• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
got these 2 things for free recently

FA3QFtQ.jpg

think I mentioned the laptop before. It's an old HP Pavilion dv5
now I can play Isaac Rebirth on trips bby. will probably install win 10 on the HP today

Watch the screen on the HP. The bezel WILL start cracking on you because of the way it's made. Basically don't open it from the front, use both hands on both sides so you don't stress the hinges.

Corpekata

Banned
Didn't know Hitman Go was on Windows 10 PC. Neat, kinda wanted to check it out. Probably won't buy it now, but glad to have the option at least.

Salsa

Watch the screen on the HP. The bezel WILL start cracking on you because of the way it's made. Basically don't open it from the front, use both hands on both sides so you don't stress the hinges.

noted. to be fair it's had years of use and none of that happened yet. Think my sister (who gave it to me when it stopped booting) has used it daily since 2010 or so

when assembling it back the keyboard got placed weird and it kinda pops off a bit now, like if I press on the number keys the whole keyboard moves down

wonder if that'll bother. guess there's a space for dust inside now

but im too lazy

it is a pretty nice laptop tho. too bad about the battery life, but when I first got it I figured i'd just use it for weird experiment stuff but I can honestly get daily use out this thing as long as the power plug's with me.

Salsa

Didn't know Hitman Go was on Windows 10 PC. Neat, kinda wanted to check it out. Probably won't buy it now, but glad to have the option at least.

im surprised they didnt put it on Steam yet. I finished it on my phone a while back, its the best Hitman game in years

noted. to be fair it's had years of use and none of that happened yet. Think my sister (who gave it to me when it stopped booting) has used it daily since 2010 or so

when assembling it back the keyboard got placed weird and it kinda pops off a bit now, like if I press on the number keys the whole keyboard moves down

wonder if that'll bother. guess there's a space for dust inside now

but im too lazy

it is a pretty nice laptop tho. too bad about the battery life, but when I first got it I figured i'd just use it for weird experiment stuff but I can honestly get daily use out this thing as long as the power plug's with me.
Eh, maybe mine was just bad but, the top of the hinges lay in between the screen and bezel and eventually cracked it to hell, lasted 2010-2013. But I did use it to play older games and VNs

Caerith

I got it for free* a while back and it's really good. I really loved the aesthetic of it, and the puzzles are rather clever. I'm looking forward to Lara Croft Go, and even kinda thinking about seeing the movie adaptation**.

Installed the Amazon Android app, didn't use it, Amazon sent me a note reading "please use our app" and $20 credit.

The upcoming Hitman movie is clearly meant to be an homage to Hitman Go, or why else would the acting be so wooden?

All the people waiting for episode 5 to be out before they even start will be spoiled to hell and back by the general internet out there, and they won't be able to play it before this happens, since you need 2-4 days per episode.

I've lived off movie spoilers for years. It doesn't bother me one bit. I'll play it for the experience, not the story.

MUnited83

For you.
All the people waiting for episode 5 to be out before they even start will be spoiled to hell and back by the general internet out there, and they won't be able to play it before this happens, since you need 2-4 days per episode.

I managed to avoid spoilers until now, and I doubt I will ever be spoiled. It will be fine. Either way, spoilers don't really bother me, so eh.

Two separate things, in my mind. I knew the full story of FF7 years before playing it, and it didn't diminish my hype for it one bit.
I agree with this. I knew the plot twists and spoilers of many things before i watched/played them, yet never felt like my experience was lesser because of that.

Hektor

Two separate things, in my mind. I knew the full story of FF7 years before playing it, and it didn't diminish my hype for it one bit.

I honestly wouldnt be able to enjoy the game if i would have known beforehand that chloe is in reality shalashaskas clone from outer space.

I love my Surface Pro 2 but I do wish it could play modern games. Of course I'd rather have the size and tablet convenience than the ability to play games at a fraction of what my desktop does.

Bought King's Quest, glad it seems to have turned out well.

I honestly wouldnt be able to enjoy the game if i would have known beforehand that chloe is in reality shalashaskas clone from outer space.

In some games, knowing ruins it for me, and in some games, knowing creates this hype to see and experience it for myself.

I prefer going blind though! Don't like getting spoiled.

According to some posts on the W10 thread in Off-topic. Upgrade FIRST, to activate windows, then you can clean install. Seems some people get errors or get stuck since it ask for a W10 key.
thinking.gif

derExperte

According to some posts on the W10 thread in Off-topic. Upgrade FIRST, to activate windows, then you can clean install. Seems some people get errors or get stuck since it ask for a W10 key.
thinking.gif

Well yes, that's what MS has always said you should do because only then W10 gets registered to your account or something.

Turfster

So Win10 just installs right over Win7/8.1 without any hassle?

It's been nothing but hassle for me, because Microsoft is retarded and tries to put everything on my almost full SSD, ignoring the half a terra free on the other fucking drives... and then it keeps failing FOR MYSTERIOUS REASONS NO SHIT.
You also can't symlink the directory, because the stupid tool deletes the whole directory every time is starts over.

I managed to avoid spoilers until now, and I doubt I will ever be spoiled. It will be fine. Either way, spoilers don't really bother me, so eh.

I agree with this. I knew the plot twists and spoilers of many things before i watched/played them, yet never felt like my experience was lesser because of that.

I feel that my experience will be slightly lesser but I'll still enjoy it. I knew about KOTOR's plot and even Empire Strikes Back but I was still caught up in the moments and enjoyed seeing them myself.

hey man Isaac is New 3DS only

gotta do what you gotta do

edit: BTW Smash toruney mode coming to 3DS version on July 31st. we in there steamgaf

My body is ready. I hope that it comes out early in the day because I'm not working and I want to check out Hyrule Castle.

KingBroly

Banned
Upgraded to Windows 10 and Steam is giving me a headache today. It feels like Valve didn't update it for Windows 10 yet.

Here are some of my issues right now:
- In BPM, it says my resolution/window size are 1536x864, despite both being 1080p before
- In System information, it says my monitor 32 inches yet it's 40
- It says I have 1 GB of Video Memory despite having 4
- The Steam App doesn't scale properly to W10, so everything is too big on screen even at its' smallest size.

This is on top of all of the Nvidia driver issues I had earlier today.

Nzyme32

I know it's directed at Wok but I feel compelled to chime in as well. :p

A few lesser known games I'm looking forward to this year:

Donut County
Samorost 3
Framed - This will be a port of an iOS game from last year that ended up being one of my favorite games of 2014.

Awesome. Donut County looks exceptionally interesting. I will definitely keep an eye on that one. Love the trailer music too, so will check the artists out

My Steam profile says that I have 965 games. Zestiria marks the PC debut of one of my favourite game series so that has to be number 1000. I need 34 games in less than 3 months. I think that the real challenge will be not redeeming bundle keys once I get to 999.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom