• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxiLive

How does that work? Please, I need to know!

I believe it is still open, sign up here:

https://insider.windows.com/

You'll be beta testing the latest versions of Windows but you can go on the "slow" loop so you generally only update to the stable versions every 3+ months. This could also be disabled via some Windows Update trickery. Once signed up you'll be given a download link to get the latest ISO :)

Then you have a free copy of Windows 10! But Microsoft will be collecting some background data such as what UI elements you use, how often you use notifications and that type of thing. I'm not sure how much data they will be collecting these days but in the early preview they were tracking how often you used the start menu and certain apps.

All of this is confidential but it dpends how much you care about your privacy! I don't give a damn to be honest as they aren't tracking any personal details just usability of the OS.

Tizoc

That is some catalog
tumblr_nisdmkub2V1qlriuxo1_540.jpg

tumblr_inline_nja95w8ghP1s7ldsf.png

tumblr_inline_nja966Q1P51s7ldsf.png

tumblr_inline_nja96lCP0j1s7ldsf.png

I believe it is still open, sign up here:

https://insider.windows.com/

You'll be beta testing the latest versions of Windows but you can go on the "slow" loop so you generally only update to the stable versions every 3+ months. This could also be disabled via some Windows Update trickery. Once signed up you'll be given a download link to get the latest ISO :)

Then you have a free copy of Windows 10! But Microsoft will be collecting some background data such as what UI elements you use, how often you use notifications and that type of thing. I'm not sure how much data they will be collecting these days but in the early preview they were tracking how often you used the start menu and certain apps.

All of this is confidential but it dpends how much you care about your privacy! I don't give a damn to be honest as they aren't tracking any personal details just usability of the OS.
I joined, but it looks like the link is for regular version, is it supposed to be that way?
why can't you just upgrade for free like everybody else?
Mine is a KMS server activated Win 8.1 Enterprise, I can't upgrade for free.

man i want a monster gwent deck so bad, the ai is so good with it (although not good enough to beat me :p). those cards are just so rare to come by though, and even when you do find one to really take advantage of it like the ai does you need to have multiples of the same card. ah well, my deck is already beast and i win pretty much all the time, just got done spanking 3 people in a row at that party with triss.

All you need is an Freeze card to nullify close range and Monster decks are fucked. meh.

I'm still wrecking shit with my Northern Realms deck.

L.O.R.D

i know the Red Ash demo is super Pre alpha
but i can't stop laughing at this

4e0ad15f9c.gif

why did they release this demo ? are they that desperate ?
before they even start with the project , every kickstarters should make gameplay trailer
many indie developers do that
why the big guys doesn't do it ?

MaxiLive

I joined, but it looks like the link is for regular version, is it supposed to be that way?

Mine is a KMS server activated Win 8.1 Enterprise, I can't upgrade for free.

Hmmm, I'm not sure now as I joined as an Insider a good while ago but it does say "Soon, you'll be able to opt-in to get preview builds in the next wave of the program and make it even better. Watch for more details."

So I'm guessing it will be continuing so as long as you setup your Windows account with your Microsoft Insider account it should be fine :D

Ban Puncher

4e0ad15f9c.gif

before they even start with the project , every kickstarters should make gameplay trailer

7AqMvPj.gif

Well after about 4-5 hours of backing up, organizing and doing all sorts of crap with my files I finally got Windows 10 installed. I'm going to spend most of tomorrow doing compatibility tests on my games and programs, hopefully most everything will work.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Dear GrrImAFridge,

Someone has tried to log into your account on Grim Dawn Forums with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 81.89.96.89

All the best,
Grim Dawn Forums

How odd.

Edit: Well, whoever it was, was clearly unsuccessful:
You last visited: 09-23-2013 at 03:06 PM

Man, I want to love Mercenary Kings so much, but it's just not good enough. Too many infuriating design decisions, too much copying of Monster Hunter as faithfully as possible without really understanding it.

I really want to like it, I gave it several, honest shots, but this is it. Frustrating, repetitive. I'm done.
Yup

The game has potential but they completely messed up designing this game. Enemies should not be respawning, bosses should not leave you every 5 mins or so, and missions where you just go around collecting materials is so repetitive

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SaoirseRonan123
SaoirseRonan88
SaoirseRonan4eva
RonanRomance7777
Ireallylovesaoirseronan94

I'm getting close.

Time to change my LastPass master password. :p

Someone really wants to pose as you... on Grim Dawn's forms of all places. The IP resolves to a Tor Exit Router so more than likely some nefarious activity is a foot!

*cue eerie music*

dex3108

Notebook upgraded to Win 10 Home (from Win 7 Home Premium OEM) without issues. Only issue was language, upgrade detected default language that my notebook came with and i couldn't transfer any programs. Also i did upgrade manually with Media Creation Tool.

SSPssp

I finished LiS episode 4 and I love what they've done with the plot this episode. Things are really moving along. The dialogue somehow got worse but I can live with it as long as the payoff is there in episode 5.

DocSeuss

Laptop does NOT want to upgrade to win10.

Singularity appears not to have a problem with win10--I deleted it, redownloaded it, ran it, it failed. So I went into the redists and installed them all, then ran compatibility for XP SP3 + run as administrator.

While I was doing this, DAO: Ultimate wasn't working. One of the things they recommended was installing current AND legacy physx drivers. So I ran those.

Now Singularity works. DAO is still giving me trouble.

Thirty Flights of Loving runs perfectly fine on win8 laptop, still refuses to work on win10 desktop.

Sarcasm

Still waiting for my PC to upgrade...

Supposedly everything is ready, just waiting for it to actually start.

You can force it, I did a command that kicked it to install.

In command prompt I typed: wuauclt.exe /updatenow

If that doesn't work you need to delete some files or you can wait.

Haunted

Thanks for doing the testing and preliminary work on the W10 upgrade you guys. Compability issues with current and legacy games are my single biggest holdup for why I'm not opting in yet, it's great to collect that info and have it out there.

4e0ad15f9c.gif

Big guys can't spend ten months in their bedrooms creating a functional prototype of their upcoming game in their spare time, they have a team, they have overhead costs, salaries to pay etc.

That said, that Kickstarter was handled terribly and conceived out of a kind of bad place, so I won't cry if they don't make their goal. In fact, I think it would be a good sign that the system works as intended if they don't.

Arthea

Lucky! That makes me 0 for 3 now, the nep is not on my side.

we can make a club of Nep abandoned people.

edited: I decided that enough time passed to look at those day one WotS4 sales

Owners: 16,111 ± 2,973

http://steamspy.com/app/312780

It's not as bad as there was before, but considering price... it isn't too hot, it still can sell a lot with better discounts at later date as reviews are positive (Userscore: 81%).
Hopefully that won't give anybody ideas that such games don't sell.
I still want to play Yakuza on PC one day.

Maniac

Banned
The Ship Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too

header.jpg

t1438369200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Spirited
3 - Chariot
4 - The Red Wizard
Count me the fuck in. Granted I've finished my Windows re-install by then.

I used to be a dirty pirate, and now I'm having to re-install my W7 to another, lesser version of W7 to download and install W10. Going legit is such a hassle, pfft.

Damn shame I'll get W10 home, because screw auto updating. I'm sure there'll be a fix for that stuff eventually though.

The Ship Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too

header.jpg

t1438369200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Spirited
3 - Chariot
4 - The Red Wizard
5 - Maniac
6 - freshVeggie
7 - ExoSoul

I assume it's my specs, they are probably too common and not interesting for IF, a pity really.
Oh well, I'll buy it, not the end of the world, still it would be nice to get into at least once, considering I buy all their games on steam. OTOH maybe that's why I never get in, why pick me if someone new can be hooked this way!

I doubt it's that. I've emailed them twice before with the exact same system specs and never got a response back. Maybe they saw the WOTS4 review on my profile and figured I had a pretty good outreach. Regardless, just keep trying.

The game is interesting so far. I haven't had to sign an NDA, but I still emailed them to confirm my involvement and abidance of the testing rules.

Arthea

can we already talk about Japanese games sales decline and reasons, or is it too early?
We already had Ys6, we wanted to have on steam sell unexpectedly poorly, it actually is at 16K now too, but I was talking about day one sales.

And I am kinda afraid for Grandia 2, it being an old game and all.

btw: anybody knows how Ys6 sold on other platforms?

Lain

Let me put the Darkness II in that annoying category of FPS that force gamepads prompts on you even if you don't have a gamepad plugged in, and the only solution I've found on the Steam board tells me to disable the driver in device manager.

can we already talk about Japanese games sales decline and reasons, or is it too early?
We already had Ys6, we wanted to have on steam sell unexpectedly poorly, it actually is at 16K now too, but I was talking about day one sales.

I actually think Ys 6, as the first 3d Ys, plays really bad compared to Felgana and Origins and also feels really generic.

I think one of the reasons was maybe the upcoming Summer sale. It was releasing right before it and during the sale even though it got 50% off, maybe people wanna wait till its 66% off.

I also think maybe the Neptunia price kinda spoiled us. I mean you could get Neptunia for 15$ at release and the second one is sitting at about 75k for being out for just 2 months. Maybe Ys was just priced too high, compared to Neptunia. Same applies for Akibas Trip. Its sitting at about 18.000 and came out just one day before Neptunia. 27$ vs 15$...
I think both games actually (Neptunia/Akiba) have the same demographic, so I think the price is actually really important..

I mean look at Kiwami. 6000 Owners. No wonder when the game costs 60$...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom