• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why isn't LiS a weekly? Agh...
SO god damn frustrated right now. Whenever I get a blue screen of death when playing a game with steam achievements, my achievement progress gets all screwed up :(

Does this happen to anybody else?

Run diagnostics on your hardware. That should not be happening.

Best case scenario is its some software error. Worst case is your computer is spiralling into oblivion, never to return.

Caerith

SO god damn frustrated right now. Whenever I get a blue screen of death when playing a game with steam achievements, my achievement progress gets all screwed up :(

Does this happen to anybody else?

Like everyone else said, find out why you're getting BSODs. I'd guess it's heat-related. It's summer, maybe you need to clean out your fans, etc?

derExperte

Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe is potentially fun but fucking hard, not necessarily in a good way, controls are floaty and some one-hit kills come out of nowhere. Also after about an hour the game is using 16GB RAM and killing my PC, does the Steam version use Flash? Never seen anything like this.

Okay, got used to the controls, got the memory issue fixed by fixing the framerate with NV Inspector (would go to 3000fps and that seems to have caused the RAM usage to explode) and unlocked all levels. Lava was the worst because stuff can come from above and below without much warning. The rest is much fairer and overall while still somewhat luck-based a great mix of genres, clean, well-made pixel visuals and nice songs. Lots to unlock too and interesting challenge levels so it isn't just score based. 8.5/10

Also finished Kairo. A little too out there, used a guide for two or three puzzles but the atmosphere is totally unique, a mix between creepy and awe-inspiring. Great soundtrack, game ended before I got bored. 7/10

Almost done with Super House of Dead Ninjas too, it's good but I'm not good enough for hard mode so yeah. 7/10

NotGTAV .... uhh .... some funny stuff, probably better if you're from the UK. No regrets for the price I paid though. ?!/10

derExperte

In the year of our lord two thousand and fifteen if a game require adept D-pad movement I more than likely don't want to play that game.

Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe, see above, is actually only playable with the d-pad.

Which when I think about it might explain why I totally didn't get into it when I played it around release with a 360 pad instead of now the X1 one.

Turfster

Final Dusk is a fun, quirky puzzle game with 2 stages: planning stage, where you drag things around to cover windows so your vampire princess doesn't turn to stone, and an execution stage where you use magic to cover up windows you couldn't get to before, use elevators, change direction indicators, etc.
Oh, and you're also supposed to grab the garlic in a level, which can be damn hard.

Life Is Strange is the GOTY 2015.
Fite me.
It's gonna be on most of our GOTY lists for sure.
Finished Episode 4 of Life is Strange.

holy shit
image.php

Hey Ash, Whatcha Playing

Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin?

EDIT: Beaten.

Still NO clue as to what that is, but I guess I could google it now.

Interesting. Not sure if it's worth changing to static IP or to just use x360ce workaround on games that need the fix... for some reason, my experience with static IP addresses has been poor with DD-WRT.

I found this guide to be pretty simple.

1. Buy a wired 360 controller
2. Plug it in
3. Play all your video games

Yeah, but then you're stuck using a sub-par controller. Might as well just use your kb/m at that point.

I hope something more simple pops up :(

Changing to a static IP is not complex, it's relatively simple.
It takes about 2 minutes.

In the year of our lord two thousand and fifteen if a game require adept D-pad movement I more than likely don't want to play that game.

Precise inputs say "fuck you."

Old games are much better, though. :)

Any game that requires precise 8-directional inputs are much better (with a d-pad) if that's what you're getting at... unless you just don't like newer games. :p

that D-pad isnt that bad , yeah its a little different so you have to get used to it but its completely usable , i can play fighting games with it without problems

Maybe on the redesigned newer model? But on the standard x360 controller? I'd rather play fighting games with a cheese grater as the d-pad.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Condemned's PC port is actually amazing. Excellent job Sega, especially in a time where that would not have been common.

Q3FZsXT.png

A shame we never got the sequel on PC...or Skies of Arcadia, or Shenmue, or JSRF, or Otogi, or Vanquish, or Baynetta, you get the point.

It used the FEAR revision of their engine so it would have been pretty odd if it wasn't on par with FEAR.

Pupo

Duh, it was supposed to be 15 minutes =d

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pupo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Freedom Planet -- MB-1514B1E10E72158B - Taken by pantsattack. 11 entrants total.

t1438146691z1.png

So can I preorder FF Type 0 on Steam, get the Preorder items, then refund it if it gets cheaper anywhere else and keep the preorder items?

(Kind of an asshole move, I know)

Omega

Banned
and then people wonder why Valve took forever to finally add a refund system, and why MS and Sony probably never will.

That was there to protect you from shit like Arkham Knight, not for you to game the system just to get preorder incentives and then sell those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom