• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarcasm

It's been nothing but hassle for me, because Microsoft is retarded and tries to put everything on my almost full SSD, ignoring the half a terra free on the other fucking drives... and then it keeps failing FOR MYSTERIOUS REASONS NO SHIT.
You also can't symlink the directory, because the stupid tool deletes the whole directory every time is starts over.

There is a media downloadable that you can use to get a USB bootable or an iso image.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
YtiDUgI.jpg

Professor Teaches Windows 10

I just decided I was done with Saints Row the 3rd. I did everything I wanted to do apart from finishing Sad Panda Skyblazing. The second one was too frustrating. Trafficking was my favorite activity after Professor Genki. I didn't realize Rob Van Dam was voicing Bobby but I did recognize Hulk Hogan as Angel. What a coincidence to play it this week, huh?

I have to say I like Saints Row 2 better than 3rd. While 3rd had the nice set pieces, great acting, and streamlined things like having to walk through your cribs to access certain things, I liked 2 better for the map, neighborhoods, and customization.

Deleted it.

Jawmuncher

Just finished up all of the story levels in Lego Jurassic World. All in all, it was a fun time for a Jurassic Park fine. The newest patch seemed to eliminate the glitches people were experiencing at launch. So I had no issues my entire playthrough, as for the port itself it works just fine. Played at Max, 1080p, Locked 60fps with ease. So with all of that out of the way i'll talk about the game itself. The gameplay here is fun, but nothing too different from previous lego games. You go through the stages with multiple characters, collect studs, and build items to over come obstacles. It's perfect for a kick back and relax kind of game, or if you want something locally that anyone can play. The humor here is the real attraction for the campaign though. I laughed quite a few times with the nice touches they added to scenes, and inside jokes for fans of the series. Took me 12 hours to complete the story, though rushing through the main story could probably do that in half the time. The surprising thing is after completing the game there is still free play. Where you can explore all the games open worlds and collect more dinosaurs and characters. Which you can take back into the story mode to unlock more stuff. There's quite a good bit of content here for completionists. So much so that i'll be going back to it for all the achievements in the future. All in all I obviously recommend it especially if it goes on the typical lego sale.

Sch1sm

I tried that several times and it won't work
I even deleted the files from the update folder

Worked for myself. Pretty sure Se7en used it, too. No idea why it didn't in your case. Did you go check for updates after in Windows Update?

6IIF4r6.png

Finally finished categories.

I only have 4 categories:

Beta
Multiplayer
Focus
Finished

"APPARENTLY GOOD BUT WHO KNOWS" lol. Start on the paused ones already, Veggie.

Worked for myself. Pretty sure Se7en used it, too. No idea why it didn't in your case. Did you go check for updates after in Windows Update?

Yeah, I have.

I followed this:

https://www.reddit.com/r/windows/comments/3eyrre/fix_for_the_80240020_error_when_trying_to_install/

1. Go into "C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download" and delete everything in that folder.
2. Now, run the command prompt as an administrator. Type in "wuauclt.exe /updatenow".
3. Go to your Control Panel > Windows Update and your Windows 10 should start re-downloading from scratch, hopefully without flaws this time.
I did step 2 and 3 first, but my installation failed as there was some leftover data which resulted in it not updating on its own, so I followed again from step one and it worked.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
They don't? My game count actually went up by two the moment I bought Type-0. I have no idea why. I didn't activate anything else today.

I've noticed that sometimes they do and sometimes -- well, most of the time -- they don't. I bought FF and Armikrog yesterday morning as part of larger purchase, but my game count was only affected by the apps that were already accessable. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

derExperte

Windows 10, kinda like 8, but with a start menu and smaller window bezels.
I... kinda like it? so far?

Some of the UI inconsistencies are bad and much worse than in 8. Like what someone here posted about the right click menus but there's much more, like when you open or close a modern app the window doesn't animate like everything else. Or the shadow of the right click menus is old and different from those of windows. And old option windows now look really bad with random shades of grey everywhere. They need to do an update where they only concentrate on that stuff. Finally I don't like the removal of colors in title bars. Uncool.

The "expensive price" is true though in China. I know some people who pay 500$ for a PS4, but no "normal" Chinese would buy one for that price and then pay 50$ for a game.

The regionlock refers to the Xbox One. When it was released in China, it had a regionlock, so only Chinese games can be played on it. They removed it though.

Caerith

site looks like pretty legit but

7T5Pbmx.png

this just gives a really creepy vibe

Launch titles will include a totally awesome game by that guy who posts on the steam forums that games made in rpgmaker aren't real games and he can totally make something better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom