• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Screencheat -- MB-33665A469886E925 - Taken by Sch1sm. 9 entrants total.
Coin Crypt -- MB-2871F1A8297BB444 - Taken by Sarcasm. 8 entrants total.

t1438155271z1.png

Lain

The reason is the easy +1 "curators recommend" on the store page, right?
That is, if their busy schedule of witch-hunting games from 1995 allows.

Yep!

It would seem to be the usual game logic tied to FPS in the original game, according to the DF console face-off that Parship so kindly quoted in the other thread:
Then we come to frame-rate - the HD version of the game retains the 30fps update of the original PSP title and does so with little difficulty. Both consoles turn in a stable 30fps with only minor frame-pacing issues interrupting the fluidity, particularly on Xbox One. While this may seem like a disappointment, the game was coded for 30fps originally and would not function properly at 60fps without overhauling core systems. According to one of the key programmers, the optimisation necessary to run at 60fps would have been minimal in comparison to the massive required overhaul of the game's underlying systems. It was simply beyond the scope of this project, which says a lot considering how many other changes were implemented.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
jshackles pls.
Why you no get Steam ver.? I coulda hooked you up with the game for $32.

That's more than I paid for the PS4 version.

Also - my wife wants to play it on her profile and on the big TV while I'm at work, so there's that.

Tizoc

^I meant the season pass heh. Well Acti and Sonty better get that update/patch up asap for that game, and hope you two enjoy it =3

Found a trader who appears to be offer Watch Doge Deluxe edition for USD 13. By getting it, what DLC would I be missing out on that would be considered worth playing through?

Grief.exe

Creepy visions, things crawling across the floors, disappearing bad guys...yep, I'm in a Monolith game.

alright i finished life is strange ep4

gonna go freeze myself for 6 weeks

That would put us in Metal Gear Solid territory. I will join you in your slumber.

jshackles pls.
Why you no get Steam ver.? I coulda hooked you up with the game for $32.

tYsjFfH.jpg

I wouldn't call disabling DHCP (and thus internet access for a lot of people) a 'permanent' fix.

But static IP.

Knurek

But static IP.

Which you will have to renew from time to time, depending on how your ISP has things set up.
Not sure how this works in the States, but in Poland most of ISPs don't provide static IP, or if they do it's a costly extra.
Also, Edge and Cortana (and god knows what else) not working is kind of a big thing, don't you think?

Dr Dogg

Some of the 'advice' in this thread is horrible.

Found a trader who appears to be offer Watch Doge Deluxe edition for USD 13. By getting it, what DLC would I be missing out on that would be considered worth playing through?

Now I'm a big Watch_Doggies fan as you all know but I wouldn't consider any of the DLC worth playing, especially the Deluxe Edition content. It gives you 3 missions that are out of context and done in 15 mins plus an outfit which like the rest in the game are just a pallet swap with one of the 3 other designs. There's the T-Bone Campaign DLC which is 3 hours worth of story and about 10 hours worth of content (well if you like checking off lists) and the Conspiracy digital trip DLC is alright but not as good as the other digital trips in the base game (Spider Tank is quite replayable I found). Also the Standard Edition and the Season Pass gets you everything.

Which you will have to renew from time to time, depending on how your ISP has things set up.
Not sure how this works in the States, but in Poland most of ISPs don't provide static IP, or if they do it's a costly extra.
Also, Edge and Cortana (and god knows what else) not working is kind of a big thing, don't you think?

Unless you, for some unknown reason, do not use a router, no.
You can set up your router to use whatever you want, and give your box a private static ip just as well as you can have it query your router's enabled dhcp.

But yeah, Edge and Cortana not working is probably why my win+s/win+f stopped working and lead to me now re-installing win8.1 for the time being. So personally, I'd recommend using the x360ce fix on a per game basis when necessary.

You should probably keep your opinions to yourself.

Tizoc

Some of the 'advice' in this thread is horrible.

Now I'm a big Watch_Doggies fan as you all know but I wouldn't consider any of the DLC worth playing, especially the Deluxe Edition content. It gives you 3 missions that are out of context and done in 15 mins plus an outfit which like the rest in the game are just a pallet swap with one of the 3 other designs. There's the T-Bone Campaign DLC which is 3 hours worth of story and about 10 hours worth of content (well if you like checking off lists) and the Conspiracy digital trip DLC is alright but not as good as the other digital trips in the base game (Spider Tank is quite replayable I found). Also the Standard Edition and the Season Pass gets you everything.

OK thanks for the info, I might just go with base game and grab the Season pass when nuuvem has them on sale again.

OK thanks for the info, I might just go with base game and grab the Season pass when nuuvem has them on sale again.

Can you mix and match? That is, if you buy the Steam Watch_Dogs version, can you get the uPlay only season pass from nuuvem and have it work?

For some reason, I thought you had to keep it all steam or no steam.

Dr Dogg

If you get the game on Steam you can only use the Season Pass sold on Steam. Same goes for buying the Uplay version as the additional content licences are not compatible (as well as all Uplay titles as Steam versions are separate apps including Season Passes). Couple that with you wont have licence rights on Steam so none of the content would get downloaded anyway.

Tizoc

If you get the game on Steam you can only use the Season Pass sold on Steam. Same goes for buying the Uplay version as the additional content licences are not compatible (as well as all Uplay titles as Steam versions are separate apps including Season Passes). Couple that with you wont have licence rights on Steam so none of the content would get downloaded anyway.

Tsk figured as much, wonder how much this trader can offer the season pass, I am planning on getting a bunch of games from them today anyways...

Ban Puncher

tumblr_ncf0rwDU8w1twodyxo1_540.jpg

The Birthday Train keeps on rolling! CHOO CHOO!!

Let's see how many of you actually bother to read this. This giveaway is in fact not for the infamous Bad Rats but is your chance to win ANY GAME ON STEAM OF YOUR CHOICE UP TO A VALUE OF $10USD (and giftable from the Australian store - sorry Hotline Miami 2 fans). Holy fuckbats!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Man Puncher, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

xheRJRF.gif
Bad Rats -- MB-C6669EB54684BE82 - Taken by zkylon. 16 entrants total.

t1438162471z1.png

If you won something from my previous giveaway, scram and let other people have a shot, fatty fat fat fat.

Two of the Moon Studios Devs (Ori and the Blind Forest) hung out for the speed run and gave Vulajin a hidden cheat code nobody has found yet and they just did it live on stream for the first time.

--

I think it was: left, up, right, down, up, up, up, a
It changes Ori to a random color.
Really cool!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Be strong JaseC.

tumblr_inline_mkwqeij0zk7y.gif

Valve has to approve pricing, which makes me wonder why this was approved.

Valve has pricing recommendations but publishers are free to ignore that in favour of their own model. If Valve had final say on pricing, there wouldn't be cases of products being most expensive -- sometimes to a significant degree -- in Eastern Europe.

zkylon

zkylewd
what's the thing that shouldn't be promoted about type 0?

also i like hazy saoirse

she looks like somehing i would photoshop like 6 years ago

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Creepy visions, things crawling across the floors, disappearing bad guys...yep, I'm in a Monolith game.

Are you playing Condemned for the first time? Stick with it, Condemned's an example of where I think the second half of the game is much stronger than the first half, best parts of the game definitely chapters
, &
. Many good moments in all three of them.

tmarg

I don't support preordering in general, but if there are going to be preorder bonuses, I'd rather they be dota junk than actual game content.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The best pre-order bonuses are +1s that aren't released separately later. Like Rayman 2 and the other Tex Murphy: Pandora Directive. You snooze, you lose!

Sch1sm

I don't support preordering in general, but if there are going to be preorder bonuses, I'd rather they be dota junk than actual game content.

With you there. Least I'm not missing out on DLC I'll eventually have to buy for some obscene price later on if I don't preorder.

Salsa

you guys should play Bloody Good Time instead

we used to have GAF nights of that years ago cause the game rules and it did terribly cause Ubisotft bought it, sent it to die, and used all its ideas on Assassins Creed multiplayer

and by GAF nights I mean like, two

Dr Dogg

Pre-order DLC is a publisher's way of saying "wait a year and get the complete version on a Steam sale."

I thought it was more along the lines of 'Look we know our game isn't quite as interesting as we hoped and it hasn't grabbed the majority of you already with the groundbreaking levels of generic characters and derivative game design but how about if we sweetened the deal with free stuff? Oh nothing fantastic mind just skins, boosters that are consumable or 5 mins of gameplay deceptively labelled as 60 mins of content. That sound good? Wait where are you going?'

Daenerys in the game is even worse than the show ugh.

If this isn't a rampant case of avatar quote fishing then I don't know what is. I shall not even humour you good sir!
More to do with my botched Windows 10 upgrade that failed due to starting before the final 2gb had downloaded has screwed up my right click menu :(

Sch1sm

Daenerys in the game is even worse than the show ugh.

WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?

What's up with the episodes being weird order, anyway? Like episode 1 is late season 3, Red Wedding and all that. Actually has me tripped out.

Are the others worth purchasing? Episode 2 onward? In comparison to other Telltale games.

If this isn't a rampant case of avatar quote fishing then I don't know what is. I shall not even humour you good sir!
More to do with my botched Windows 10 upgrade that failed due to starting before the final 2gb had downloaded has screwed up my right click menu :(
No it wasn't I swear!

WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS?

What's up with the episodes being weird order, anyway? Like episode 1 is late season 3, Red Wedding and all that. Actually has me tripped out.

Are the others worth purchasing? Episode 2 onward? In comparison to other Telltale games.
What weird order? No one said non-book materials have to start from the beginning. Buy it? Sure, if you like the lore and settings. The rest is not very different from other Telltale games except a lot of characters died.

Chariot

so many good looking areas in LiS ep4

but everything is spoilerific at this point so I can't post the screenshots anywhere
I got one scene further, now I gotta go again >_>
Hopefully I can finish tonight or I get another uneasy night of not really wanting to sleep. I am at
the barn
right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom