• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
You know the feeling when you look at your library in image mode and scroll and scroll and you know there are tons of great games when you look at the pics but you can't decide and you scroll and scroll and you get exhausted and close Steam and don't know what to do but then you get the urge to play a game that makes you excited like you were when you played games as a kid and you open up the client but you feel lost and I don't know.

lol what

yea, which is why i always carry 2 freezes with me. northern deck is the one i use as well(thats the seige oriented one, right? cause thats the one i use), only have 2 leader variations i have no idea how to get more, but i'll most likely stay with the one i have (clear weather effects, that way i don't have to have a sunny day in my deck), maybe i'd try the variation that doubles the points in seige but like i said, got no idea how to get more

I run with the Clear Weather Leader as well and rarely use weather cards unless playing against monster team because fuck them.

Dandilion + some commander horns + that skill that 2x strength of like units = rekt. If you get lucky with your pulls you can do some serious damage especially when you get the hero cards.

Northern Realms OP.

What are you all playing currently folks?

Pro Cycling Manager 2014. Played by exactly 0 of my friends and only owned by JaseC only. Woot.

GOTY contender Clicker Heroes... because my tries to play something else proved fruitless.

Yes. Yesssss. The play times for Clicker Heroes amongst my friends is fantastic. I'm so proud of you guys.

You know the feeling when you look at your library in image mode and scroll and scroll and you know there are tons of great games when you look at the pics but you can't decide and you scroll and scroll and you get exhausted and close Steam and don't know what to do but then you get the urge to play a game that makes you excited like you were when you played games as a kid and you open up the client but you feel lost and I don't know.

yeah.

Chariot

I feel ya, brother.

Grief.exe

I know that feeling well.

I just scroll through the library to see what games I want to play the most. Inevitably, I can list 10-15 that I want to play right now, and I realize I barely have the time to play one.

Should be able to wrap up Ori and Condemned quickly, then move on to other games.

Condemned
Ori
Xenoblade 3D
Counter-Strike

Rocket League owners: 509,812 ± 16,709

Looking at the graphs too, the growth is so incredibly steady too. It's just going to keep growing isn't it.

Awesome news.

zkylon

zkylewd
what often happens to me is that i have trouble finding the right game for the mood i'm at, specially cos i mostly have tons of srs indie games that are like mental/emotional draining so i often don't end up feeling like playing something demanding like that and it's not like i have many things to pick up and play for like half an hour and move on

been trying to make spelunky that game for me but not always easy

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

This reminds me of a book by Barry Schwartz called The Paradox of Choice. He argues that a multitude of decisions leads to overall unhappiness. One of the things I learned from this book is that the more you can narrow things down, the better. For example, you could use something like Depressurizer to organize all of your games into categories by genre. Now instead of having hundreds of games to choose from, you can instead choose what type of game you want to play.

Here's a TED talk he did on the subject, for anyone interested.

Deitus

Yes, I do know that feeling. I've been doing that for the past couple of weeks actually. It sucks.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Ngaim3n.jpg

ENYO Arcade

zkylon

zkylewd
This reminds me of a book by Barry Schwartz called The Paradox of Choice. He argues that a multitude of decisions leads to overall unhappiness. One of the things I learned from this book is that the more you can narrow things down, the better. For example, you could use something like Depressurizer to organize all of your games into categories by genre. Now instead of having hundreds of games to choose from, you can instead choose what type of game you want to play.

what does depressurizer use to organize your games?

for organization i've created a category for games i should play and another category for replayable gams like spelunky

that's pretty alright for me

Phawx

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Analysis_paralysis

Steam still having issues? I'm trying to add all of my downloaded games back to the steam folder, usually it just starts discovering the existing files but at the moment it's just hanging on "Creating local game cache files"

Edit: Fixed this, had to make Chrome my default browser again instead of Edge.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
what does depressurizer use to organize your games?

for organization i've created a category for games i should play and another category for replayable gams like spelunky

that's pretty alright for me

Depressurizer can categorize your games in Steam based on genre, features (for example, games with Steam Cloud), tags, release year, and user score.

derExperte

'I'm not in the mood' is just an excuse. Sit your ass down and start a game, any game, even if you think you don't want to play it right now. If it's good you'll have fun. That's how I got through almost 30 games in the last three weeks. Some were obviously already partially done and sure it's also a time thing but whining doesn't finish games. Playing them does. Btw closing in on the end of Marvelous Miss-Take.

Jawmuncher

'I'm not in the mood' is just an excuse. Sit your ass down and start a game even if you think you don't want to play it and if it's good you'll have fun. That's how I got through almost 30 games in the last three weeks. Some were obviously already partially done and sure it's also a time thing but whining doesn't finish games. Playing them does. Btw closing in on the end of Marvelous Miss-Take.

Agreed, a lot of times i'll not be in the mood. But once I start it's all good.

Phawx

poor veggie just trying to get some friendly compassion and ppl are telling him he's mentally ill

haha. I believe everyone is affected by this. I had a huge DVD collection and trying to find a movie to watch amongst friends was impossible when you had that much choice.

That sounds like a reasonable plan. Will try, thanks!
Surprisingly fitting. Maybe Expert is right and I should just do it. Start a game and see what happens.

Hektor

With all the issues, its not recommended to upgrade to WinX immediately?

Danganronpa.

Pillars of Eternity. Loving the game so much, it's gorgeous and really fun. It's also making me want to play Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale and Planescape Torment. Thank you very much zkylon for the giveaway!

I hope you do it right and play a stag-druid.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
how is it?

I have it sitting on my PS4. I asked a while back but folks seemed to be somewhat split on it

I'm playing on PS4 as well because it was on sale. I've just started. It feels kinda clunky because you can only hold one item at a time and you have to run constantly since walking is very slow. And you have to up the sensitivity on everything. But I'll stick with it, it's looking like a slow and atmospheric puzzler. I'll give more impressions as I progress.

But after that I'm done with puzzlers for a while and I'm moving on to Woolly World

Annubis

Personally, I'd love to be able to make sub categories inside categories.
That way I could split each game type between finished or not yet.

Miguel81

Batman Arkham Origins. Finished the main campaign, suffered through a day of 'WBID busy', and now back onto New Game plus and challenge rooms.

It does suck being indecisive when going through a list of games to play. Happens often in my case.

Jawmuncher

That cross platform patch needs to happen for parties. I would love to play some rocket league with SteamGAF. Had a 9-0 game last night.

Kyougar

guys, I have a problem with installing games on steam.
When i try to install, nothing happens after the window with "preparing to install" opens. :/

Maniac

Banned

Yup, I know the feeling; it's why I don't play any god damn videogames, I just buy the damn things.

I just give up and play FTL or Broforce.

Good Lord. Good Lord. This TED talk is so painfully on point.

Now it makes sense why I had so much fun back as a kid playing at best "mediocre" games and having such a blast.
How are you people with several thousand games having still the same fun?

Such a good talk which I totally recommend. Gonna set up Depressurizer.

Now it makes sense why I had so much fun back as a kid playing at best "mediocre" games and having such a blast.

Can't this be done manually though, without program?

Now I know why I played stuff like the Marine Sharpshooter series, or the two Mortyr games and enjoyed them.

Way of the Samurai 4. Best 30 hours I've spent since Witcher 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom