• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Am I right in saying that the new Steam Account Details page update has made it a fuck ton easier to actually change what country you are in and thus what Steam Store you get, allowing you to change whenever?

To add to what derExperte said, the store region option works as follows: you're given up to two choices, one based on your current IP and another based on the region within which you last completed a purchase. If the two are one and the same (e.g. you have US IP and you last purchased something in the US), then obviously you'll only see the one choice.

If so, I wonder what happens with region locked games bought in one region and then used in a different country?

Well, say, Russian users can still play their new games outside of Eastern Europe unless the sub itself has a runtime-level restriction (e.g. Black Flag). Valve's changes to cross-region trading apply only to gift copies, but they don't apply to users within that same region -- e.g. a Russian user could gift a fellow Russian a copy of, say, FF Type-0 HD which could be activated without a runtime-level restriction because no cross-region trading took place.

That all being said, Valve implementing the new store region system earlier in the year had what, at this point, I can only assume is a known side-effect of breaking pre-existing runtime-level restrictions as I can still install Duck Dynasty without the aid of a VPN even though the sub is set up to disallow Australian IPs from the running the game and it most definitely would not install before.

Indiegala has a new bundle up:

$1:

Arsenal of Democracy
Knights of Pen and Paper +1

$2.89

Ancient Space
Darkest Hour
Knights of Pen and Paper Haunted Fall DLC
Warlock II
Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas

$9

Crusader Kings 2 + Old Gods DLC + Sunset Invasion DLC

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I need to restart Life is Strange soon, during episode 2 I did something which crashed the game and corrupted my save file. I was only half-way through episode 2, the part after
you meet the guy after helping Chloe with shooting the gun
, but the thing is, I play Life is Strange so sloooowly. There's a lot you can do, and in games like this, I go into slow, "Talk to everyone, observe everything, rewind and experience every dialog chain," mode. I streamed episode 1 and until I got corrupted in episode 2. Episode 1 took me over 6 hours to beat due to the way I was playing it. Before it crashed, I was near four hours into episode 2. I was teasing the chat when I would upload the videos eventually to YT I am probably going to have the longest LP of the game, I'll have something like a 30-hour long LP of Life is Strange.

But the main point is, what you need to do in the games is rather quick, I think you could probably beat the episodes in less than an hour if you really set your mind to it. But there's so much to do and explore, like there is so much you don't -need- to do that you can do, a lot to dig into, and I think digging into it an enjoying the game like that is one of the best ways to do it. Okay, maybe not rewinding time and seeing every dialog option, but just exploring and taking in everything. The game has an interesting world, more interesting for me as I live in Oregon and know a few references and the town that Arcade Bay is loosely based off of. Even with some questionable 'hip' dialog, I like the characters, writing, story, and I think the way they're doing choice and their systems is a big innovation from what I've played to slate it up to be one of the best episodic story games ever.

I need to replay episode 1 and finish episode 2 soon, but oui.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I need to replay episode 1 and finish episode 2 soon, but oui.

Insert the shialabeoufdoit.gif here.

Seriously it's a great game and also worthy of multiple playthroughs.

zkylon

zkylewd
Yep I enjoyed doom as well. Oddly enough I enjoy a lot of the "bad" video game movies since they're so goofy and fun.
i think i only watched that one and tomb raider

tomb raider was super boring and doom was bad in fun having way which at least i can sort of appreciate

now if someone made gone home: the movie...

If Sakura Clicker means more monster girls on Steam then I'm okay with this.

U8721VM9p9C2v1o6cKJ4qEnGqnE7IoTQgZI-VTdwyTBeimAcIoxXpgK8bPeslY9pPJIvB5IWW2-452kaM8heLSRgleGBorJJw-94b6Ys1eOrCg8jvOJAUWHnHULQ0DLEcOepkgZkPJYrJBuix81M6o8FD59jVuJC4WEEXw

all the people waiting to play LiS need to start so they can join us in the agony of waiting for ep 5

no.

i'll wait.

I know it's been down to 7.50 at times but I don't buy episodic games until it's all out. I just don't have the memory for that type of stuff to hold for weeks.

as an example, i bought bayonetta 2 yesterday. Now, i love bayonetta 1 and yet I loaded bayo2 and realized that i remembered almost nothing from the first game. Like, i remember something about witches and stuff but i don't even remember what the hell happened at the end or throughout that game.

so yeah, rather play it all together so that i dont feel stupid when i get to the next episode

zkylon

zkylewd
im gonna get on a three episode marathon weekend as soon as i get a new videocard (this videocard thing is sadly a meme for my life right now lol) so i can complain about lis' dumb writing

hope there's more victoria at least

beaing mean to her was fun

MUnited83

For you.
Indiegala has a new bundle up:

$1:

Arsenal of Democracy
Knights of Pen and Paper +1

$2.89

Ancient Space
Darkest Hour
Knights of Pen and Paper Haunted Fall DLC
Warlock II
Warlock II: Wrath of the Nagas

$9

Crusader Kings 2 + Old Gods DLC + Sunset Invasion DLC
This is actually pretty good. Will be picking it up for Ancient Space and Warlock 2 DLC when this goes on Happy Hour and I can grab it for <1.5$

derExperte

I got Warlock 2 through a price mistake on Amazon for $5 right at release. Felt good. Never played it. Feels bad.

And I'm starting to understand why only 3% completed Marvelous Miss-Take. Those timed lasers combined with the dogs, man. I'm close to quitting. Performance is shitty too, a well known problem that was never fixed.

Teggy

And I'm starting to understand why only 3% completed Marvelous Miss-Take. Those timed lasers combined with the dogs, man. I'm close to quitting. Performance is shitty too, a well known problem that was never fixed.

It is hard - I'm only on chapter 2 and it is getting tough.

Wok

This year, I have been buying a lot fewer indie bundles and a lot more expensive games instead. Reasons include: 1) I ususally don't play indie games that I get from bundles these days, 2) Steam Refund system entices me to try expensive games.

So far, for more than 20 euros each:
  • Shenmue III
  • MGS V: TPP
  • GTA V
  • Infinifactory
  • Ori and the Blind Forest

I am quite satisfied with the latter 3.

zkylon

zkylewd
i actually like the wait in episodic games like lis

gives ppl time to discuss the game and get hype and excited and be like FUCK YOU DEVELOPERS FOR ENDING THIS ON A CLIFFHANGER which i kind of enjoy as a person that doesn't generally care much about plot lol

it makes it more than a game into like an "event" or something

tho same happens with like the souls games and bio infinite so it's not just an episodic thing, i jsut think it lends itself really well to that constant conversation

like game of thrones or whatever, i really enjoy the conversations more than the actual show

performance hasn't been a problem for my videocardless machine (only turned off aa i think), but yeah, those fucking dogs really tried my patience

i keep meaning to get back to it cos i really liked it early on, but now i gotta do a couple missions with the other characters and i'm not that big a fan of them

no.

i'll wait.

I know it's been down to 7.50 at times but I don't buy episodic games until it's all out. I just don't have the memory for that type of stuff to hold for weeks.

as an example, i bought bayonetta 2 yesterday. Now, i love bayonetta 1 and yet I loaded bayo2 and realized that i remembered almost nothing from the first game. Like, i remember something about witches and stuff but i don't even remember what the hell happened at the end or throughout that game.

so yeah, rather play it all together so that i dont feel stupid when i get to the next episode
well i would say its not the same, bayo barely makes any sense most of the time lol

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game -- MB-1F80E40BE9CD5695 - Taken by Belgarion
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-8494BC78C518084D - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo

well i would say its not the same, bayo barely makes any sense most of the time lol

haha, true

but the one time i tried to do this was with TWD season one and i had issues recalling things from episode to episode. and when i played TWAU in a week it was not only a better experience but cheaper, too.

So i just know myself enough to realize that ill get to LiS when it's all out.

Hey look, there's a field... and there's another field... and another field.

It's very scenic. It's just like the scene from... Manos: The Hands of Fate! (starts crying)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'm just sitting here waiting for the Magic:The Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers: Origins' depot to be put on the store so I can wishlist it until it actually FUCKING RELEASES.

Yep... just sitting here, been waiting what feels like 10 years.

*skeleton.gif*

zkylon

zkylewd
haha, true

but the one time i tried to do this was with TWD season one and i had issues recalling things from episode to episode. and when i played TWAU in a week it was not only a better experience but cheaper, too.

So i just know myself enough to realize that ill get to LiS when it's all out.

yeah it's up to each, i have really really bad memory for plot in like movies and stuff but actually pretty sharp one in the week-to-week or episodic stuff and i kind of like the whole "ohhh yeah tomato person slept with that other potato person" or "right forgot potato got betrayed" or whatever lol

i played all of twd season 1 straight cos i got it gifted after it was over and it felt kind of awkward i think

anyways, i like the pauses, too bad i couldn't play any episodes past 1

also the bayo lore is pretty cool if u sink deep into it, i remember reading this article on how bayo was taking from real world feminist witches stuff that i can't remember for the life of me but that was pretty cool to see. and like there's tons of writing on all the enemies and crap, it's great. it's just that the cutscenes are too hilarious to appreciate anythign else lol

Nzyme32

To add to what derExperte said, the store region option works as follows: you're given up to two choices, one based on your current IP and another based on the region within which you last completed a purchase. If the two are one and the same (e.g. you have US IP and you last purchased something in the US), then obviously you'll only see the one choice.

Well, say, Russian users can still play their new games outside of Eastern Europe unless the sub itself has a runtime-level restriction (e.g. Black Flag). Valve's changes to cross-region trading apply only to gift copies, but they don't apply to users within that same region -- e.g. a Russian user could gift a fellow Russian a copy of, say, FF Type-0 HD which could be activated without a runtime-level restriction because no cross-region trading took place.

That all being said, Valve implementing the new store region system earlier in the year had what, at this point, I can only assume is a known side-effect of breaking pre-existing runtime-level restrictions as I can still install Duck Dynasty without the aid of a VPN even though the sub is set up to disallow Australian IPs from the running the game and it most definitely would not install before.

Cheers for the concise answer!

Last year's TI concurrent view record already beaten by 3x, on the 3rd day of the group stages lol. ~6m cc viewers.

Last year Valve said cc was well over 2m.

Nzyme32

Last year's TI concurrent view record already beaten by 3x, on the 3rd day of the group stages lol. ~6m cc viewers.

Damn. How did you find that out? I assumed it would be messy with all the different ways to watch

Edit - lol, just realised the main event hasn't started yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom