• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

KainXVIII

lkxtPBy.jpg

dat RU price

sweetjesus.jpg

FF Type-0? Will buy!

stab.jpg

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Well I did it, beat everything The Swapper threw at me. For that one puzzle from hell I read a small hint and figured it out eventually with that. I had a few other puzzles left and they just seemed like a breeze compared to 'that' one.

It's really an exceptional game because the story is pretty damn good as well, especially the ending sequence. Sticking with it: one of best puzzle games I've played.

Uzzy

Well I did it, beat everything The Swapper threw at me. For that one puzzle from hell I read a small hint and figured it out eventually with that. I had a few other puzzles left beside that one and they just seemed like a breeze compared to 'that' one.

It's really an exceptional game because the story is pretty damn good as well, especially the ending sequence. Sticking with it: one of best puzzle games I've played.

Great to hear about someone else enjoying The Swapper. So, what did you think of the philosophical themes in the game? And which ending did you pick?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Great to hear about someone else enjoying The Swapper. So, what did you think of the philosophical themes in the game? And which ending did you pick?

tbh I thought that, through gameplay and general mechanics, the game conveyed its core ideas better than other titles that pride themselves on their storytelling. You're constantly experiencing what the game is about with the clones and swapping through them, then you're confronted with that in the end. Ultimately
you can treat your body as just another clone and switch places... which was my impulsive choice. No way I'm staying on that rock. I didn't quite get how The Scavenger worked though: she swapped with Chalmers and Bennett, but they all ended up together somehow.

It's masterful how the story and core mechanic come together near the end. I think this game succeeded way better at this than Braid for example.

Arthea

Finished Blue Rose (all routes), took me ~10 hours

here are my thoughts.
The surprising thing was that it turned to be not so bad as I expected it to be, it has mixed reviews, that made me think that it is horrid, usually every half decent VN has positive reviews, but that's not the case.
If I would make a movie analogy, Sword of Asumi was a B movie that had its moments, while Blue Rose was a movie, you watch once, aren't particularly exited about it but agree it was OK and later never remember it.
If I was to mention one negative thing about it, with story branching in this game, there are many very similar things about every branch that aren't really skippable because some minor details are different, still 6 times reading almost the same or exactly the same text about
heavy and changing atmosphere in mountains that makes your heroine sick
gets boring. Less words would have helped or delivering it in another manner. Other than that it's not bad and first playthrough is even interesting. Also it has small after stories, extras, which was a nice touch.

You can do that..?

ya, same as cards, I assume
meaning, even if you can, it won't last for long and then we all will have to pay for it forever

You can do that..?

Doubt it -- if the Steam Gestapo has changed idle times so that you can't get something from buying the game and then refund it, I'm fairly certain that they will not allow you to do so with exclusive DotA2 items.

tbh I thought that, through gameplay and general mechanics, the game conveyed its core ideas better than other titles that pride themselves on their storytelling. You're constantly experiencing what the game is about with the clones and swapping through them, then you're confronted with that in the end. Ultimately
you can treat your body as just another clone and switch places... which was my impulsive choice. No way I'm staying on that rock. I didn't quite get how The Scavenger worked though: she swapped with Chalmers and Bennett, but they all ended up together somehow.

It's masterful how the story and core mechanic come together near the end. I think this game succeeded way better at this than Braid for example.

It's not hard to be way better than Braid.

ya, same as cards, I assume
meaning, even if you can, it won't last for long and then we all will have to pay for it forever

There are currently 0 listings for moogle or chocobo on the DOTA2 market -- so if people preordered and had them placed in their inventory, there must be some restriction on possible sales.
If you refund the game and haven't sold them so they are no longer in your inventory, it would be a pretty safe assumption to think that Valve would remove the DOTA2 items granted by your preorder when they removed the game from your account and started processing your refund.

But hey, someone who bought Type-0, refund your purchase and confirm for these people (if the items were delivered to you already).

Arthea

We need a test subject. Volunteer? You will be paid in twinkies.

we'll pay forever even for a test
you know that, I know that, everybody knows that

edited:
to frostie:
these items aren't tradeable right away, at least that always was the case with TF2 items

madjoki

Doubt it -- if the Steam Gestapo has changed idle times so that you can't get something from buying the game and then refund it, I'm fairly certain that they will not allow you to do so with exclusive DotA2 items.

Even TF2 items were limit for months or so before trading, so good luck getting refund after that. :p

tinyBuild, which means it will be free week after release.
I'm not even kidding.

Kuroyume

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Screencheat -- MB-DD7C62BFCEB26192 - Taken by fspm. 4 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-69B88E22D907537C - Taken by ExoSoul. 4 entrants total.
Coin Crypt -- MB-567485EC7E11139B - Taken by GaussTek. 1 entrants total.

t1438118909z1.png

Edit: Image is grossing even me out lol

MUnited83

For you.

It's not hard to be way better than Braid.

There are currently 0 listings for moogle or chocobo on the DOTA2 market -- so if people preordered and had them placed in their inventory, there must be some restriction on possible sales.
If you refund the game and haven't sold them so they are no longer in your inventory, it would be a pretty safe assumption to think that Valve would remove the DOTA2 items granted by your preorder when they removed the game from your account and started processing your refund.

But hey, someone who bought Type-0, refund your purchase and confirm for these people (if the items were delivered to you already).
As I already said : it takes months for the items to be marketable/tradable, and Valve will revoke your items if you refund.

Salsa

Killing Floor 2 is probably the worst game when it comes to having a learning curve / getting good

you just join matches full of high level people knowing what they're doing and fuck up

I know some stuff cause I played 1 back then but yeah, it just hurts the appeal really

i'll keep at it later

Hmmm... I wonder how much the Type-0 DOTA2 items would go for. Seriously tempted to get this with card credit just to offset the costs with the proceeds from those items/trading cards (not to mention that I really want to play this one).

Arthea

As I already said : it takes months for the items to be marketable/tradable, and Valve will revoke your items if you refund.

I don't remember cards or items being revoked before even once, except got gemocalypse.
Do you know something we don't, that you are so sure?

The game that shall not be named - party edition.

I don't remember cards or items being revoked before even once, except got gemocalypse.
Do you know something we don't, that you are so sure?

How common were refunds when the last major TF2 pre-order promo items were put out? Very rare.
So the likelihood of someone refunding one of those purchases after getting the items (and being able to sell them) is likely close to, if not, ZERO.
Sold cards were definitely not revoked, but Valve took the "nuclear" approach to handling that once they saw it was a problem and they didn't really have an easy solution for dealing with it.

Killing Floor 2 is probably the worst game when it comes to having a learning curve / getting good

you just join matches full of high level people knowing what they're doing and fuck up

I know some stuff cause I played 1 back then but yeah, it just hurts the appeal really

i'll keep at it later

kill enemies > get dosh > buy better guns, refill equipment > rinse, repeat

I know what you said, and I agree that you're probably right. I was just re-iterating for arthea and shadownet -- any uncertainty alluded to is simply because it's not 100% set in stone, but seems pretty likely to be something that cannot be abused.

MUnited83

For you.
Hmmm... I wonder how much the Type-0 DOTA2 items would go for. Seriously tempted to get this with card credit just to offset the costs with the proceeds from those items/trading cards (not to mention that I really want to play this one).
I'd say that you will be able to get at the very least 7$ from them when they becomes tradable/marketable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom