• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

fertygo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (fertygo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Captain Morgane and the Golden Turtle -- MB-2CA7FCA2652EAC09 - Taken by Ventara. 4 entrants total.

t1438189172z1.png

For the new page.

Ruruja

I am trying to purchase The Swindle from GMG using the voucher 23PERC-ENTOFF-JULY15 and it keeps telling me its invalid. Is anyone else having trouble using the voucher for anything?

I think it's because it's already 15% off and you can't combine a voucher with a sale price.

EDIT: It seems the voucher works on some titles on sale, guess just not that one. :(

Phawx

*** xpost from indie thread***

My Quick Look on The Swindle:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpMHXKHIrVs

header.jpg

Quick Impressions: If you've played the developer's previous game, Gun Monkeys, you'll kind of have a brief yet outdated understanding of the "feel" of the game. It's largely the same but has been heavily tweaked making it far more responsive and, most importantly, appropriate for the setting.

The general gist of the game goes like this. Scotland Yard has a device that will offer complete surveillance and will be put into effect within 100 days. If it is employed, thievery won't be possible anymore. So you need to start getting money to get tools to pull off "The Swindle". You need to steal the device, the Devil's Basilisk.

You have 100 days. Each heist takes a day. Each Heist has a procedurally created building. (There can and will be times when loot will be seemingly caved in with no proper path, with which you'll need to use explosives or teleport into them) There is no permadeath. Dying will just make a new thief appear with all of your previous enhancements and money in the bank. Any money obtained on the mission will go away when dying as well as losing a day.

That's the setup. The game gets progressively harder in two ways. One is by gaining time and/or experience points. So the first level on the first day only has robot guards who can only *see* an intruder. But the first level on the tenth day will also have flying probes that cast their glance diagonally as well. The second level will introduce locked doors and beefier guards that require more than one hit to take down.

The game ramps up slowly in difficulty and produces a nice tutorial-like effect. Early on you have visual indicators that shows landing a jump produces a loud sound. There is a sneak button that, when held, landing a jump will produce no sound, however, you have a 2~ second inability penalty.

There is also two things that happen when you set off an alarm. One is guards will pick up any loose money laying on the ground and computers will start dumping their money to another location, preventing you from hacking it out. The second is an unseen timer that will unleash a fleet of the best guards Scotland Yard has to offer. Ones that will actually level a building to end you.

It feels very much like a Roguelike in that there are many of the same elements including new, kind of nonchalant items in newer levels that need to be learned before you fear them with all of your life. Like mines. Because, you know, mines are a totally reasonable defense system to protect your money.

Bottom Line: The Swindle takes some Rogue elements and some RPG elements and puts them into a Thiefy Steam Punk game. Very recommended.

Xeroblade

I think it's because it's already 15% off and you can't combine a voucher with a sale price.

EDIT: It seems the voucher works on some titles on sale, guess just not that one. :(

Thank you for your find. I guess I will just get it at the sale price no big deal.

You just have to set up a static IP from your router, very easy to do.

You don't lose internet connection permanently.

Sure, if you don't mind fucking up some of the core windows functions, such as win+s or win+f. Personally, those are deal breakers.

Using the x360ce workaround Knurek posted (discovered by Havel?) is a better option overall.

Phawx

I don't really want to do a clean install of Win10 on my work machine, anyone have any thoughts about doing the upgrade?

Edit: coming from win8

Can anyone please refer me to the tweet post about DX12 where it shows how DX12 gets access to all GPU cores while DX11 couldn't? I need it. It was posted on steam threads and other ones many times some months ago. Thank you.

Dsyndrome

I don't really want to do a clean install of Win10 on my work machine, anyone have any thoughts about doing the upgrade?

Edit: coming from win8

If you've got Nvidia drivers, at the very least, do a clean install of those once you're OS is installed. Everyone's getting botched drivers apparently once the upgrades done otherwise.

I can't risk having my laptop not be able to run Matlab and some other non-game programs right now, so I'm waiting a few weeks/months to do the upgrade myself.

Knurek

Windows 10 killed Valve servers?

Oh wow, AAA Ubisoft release on GOG!
Anno 1602, Albion, Archimedean Dynasty

Albion is amazing, get it folks!

All you need is an Freeze card to nullify close range and Monster decks are fucked. meh.

I'm still wrecking shit with my Northern Realms deck.

yea, which is why i always carry 2 freezes with me. northern deck is the one i use as well(thats the seige oriented one, right? cause thats the one i use), only have 2 leader variations i have no idea how to get more, but i'll most likely stay with the one i have (clear weather effects, that way i don't have to have a sunny day in my deck), maybe i'd try the variation that doubles the points in seige but like i said, got no idea how to get more

levious

That throwing stick stunt of yours has boomeranged on us.
NK defense force, in latter half of the thread.

I've seen several gaffers made the "blacks were treated better under slavery" remarks, and there is this gem, sometimes gaf can get really crazy.

Years ago we had a prominent member that defended the japanese internment camps during WW II. Spreading lies as well claiming no US citizens were forced into camps. I don't want to name him though as he shut up about it eventually.

Grief.exe

Sure, if you don't mind fucking up some of the core windows functions, such as win+s or win+f. Personally, those are deal breakers.

Using the x360ce workaround Knurek posted (discovered by Havel?) is a better option overall.

Those services should still function, but the online search functions will be disabled. I would prefer to just use Google anyways, but that decision will have to come down to a case by case basis. That's the great thing about PC, if something doesn't work for you there is generally another option.

For what it's worth the initial x360ce workaround wasn't working for me. It seems like we are getting closer and closer to a more permanent fix through the community, especially now that we have identified the main culprit.

Windows 10 killed Valve servers?

Oh wow, AAA Ubisoft release on GOG!
Anno 1602, Albion, Archimedean Dynasty

Albion is amazing, get it folks!

This is why GOG is so great, they actually seek out those classic games that aren't available digitally.

GaussTek

OMG, this is still coming out (next year, apparently):

It has been in development since 2010, and it looks awesome. It's a Metroidvania mixed with Monster World, according to dev:

Iconoclasts is an action-platformer with a heavy emphasis on puzzling level design. Not only do you beat up enemies, you beat your head against the puzzles, too. You solve your problems by screwing them up with your giant wrench, or simply blowing your way through with your modified stun-gun.

Since I was very young, I’ve wanted to make a game that mixes a bit of Metroid Fusion and Monster World IV; an action-filled adventure with a strong narrative, and also a bunch of world-building and discovery. I always loved the mix of charm and emotion in Final Fantasy IX and wanted a sprinkling of that feeling in the game’s characters, as well.

That was from the PS Blog article.

The game is now on Greenlight, so vote NOW!!

Edit. Damn, forgot to link the gameplay trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv0emKca_F8

Knurek

This is why GOG is so great, they actually seek out those classic games that aren't available digitally.

Nothing to do with GOG this time, as those are Ubisoft releases.
Really funny that Ubi doesn't consider GOG a competition and will gladly release their games exclusively on this platform.

Still need to buy GOG own releases. All of them so far have been amazing.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like it would be pretty bad if i won manpunchy's rat bats thingie without wishing manpunchy a happy birthday so happy birthday manpunchy

thread quality be damned!

Doesn't mean we have to like it, especially if it's for exclusive content.

no, just feel like it's a lost battle

like if ppl wanted to fight this it probably should've been fought like a million years ago lol

trying it out, it's pretty nice

nicer than crappy air at least

not sure if better than pressure, something about how pressure just clicks with me

Those services should still function, but the online search functions will be disabled. I would prefer to just use Google anyways, but that decision will have to come down to a case by case basis. That's the great thing about PC, if something doesn't work for you there is generally another option.

For what it's worth the initial x360ce workaround wasn't working for me. It seems like we are getting closer and closer to a more permanent fix through the community, especially now that we have identified the main culprit.

The problem in my experience is that win+s just stopped working -- and it was to a point where even right clicking the "start" button and selecting search (which had become extremely inconvenient by comparison to the shortcut) wasn't working -- and I tend to use win+s to navigate and open programs., especially after it becoming my crutch when I migrated to use windows 8 retail, as it was faster and easier than looking for where MS had hidden whatever I was looking for when they changed how things had worked from the win95 -> win7 era.

So for me, disabling the dhcp broke other services, which broke find and search... win+r worked, win+d worked, win+e worked (all useful shortcuts), but win+s and win+f (though win+f isn't nearly as useful to me as win+s) just stopped working. Re-enabling DHCP didn't work either... there was some windows network proxy error that just outright broke search, because microsoft doesn't expect anyone to disable the dhcp client directly, but rather just set a static IP in the first place so that the dhcp client isn't being actively used. It's their fault anyway, for just up and removing the application engine and changing how windows deals with dinput devices, but as I said, dealbreaker for me.

I had x360ce working in Dark Souls 2, you seemed to have it working in Ori (side note: the devs being ultra cool on Vulajin's speed run makes me want to install and try to get some of those missing achievements, mostly just so I can try that color change code out).

Frost is my favourite person in this thread.

Sarcasm reading is off the charts.

Parsnip

Rocket League owners: 509,812 ± 16,709

Looking at the graphs too, the growth is so incredibly steady too. It's just going to keep growing isn't it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Rejected artwork for Way of the Samurai 4 for next month's OP:

bIXo9RL.png

The Ship Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too

header.jpg

t1438369200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Spirited
3 - Chariot
4 - The Red Wizard
5 - Maniac
6 - freshVeggie
7 - ExoSoul

You know the feeling when you look at your library in image mode and scroll and scroll and you know there are tons of great games when you look at the pics but you can't decide and you scroll and scroll and you get exhausted and close Steam and don't know what to do but then you get the urge to play a game that makes you excited like you were when you played games as a kid and you open up the client but you feel lost and I don't know.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm happy with my new Dell ultrasharp monitor, aside from the backlight bleeding. Now I finally know what that looks like, because I can't miss it. In some points near the edges it's pretty apparant. For most games this is a non-issue, but in The Swapper for instance there are a lot of dark screens and it's pretty noticeable. I hear trying to switch it out isn't even worth it because they all have this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom