• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadownet

Banned
It is pretty cheap.

It's $13 here with the discount.
Compared to $49.99 of PS4 version, it is way cheaper, even if it's compared to the default US price of $26.99.
USA or bust.

So can I preorder FF Type 0 on Steam, get the Preorder items, then refund it if it gets cheaper anywhere else and keep the preorder items?

(Kind of an asshole move, I know)
No, that won't work according to BernardoTwo. It seems Valve would just revoke your items. But feel free to try it out.

MUnited83

For you.
So can I preorder FF Type 0 on Steam, get the Preorder items, then refund it if it gets cheaper anywhere else and keep the preorder items?

Feel free to try that out, but it really won't work. At best you will be able to use the items for a couple of days after the refund but no way in hell will you keep them until they become tradable/marketable.

D3RANG3D

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (D3RANG3D, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mercenary Kings -- MB-45C8CEC4BD5DFB94 - Taken by Shalashaska

:3

USA or bust.

No, that won't work according to BernardoTwo. It seems Valve would just revoke your items. But feel free to try it out.

It depends. If the game on Nuuvem would just be 13$, I would rather buy it there. If the game on Nuuvem would be 20$, I would rather buy it on Steam.

and then people wonder why Valve took forever to finally add a refund system, and why MS and Sony probably never will.

That was there to protect you from shit like Arkham Knight, not for you to game the system just to get preorder incentives and then sell those.

I am just wondering if it would work.

So I don't play Dota anymore, can I just sell the pre-order bonus?
I wonder how much they'll worth on the market.

Afaik the longer you wait, the more they will be worth as long as you cant get them anywhere else.

Eila

So I don't play Dota anymore, can I just sell the Type-0 pre-order bonus?
I wonder how much they'll worth on the market.

I'm thinking of that, too. But I doubt very much they'll be worth more than $7, as that's how much the game costs in Russia. I'm unconvinced.

giphy.gif

How about we don't give Valve reason to restrict refunds further?

Seems I wait for a Nuuvem deal then. Anyone knows how much it usually takes after it shows up there? Its a S-E game, so I guess other shops will sell it too.

MUnited83

For you.
It depends. If the game on Nuuvem would just be 13$, I would rather buy it there. If the game on Nuuvem would be 20$, I would rather buy it on Steam.

I am just wondering if it would work.

Afaik the longer you wait, the more they will be worth as long as you cant get them anywhere else.

Quite incorrect, the highest it will go is at the beggining when it becomes marketable.
And it will go down on price because the items will eventually be available through drops/crates as well. They always are, for the most part. The difference is that the ones got through preorder have a "genuine" tag and the regular ones don't. But once the regular appears the price of the genuine drops like a rock because very few people really care about having "genuine" tag on their items, they just want the stuff that looks cool.

Quite incorrect, the highest it will go is at the beggining when it becomes marketable.
And it will go down on price because the items will eventually be available through drops/crates as well. They always are, for the most part. The difference is that the ones got through preorder have a "genuine" tag and the regular ones don't. But once the regular appears the price of the genuine drops like a rock because very few people really care about having "genuine" tag on their items, they just want the stuff that looks cool.

Oh. I didnt know that. Thanks for the explanation. Seems it was a good move then that I sold my Alien Isolation stuff for 15$ last year directly after the launch.

I sold an Alien Isolation TF2 preorder hat that i didn't even know came with the game for like $12.

My fear is that the nuuvem type of deals for Type-0 will still not make up for any possible absurd dota 2 item prices i would be passing on by not preordering.

Just trying to play that game, yo

Eila

Yeah, I lost a lot of money by not logging on TF2 for about a year. Got a bunch of event items at once, and they were kind of cheap then.

robotrock

Banned

Are you sure you'll keep your DOTA items?

I had to refund a copy of Sleeping Dogs during the month it launched and it removed the TF2 preorder items from my inventory.

Condemned at 144 FPS because reasons

Apparently FF Type 0 has a locked framerate because reasons

bmePbIw.png

OH NO, EVERYONE CANCEL YOUR PREORDERS!!!!!1!!!!

--

I tried that fix of disabling the DHCP client service and can confirm it works.
However, something is not working with DSfix 2.4 on win10 -- I can't tell what, but when I tried to just do my native resolution with borderless window (or even without it) the game wouldn't start. And DSfix didn't write any logs. So, y'know, pretty much my standard luck when it comes to using Durante's stuff.

Also, during this, ChairmanChuck cursed me and w10 decided to try to update my nVidia drivers. The update seems to have worked, but at the same time, windows update thinks it failed. Furthermore, between this and the disabling of the DHCP service, I've seemingly lost the ability to do win+S or win+F -- my main method of accessing anything on my PC... off to google search in hopes that I can find a solution as to why these two shortcuts no longer work.

Sarcasm

Man the way this upgrade thing works for Windows ten sucks.

It went full auto and upgraded my machine.

Where is my cd key at least?

Some quick impressions for Zombie Playground:

When they said early access they weren't kidding. ...Okay, not entirely fair, but let's break it down for you:

The gameplay: You play a student in a zombie-infested school. There are two classes to be had: bully (tank) and rascal (kinda like a DPS class - moves faster, hits harder, but less HP) They each have a melee and ranged weapon. You can choose between two weapons for both melee and ranged, but the differences appear to be aesthetic only (for now?) There's a small variety of enemies: regular zombies, zombies that throw brains at you (why are they throwing their food source? Also, for something as soft and squishy as a brain, it hurts a LOT,) glowing zombies from the bio lab, teacher zombies that take and dish out a lot of damage - kinda like minibosses, only they spawn just like regular zombies - and a boss in the form of a bucketheaded janitor that appears to be best fought in co-op (which I haven't tried.) There's only one level for now. It feels reasonably large, but that might only be because it's new to me. I know levels have a way of feeling much smaller once you're used to them. There are five missions, beating them gives you XP, the XP does nothing right now because early access players get all the vanity items straight off (I assume for now.)

The controls: Not too bad. You have a regular attack and a charged attack, and special maneuvers: a spin, a lunge, and a jumping attack that likes to show you the ceiling while you're in the air. The learning curve on the timing for them is thankfully short. Each class also has two class-specific abilities, but how often you can use them, what you do to charge them up, is currently a mystery as there's no tutorial. Sprinting takes energy, and dodging (a short fast hop in one direction) doesn't, so I foresee dodging everywhere will be a thing unless that's fixed. Felt responsive enough to me.

The graphics: They do the job. The school looks like a school, complete with posters on the walls (although desks and chairs are mostly absent...) It's a Unity game so don't expect anything too eye-popping, but it's got a decent style. Characters have a fair amount of customization - the store page touts "over 200 different aesthetic assets in the game" but they're counting five colours of the same item as five items, so it's a bit overstated.

The sound and music: The music was alright, but it didn't really get me all pumped up for some zombie-killing. I guess I was expecting some driving rock, but I got standard VGM fare (which is, you know, fine.) Sound effects are partly incomplete, but what's there is good. The plastic bat makes a satisfying hollow sound when you hit things with it, but when you go to the music room and see a drum set, you're expecting to hear bangs and cymbals when you hit it, and it's not there.

The verdict: I know I might have made it sound good, but this game is not ready for prime time. It's got potential, but it's not there yet. It also feels weird having an arena-style map if you're only gonna do co-op and not PVP. It might get better further down the line, but if I were you, I wouldn't pay 15 bucks to find out.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Finished Life is Strange Ep 4, will replay later for the 3 photos I somehow missed.

Went to play King's Quest and got hit with the bug on the PS4 version so it's currently unplayable. Fuck. Hopefully they'll get that shit sorted out by tomorrow, but so far I'm giving this 0/10.

Teggy

Condemned at 144 FPS because reasons

Looks like 1 fps to me.

Today's Mafia 3 announcement inspired me to get Mafia 1 and 2 out of my backlog since they're reasonably short games. Mafia 1 won't run full screen on Windows 10 so I am playing it in a 1600 x 900 window, oh well. The first half hour is 1930s Crazy Taxi, who knew? And I have heard so many horror stories about the race over the years I just dropped it down to "very easy" and no damage, and felt perfectly fine about that.

BTW, my favorite HAWP is the Minecraft one, I highly recommend it for a chuckle.

Khronico

ModBot said:
Instructions for Khronico:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Freedom Planet -- MB-7628E35F3D86AA5C - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Outland -- MB-3BE27719A3879A5F - Taken by gimel
Coin Crypt -- MB-45A607E8E5679013 - Taken by someguyinahat
Jet Set Radio -- MB-6038E276A0D4ACAD - Taken by electroflame
Why did I buy this bundle I don't even want any of these games
1066.gif

Caerith

We already know the reasons, since they said why the framerate was locked to 30 for the console ports before.

The reason is the easy +1 "curators recommend" on the store page, right?
That is, if their busy schedule of witch-hunting games from 1995 allows.

I'm thinking of that, too. But I doubt very much they'll be worth more than $7, as that's how much the game costs in Russia. I'm unconvinced.

Lol the market will likely be so saturated that they won't be worth much.

I guess $7 would be fine.
I'll see it as another discount for the game. :p

---------------------------------------------

Anyway, random thought, what's the most ridiculous game pricing on Steam?
I'm guessing this one? A $99.99 visual novel.

I guess $7 would be fine.
I'll see it as another discount for the game. :p

---------------------------------------------

Anyway, random thought, what's the most ridiculous game pricing on Steam?
I'm guessing this one? A $99.99 visual novel.

Wait 42 friends already own this. Double wait... I already own this? Must have been in a bundle. Hell of a price rise from bundle to US$100.

Dsyndrome

I want to play King's Quest now... but I feel like if I don't play LiS Ep. 4 RIGHT NOW, one of y'all is gonna spoil it this week.

Wait 42 friends already own this. Double wait... I already own this? Must have been in a bundle. Hell of a price rise from bundle to US$100.

Set price to $100

Set a "price mistake" 99% off during sales

People think they're getting a steal and buy it for a dollar (guyfromrobocop.gif)

Marketing!

...Mind you, with Steam refunds now that might not work. Oh well.

Tizoc

Type-0's FPS doesn't bother me, it is after all a PSP game and it's FPS might be tied to the engine or whatever like Way of the Samurai 4.
Long as the FPS is stable and the performance is good, that should be what matters most.

Finished Life is Strange Ep 4, will replay later for the 3 photos I somehow missed.

Went to play King's Quest and got hit with the bug on the PS4 version so it's currently unplayable. Fuck. Hopefully they'll get that shit sorted out by tomorrow, but so far I'm giving this 0/10.

jshackles pls.
Why you no get Steam ver.? I coulda hooked you up with the game for $32.

SSPssp

Set price to $100

Set a "price mistake" 99% off during sales

People think they're getting a steal and buy it for a dollar (guyfromrobocop.gif)

Marketing!

...Mind you, with Steam refunds now that might not work. Oh well.

That's genius! I don't think most people know about refunds so it might work.

Type-0's FPS doesn't bother me, it is after all a PSP game and it's FPS might be tied to the engine or whatever like Way of the Samurai 4.
Long as the FPS is stable and the performance is good, that should be what matters most.

Bro fist.

I'd guess they got sick of people giving their game negative reviews, so they priced it so high that nobody else will get it and see how bad it is.

So originally it was not that ridiculously high then? That's interesting.
Does valve has any policies/rules about games pricing? Do devs/pubs can do anything they want about the price and valve won't give a shit?

man i want a monster gwent deck so bad, the ai is so good with it (although not good enough to beat me :p). those cards are just so rare to come by though, and even when you do find one to really take advantage of it like the ai does you need to have multiples of the same card. ah well, my deck is already beast and i win pretty much all the time, just got done spanking 3 people in a row at that party with triss.

madjoki

So originally it was not that ridiculously high then? That's interesting.
Does valve has any policies/rules about games pricing? Do devs/pubs can do anything they want about the price and valve won't give a shit?

Valve has to approve pricing, which makes me wonder why this was approved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom