frosty messages me every time I upload screenshots to remind me how much he hates it :3

I guess it's really hard for me to acknowledge that Trails can be not for someone, it's so very much my kind of a game, that I feel like I am questioned with extreme prejudice when someone hates on it, the same is true with Suikoden games, although it's very rare for someone hate on those. Guess I'm lucky in this at least, that are and were games made especially for me, no?
frostie would probably hate me in rl to the point of killing me, scary thought when I think about it
I kid, I kid

Let's just post lots of screens from TiTS and Hatoful Boyfriend just to bug frost. :p
that's so evil and tempting

Played a bit Star Citzen. It sure is gorgeous but has only little meat so far. Doesn't help that I have no clue what I am doing.

cOIdtn8.gif

Is this Off-Topic, I don't know anymore, sooo it will come to Steam I think? Am I safe now?

zkylon

zkylewd

i never really enjoyed cartoons for like adults or whatever. like all that adult swim stuff, i just find them annoying and unwatchable lol

invader zim will forever be the one cartoon i love lol

maybe dexter's lab and powerpuff girls too

I was just speaking in general about the text based-stuff in the game... writing, tone, dialogue -- when I said translation, I really meant more "localization" and less "literal translation"... though I'm not sure if the original Japanese game had stuff like this groan-worthy gem zyklon shared:
well some of those were pretty funny, that one is awful tho

also dont call me zyklon

Another Episodic game that got nice Steam Reviews and positive "preview" fom TB.

looks pretty cool, wishlisted it for the black and white only

It's all about expectation, mindset, and taste. I think TiTS's writing is cute, but so far (where I'm at in the game, midway through Chapter 1) it leans heavily on the dialog and less so on the conflict and world issues. I actually am quite glad it's doing that, since I've had enough "the world is on your shoulders" RPGs to last me for a while. But, if I wasn't in the right mindset to want to indulge in some sugared dialog between peppy characters, I could totally understand not being happy with the game.

Taste and humor is also subjective! Some people like really offensive jokes, others prefer theirs cleaner and more focused on delivery. I don't see a problem with someone not liking the humor in TiTS, even if it means frosty messages me every time I upload screenshots to remind me how much he hates it :3

<3

Yeah, omae wa mou shinderu inside.

kyoufu wo oshiete yarou

r3n4ud

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cloud Knights -- MB-F27CCDD1AAC8847E - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo
Tap Heroes -- MB-51D88CD75D5AA2B0 - Taken by Jazz573

Played a bit Star Citzen. It sure is gorgeous but has only little meat so far. Doesn't help that I have no clue what I am doing.

cOIdtn8.gif

Is this Off-Topic, I don't know anymore, sooo it will come to Steam I think? Am I safe now?

oh wait, so its an actual game? i thought it was some ship simulator where you can walk around and look at ships that dont even exist
im dead serious

Life Is Strange is the GOTY 2015.
Fite me.

that title belongs to witcher 3, ill fight you any day of the week m8

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

I Have no Mouth and I Must Scream -- MB-0497D2BCE29EDDED - Taken by gurm3n. 2 entrants total.

t1438107209z1.png
Enjoy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Fite me.

No contest. And I haven't finished Episode 4 yet until later tonight, so really we should all stop talking about this
lol

Fite me.

Let's fite!

Witcher 3 I know you have some issues with but I'd say that's one. For another... Rocket League is leagues better!

Once the last episode is out and I get around to purchasing and playing it my opinion might change. heh

Kuroyume

Banned
Really disappointed, already have all those extras. Oh well, will give them away later. Bundle was still worth it for everything else.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I've heard great things about Freedom Planet. It might just be weird Sonic (aren't they all?) fans, though.

Grief.exe

All of you people preordering Type-0 obviously forgot FFXIII, FFXIII-2, FFIV and FFIV The After Years.

Well, good luck to you all.

Two words:

Steam Refunds

Nice price for Type-0

.....anywhere have it better yet?

I reckon GMG will get it eventually. They have with every FF game on Steam so far.

For the price, Steam refunds pose an excellent value proposition now.

Wait so that Amazon Prime Air thing is actually real and not some crazy April Fools type affair? I don't know how I'd feel having my stuff delivered by a drone.

I'm embracing a future where one never needs to leave the house.

Eila

Wonder how much the Doters 2 FF skins will go for. Can I make some good money back by pre-purchasing? Type-0 looked kind of bad compared to other FF, honestly.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I doubt Star Citizen will come to Steam to be honest.

If it does it will be later. They like not sharing money lol.

It'll come to Steam eventually, but probably not until after it's complete, not entirely unlike Elite: Dangerous. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if the game's already hiding somewhere in the registry.

Wonder how much the Doters 2 FF skins will go for. Can I make some good money back by pre-purchasing? Type-0 looked kind of bad compared to other FF, honestly.

I made a little under USD$7 from my Thi4f item set. You need to get in early, though (I sold the the aforementioned set around half a day after it became marketable).

chronomac

Extras:

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

vRvbDCu.png
t1cxE6r.gif
Original War -- MB-7DEEB3C329E1DA25 - Taken by Kurt Russell. 1 entrants total.
Coin Crypt -- MB-B24C2B879A3BE39D - Taken by dot. 6 entrants total.
Arma 2 -- MB-7B206FAC44A23F0E - Taken by NightmareTrigger. 3 entrants total.

t1438107990z1.png

Ruruja

You may take my contents, but you will never take my freeedoooooom!

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ruruja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Freedom Planet -- MB-B85544D00E3882CB - Taken by MakeshiftChef. 6 entrants total.

t1438107989z1.png

Dr Dogg

So who's having a Windows 10 party tonight!?!?!? I hope Microsoft haven't done something stupid like that again.

Oh and Rocket League > Your favourite game probably featuring your Waifu.

I imagine quite a few have already. I mean you can get fresh air by opening the windows right? Me, I'd go stir crazy with cabin fever after a week if I didn't get out.

Parsnip

All the Life is Strange spoiler tags are difficult to not click. Must resist.

I still haven't started it, and don't plan to until the last episode is out.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The last legendary naval battle in AssCreed Rogue is pretty annoying. I do like the look of the Master Templar outfit, though.

Vlad

Spares

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Vlad, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing II -- MB-A92E0B08CB46ADF7 - Taken by anastef. 13 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Fallen Enchantress: Legendary Heroes -- MB-B1157317A1603157 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN. 4 entrants total.
Outland - Special Edition -- MB-5B3030C37432B319 - Taken by Saty. 8 entrants total.

t1438118069z1.png

Two words:

Steam Refunds

For the price, Steam refunds pose an excellent value proposition now.

(1) & (2) Fair and good points. Sometimes, if you're not sure if you're going to be okay with what's in the port or if it will run well on your setup, paying a bit extra might be worth the steam premium.

(3) On this we agree. :3

Clicker Heroes or GTFO.

Currently Bloodborne is my overall GotY and I'm not even done with it; so unless it makes a sudden drop off in quality, it's at the top of my list.

If we're talking Steam GotY 2015, well, I'm going to use the loophole that let's me put Dark Souls 2 on top again currently.
Of course, you'll have to take into account that I will not play The Witcher 3 or GTAV until I upgrade my video card... and well, if LiS is out fully before the end of 2015, I'll run through it, but I seriously doubt it will live up to the hype.

Benedict

This is a rare one.

ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:

Memories of a Vagabond -- MB-8AD396807216FBBA - Taken by Belgarion

derExperte

I've never even heard of Coin Crypt.

Other two seem solid, I had Screencheat on my wishlist a while back.

Screencheat is dead. Idle for cards and forget about it or play asap while some try it because of the bundle. Which is sad because the concept seems fun and it's well made but what can you do....

cOIdtn8.gif

They recently added a tutorial that you can do to get the basics down, I've played dozens of hours and the only way to get really familiar with your ship (you have a Mustang Omega from the looks of it, those are mainly racing ships with light combat) is to just play around with it in free flight or Vanduul Swarm vs. AI.

tmarg

True.
I still can't believe Valve would allow for something so pro-consumer.

I don't think they so much allowed it as they were going to be forced to do it in Europe and likely Australia, and realized it would be more expensive to implement a separate refund policy for every country they operate in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom