• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dsyndrome

Just over 300 other games worked without issue.
Skyrim, Xwing, and Max Payne 2 are some still installed for me. Though not imperative since I have massive gaming ADD, I'd like to have them work once I do install.

Witcher 3, The New Order, Alien:I, and Arkham Origins: them be dealbreakers though.

Also, damn. That's a lot of testing done quickly!

zkylon

zkylewd
so is upgrading better than a clean install on win10?

i just installed win8.1 like a month ago so it's not too full with stuff but i think i might do a clean install anyways, maybe

i just wonder if everything will work, photoshop, blender, flashdevelop etc.

Soulflarz

Banned

i just installed win8.1 like a month ago so it's not too full with stuff but i think i might do a clean install anyways, maybe

I upgraded, seems fine?

Note, upgraded on my non gaming PC (read: my laptop)

I upgraded (non-clean install) in my gaming laptop, no problems at all.

All my programs work without any issue, so far.

BadRamen

Clean install is finally supposedly just if you have extra time to burn with upgrade actually being relatively clean and easy to boot.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I upgraded (non-clean install) in my gaming laptop, no problems at all.

All my programs work without any issue, so far.

Same here.

Parsnip

I haven't had any issues on the games I've played on Win10, but I haven't really done super duper wide testing or anything.

I find RE2 to pale in comparison to RE3. By like a whole lot actually.

They should combine 2 and 3 into one remake, since they share assets and locations and the timeline. Re2ident 3vil REMAKE.

They should also go back to Julia Voth's face for Jill.

DocSeuss

I fixed Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Required going into the ini and changing stuff as detailed here.

I am NOT sure why upgrading to Windows 10 made this a problem. It was not a problem when I played Fallout 3 on this same computer two days ago.

Skyrim, on further testing, seems to work just fine. I launched it via SKSE instead and it worked fine.

I'm happy to take requests for games to test, though I might miss 'em so tweet or PM me. If I have the game, I'll check it out.

I didn't do any long tests on anything, just made sure the games ran and stuff.

Skyrim, Xwing, and Max Payne 2 are some still installed for me. Though not imperative since I have massive gaming ADD, I'd like to have them work once I do install.

Witcher 3, The New Order, Alien:I, and Arkham Origins: them be dealbreakers though.

Also, damn. That's a lot of testing done quickly!

I tested all four of those (Witcher 3 is GoG). They work.

Jazz573

Is that a Grisaia Spinoff?

Yes, and it's all-ages too. Avoid it for now tho, since it has spoilers for the main series, and a not so great translation. Frontwing didn't feel like waiting any longer for it to be translated, so they found someone other than SP to do it, and it suffers for it. SP plans on doing their own much better translation, after they finish Meikyuu and Rakuen. It's still published by SP tho.

Yes, and it's all-ages too. Avoid it for now tho, since it has spoilers for the main series, and a not so great translation. Frontwing didn't feel like waiting any longer for it to be translated, so they found someone other than SP to do it, and it suffers for it. SP plans on doing their own much better translation, after they finish Meikyuu and Rakuen. It's still published by SP tho.

oh good to know , will wait then :p

zkylon

zkylewd
my worry for win10 is drivers for my onboard card have been hard enough to find for win8.1 (i'm using win8 drivers, actually, and photoshop runs wonky as hell), i bet there's not gonna be any for win10 for a while

new videocard can't come soon enough ;_;

Mouse isn't working at all in Win10 idtech4 games like Quake 4 and Prey.

Unreal Tournament 2004 and Unreal 2 don't work unless windowed.

Max Payne and Max Payne 2 need to be windowed as mentioned earlier.

Hitman: Blood Money runs and then quits. Says it can't find Steam.

Autonomous and Black Lake prototypes from Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight don't have a working mouse.

Thirty Flights of Loving crashes on startup.

HAWX 2 mouse won't work.

Star Wars X-Wing Special Edition runs, won't go full screen, won't exit, have to kill via task manager.

Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, and Fallout 3 mouse won't work. Windows 10 popped up an error for Fallout 3, but not New Vegas or Skyrim.

How about Elder Scrolls Online?
Anyone tried it yet on Win10?

madjoki

Wasn't Warlock II the game that Gamersgate accidentally released for $1 when it was new? Now in a bundle. :(

It was $5 and Amazon. Also now removed "great mage" edition, not base game only.

Gamersgate had relaunch edition for free, but keys were revoked. It had free DLC not in great mage and can't be bought separately. :(

Autonomous and Black Lake prototypes from Double Fine Amnesia Fortnight don't have a working mouse.

HAWX 2 mouse won't work.

Star Wars X-Wing Special Edition runs, won't go full screen, won't exit, have to kill via task manager.

Fallout New Vegas, Skyrim, and Fallout 3 mouse won't work. Windows 10 popped up an error for Fallout 3, but not New Vegas or Skyrim.

HAWX 2 mouse won't work.

yup, i have been on this case even when in preview.MS knows about the issue,also framerates are lower on the same machine compared to windows 7.luckily the feedback app will remain and they can always fix these issues. here is a link, if you dont mind please give it votes to raise awareness even more.
https://windows.uservoice.com/forum...he-frame-rate-issue-that-has-been-in-since-wi

Jazz573

Part 2 is also up.

why cant i hold all these visual novels

You might want to look at this first:

Because they are bad visual novels?
Not Sakura XXX levels bad, but still - not that very good.
(Where's mah Muv-Luv Alt?)

You're not seriously saying the Grisaia series is bad, are you? Because a large portion of people would greatly disagree with you.

MUnited83

For you.
Right now, I doubt very many would be interested at any price, to be honest.
Its the best price its going to be for a while, and one will eventually get a decent version out of it :p. Anyhow, the NVIDIA codes are close to expiring soon so I can hook SteamGaffers with it before that happens.

The Ship Steamgaf euro night, murricans are welcome too

header.jpg

t1438369200z0.png

1 - NingenJanai
2 - Spirited
3 - Chariot
4 - The Red Wizard
5 - Maniac
6 - freshVeggie
7 - ExoSoul

ESO works just fine for me. I'm not noticing any improvement, not that I'm looking for it. But it doesn't run any worst than before I upgraded so I'm fine with that.

Well at least it runs on it, that's what matter. :D
Glad to hear that, thanks!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

This new RPG maker title looks pretty nice and polished.
I'm loving the character arts and in-game animation from the trailer. Looks like it's indeed a Japanese developed game, so I guess that explains a lot. I hate those half-assed "anime" games that are developed by western devs. If you want to make an anime themed game, at least hire proper anime artists.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom