• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Ship Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too

header.jpg

t1438369200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Spirited
3 - Chariot
4 - The Red Wizard

Arthea

war is coming
And your moral duty is to your family and your people
Right or wrong is for you to decide

you guys aren't fooling anyone, you just want free games

meanwhile in Battle for Blood every level is a pain now, I really should drop it, but being so close to being called the general... how can one stop.

I posted this yesterday, but nobody gave me an answer: do you receive pre-order items for Type 0 now? If so, are they marketable? IF so, how much for each one?

I ask because Alien's items were worth around 10€ each, if this is the case, Type 0 is basically free.

I like how reading skills are diminishing even while already being near 0 in this thread.

Items usually aren't tradeable for quite some time, we can't possible know the worth of those items. FF0 is still at the top of bestsellers list, if it'll sell a lot possibly items will be cheap, but we don't know how cheap, no, FF0 won't be free, you shouldn't gamble on this, as it very rarely works.
I haven't got items yet, I can't be sure, but probably they will be available only when FF0 releases, I'm too lazy to check community if people got them already, but you can check.

Sober

you can disable CA from the ini, not sure if it disables anything else but not I've noticed at least
Luckily it's just vignetting, but after saying I don't notice CA, now that I know where to look for CA, jesus it just bugs the shit out of me now.

Today I'll finish ep 4 of Life is strange so I can jump on the Warren-wagon.
I noticed that now with my gtx 970 if I play fullscreen it slightly stutter (with my old 6950 no problems) and playing borderless window fixed the issue. Life is strange!

DocSeuss

Singularity isn't loading for me at all. Not sure if Win10 or something else. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the binaries that came with the game, no luck.

EDIT: Thirty Flights of Loving doesn't work either.

Dr Dogg

Top tip: (because I sense this is going to come up a lot today) If a game doesn't start under Win10 try switching its compatibility mode first (right click menu on the shortcut/executable, then click Properties yadda. yadda, yadda) to a previous version of Windows. If you get a specific exception or crash go have a look in Event Log to see if the faulting module is pointing to a dependency missing (driver or redistributable).

DocSeuss

Top tip: (because I sense this is going to come up a lot today) If a game doesn't start under Win10 try switching its compatibility mode first (right click menu on the shortcut/executable, then click Properties yadda. yadda, yadda) to a previous version of Windows. If you get a specific exception or crash go have a look in Event Log to see if the faulting module is pointing to a dependency missing (driver or redistributable).

How would I check the Event Log?

I tried compat for both games already. Troubleshooter straight-up says they're incompatible.

Arthea

Well, I'm very tempted to make a post I told you so, but as most people seem not to be able to take any joke anymore, I'll refrain from doing it.
and nobody reads anything anyway

DocSeuss

Well, I'm very tempted to make a post I told you so, but as most people seem not to be able to take any joke anymore, I'll refrain from doing it.
and nobody reads anything anyway

Hey, someone has to check this stuff. I'm running all games and compiling a list of what works and what doesn't.

derExperte

WTF did MS change in Windows 10 that some games aren't working on it o_O

Lots of internals including stuff related to the drivers. There are always a few games that don't work anymore, it's been like that since the DOS-days. For some there are workarounds, for others not. It's what it is.

Dr Dogg

How would I check the Event Log?

I tried compat for both games already. Troubleshooter straight-up says they're incompatible.

Assuming nothing has changed search for Event Viewer and then look for the Windows Logs tab on the left and then drill down to Application. Anything with a problem that gets logged should have Error as its Log Level. Obviously it would be something recent and near the top if you've just played it (well tried to at least). Fingers crossed that might turn something up as to what the issue may be.

WTF did MS change in Windows 10 that some games aren't working on it o_O

Sadly L4D2 isnt working on W10 Pro 64bit...
Every time you start a game, the game crashes. You can join games as a spectator, but as soon as you wanna play, it crashes to the desktop.

The issue exists since some march updates IIRC.

Haunted

Man, I want to love Mercenary Kings so much, but it's just not good enough. Too many infuriating design decisions, too much copying of Monster Hunter as faithfully as possible without really understanding it.

I really want to like it, I gave it several, honest shots, but this is it. Frustrating, repetitive. I'm done.

DocSeuss

Assuming nothing has changed search for Event Viewer and then look for the Windows Logs tab on the left and then drill down to Application. Anything with a problem that gets logged should have Error as its Log Level. Obviously it would be something recent and near the top if you've just played it (well tried to at least). Fingers crossed that might turn something up as to what the issue may be.

Neat.

Fault bucket 81779466482, type 5
Event Name: BEX
Response: Not available
Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:
P1: tfol.exe
P2: 0.2.0.0
P3: 5123fa1d
P4: tfol.exe
P5: 0.2.0.0
P6: 5123fa1d
P7: 00048066
P8: c0000409
P9: 00000000
P10:

Attached files:
C:\Users\GB\AppData\Local\Temp\WER9135.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_tfol.exe_30291afe3bda9b9550f546a3502e6a9c92189bd8_456778e9_0f44e262

Analysis symbol:
Rechecking for solution: 0
Report Id: ba4b7546-e677-4043-a65f-f638e258bc87
Report Status: 0
Hashed bucket: 31d69d6e155a2305ed44d2a976bd9929

and

Faulting application name: Singularity.exe, version: 1.1.0.49069, time stamp: 0x4c362bed
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.10240.16384, time stamp: 0x559f3b2a
Exception code: 0xc06d007e
Fault offset: 0x000b3e28
Faulting process id: 0x1fd8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0c9e3d267023c
Faulting application path: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Singularity\binaries\Singularity.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 09b6425d-cacc-47a3-8762-ec65918a9940
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I have no idea what either of these mean.

Arthea

The only important question here is if Clicker Heroes works without issues under W10.
the WW3 already would have started if it wasn't working, no?

edited: Indiegala is giving away Orborun, but I have problems with their giveaways lately. Anybody is in the same boat? I'm not sure what they changed but sometimes nothing happens at all after captcha, sometimes I get suspicious activity error, sometimes it does work

Ever since the latest update, I always get "badge page didn't load, will try in .. seconds" notice every time I opened idle master on my PC.
It works flawlessly on my laptop though.

Dr Dogg

Neat.

and

I have no idea what either of these mean.

Ah right. Well KERNALBASE.dll is generally for compatibility mode and I think 0xc06d007e as an Exception Code relates to Unknown Software (my Google Fu is failing me this morning). Could be a Registry conflict or missing entry for the game or one of it's dependencies maybe so I don't know if you've tried a Verify Integrity check through Steam. If none of that works add it to a list as I'm sure there will be countless others with need a bit a troubleshooting. Might be something as simple as needing a clean Install of the title through Steam (can't remember exactly what you need to delete to trigger that but I'm sure Jase will be along at some point).

Haunted

I mean, theoretically, trying to run the executables in various compability modes (XP, Vista, 7, 8, preferably the current OS when the game released), should have a chance of fixing the problem, no?

It's one of the first things I try when there's an issue. Verify integrity of files, run as admin, run in compability mode.

DocSeuss

Ah right. Well KERNALBASE.dll is generally for compatibility mode and I think 0xc06d007e as an Exception Code relates to Unknown Software (my Google Fu is failing me this morning). Could be a Registry conflict or missing entry for the game or one of it's dependencies maybe so I don't know if you've tried a Verify Integrity check through Steam. If none of that works add it to a list as I'm sure there will be countless others with need a bit a troubleshooting. Might be something as simple as needing a clean Install of the title through Steam (can't remember exactly what you need to delete to trigger that but I'm sure Jase will be along at some point).

Yeah, cache verification was the first thing I did. I'll try complete deletion and uninstallation of the various redistributables.

the WW3 already would have started if it wasn't working, no?

edited: Indiegala is giving away Orborun, but I have problems with their giveaways lately. Anybody is in the same boat? I'm not sure what they changed but sometimes nothing happens at all after captcha, sometimes I get suspicious activity error, sometimes it does work

I sometimes find the "I am not a Robot" just never shows when logging in.

I haven't got in again... as expected.

Keep trying. There were several I couldn't get into. In fact, the last few times I tried emailing Idea Factory to sign-up, I never got a response back at all, so this is something. Guess they just have random people overseeing the account, because it's not addressed from any one person.

My only reference point for this kind of genre is Hatoful Boyfriend, so I'll try it out and see how it goes.

Arthea

I sometimes find the "I am not a Robot" just never shows when logging in.

indiegala already knows we are robots? We weren't careful enough.

So far, I can login every time I try, only giveaways are glitched for me often lately.

Keep trying. There were several I couldn't get into. In fact, the last few times I tried emailing Idea Factory to sign-up, I never got a response back at all, so this is something. Guess they just have random people overseeing the account, because it's not addressed from any one person.

My only reference point for this kind of genre is Hatoful Boyfriend, so I'll try it out and see how it goes.

I assume it's my specs, they are probably too common and not interesting for IF, a pity really.
Oh well, I'll buy it, not the end of the world, still it would be nice to get into at least once, considering I buy all their games on steam. OTOH maybe that's why I never get in, why pick me if someone new can be hooked this way!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Metro for Steam 4.0

It's here and I hope it was worth the wait!

This is the beginning of a new chapter for Metro as we slowly but surely lift the skin from the depths of the stone age into a new era of modern goodness.

I plan on redesigning the entire website soon, but this mess of a hybrid will have to do for now.

Thanks for all of the feedback that went into shaping 4.0. I think this is something we can really be proud of! If you'd like to take part in the development of future releases or simply support the skin there are a couple of donation options available above (in addition to some non-monetary support options on the site like the CS:GO Workshop).

Enjoy!

bUaQY3v.jpg

Ban Puncher

This week time limit on spontaneously buying keys to trade with shady people off-site after drinking all day makes poor buying decisions impossible.

Bastards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom