• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

freedom planet -- MB-50571F17376D7EB4 - Taken by Anteater

L.O.R.D

OUueJg4.jpg

CAN'T BELIEVE HE THOUGHT THAT PC IS A CONSOLE !

You think you've got a Windows 10 upgrade horror story? How about having 7 failed updates, then perform a Refresh, go back to Win 8 (yes 8 not 8.1), then download 145 updates, then upgrade to 8.1, then find out Windows Update is a massive pile of shit and have to dism required updates like it's fucking Linux or something, then have another failed update before finally Windows 10 got installed. Other machine was hassle free so no idea what caused that convoluted process.

Fingers crossed News Bot or cvxfreak back you up or... well I'm sure the men in white coats will be along soon :p
Do a clean install and be done with it.

Uzzy

You think you've got a Windows 10 upgrade horror story? How about having 7 failed updates, then perform a Refresh, go back to Win 8 (yes 8 not 8.1), then download 145 updates, then upgrade to 8.1, then find out Windows Update is a massive pile of shit and have to dism required updates like it's fucking Linux or something, then have another failed update before finally Windows 10 got installed. Other machine was hassle free so no idea what caused that convoluted process.

Sounds terrible. This is why I'm not upgrading my main rig for a few weeks/months. My laptop is currently at home in the process of upgrading though.

Apparently, there's a preorder for a Groupees bundle (Carlmageddon 2) going up sometime today. 6 games, and supposedly none of them are bundle repeats.

Annubis

You're not seriously saying the Grisaia series is bad, are you? Because a large portion of people would greatly disagree with you.

A bit late but I'll chime on this.
Grisaia isn't bad per se, but it is ungodly wordy.
75% of the textual content could be cut without affecting the story.
There's so much fluff you end up forgetting what is going on.
I pity the translator who had to translate everything only to realize it's nearly all useless text.

Seanspeed

Banned
Is Steam really low resolution for you guys in Windows 10?

It also asks me for permission for Steam to make changes to my computer every single damn time I launch it.

derExperte

Indiegala Insunity bundle got an extension. Last game still missing.

It also asks me for permission for Steam to make changes to my computer every single damn time I launch it.

No, nothing has changed. What's your desktop resolution? Maybe there's some funky up/downscaling happening.

It was the usual look. I just adjusted the display setting from 125% to 100% and it looks better to me now. Didn't like the default 125% size for everything.

I don't get asked for any changes to be made.

derExperte

Nope, it's okay here. Also if it's like Win 8.1, you need to change the security option so Windows won't ask you a permission everytime you boot Steam, if you have an antivirus installed and you don't install garbage on your PC, you can remove that option totally (there are different levels).

You mean UAC? I never had to change that and I don't recommend doing so, has nothing to do with purposefully installing garbage.

Seanspeed

Banned
Nope, it's okay here. Also if it's like Win 8.1, you need to change the security option so Windows won't ask you a permission everytime you boot Steam, if you have an antivirus installed and you don't install garbage on your PC, you can remove that option totally (there are different levels).
I don't have any anti-virus software installed. I just browse with some common sense, do a monthly scan, and I've only had to clean up anything once over the past two years.

It was the usual look. I just adjusted the display setting from 125% to 100% and it looks better to me now. Didn't like the default 125% size for everything.

I don't get asked for any changes to be made.
Ah ok yea, that's it. Had mine at 125% otherwise everything is way too small.

Fucking great.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yep, UAC. I would enable it, but as Seanspeed said, if I leave it on, Steam and all softwares I have installed ask me permissions everytime.
Is there a way to give permissions to some specific softwares so I can enable UAC and avoiding to confirm each time I want open Steam? Also UAC should be give you a warning if a software tries to modify your Windows setting, isn't that the purpose of this funcion?

Anyway I have UAC off since Windows Vista and I never had a problem.
It'd be nice if I could give specific permission to Steam to always allow access.

derExperte

Yep, UAC. I would enable it, but as Seanspeed said, if I leave it on, Steam and all softwares I have installed ask me permissions everytime.
Is there a way to give permissions to some specific softwares so I can enable UAC and avoiding to confirm each time I want open Steam? Also UAC should be give you a warning if a software tries to modify your Windows setting, isn't that the purpose of this funcion?

Anyway I have UAC off since Windows Vista and I never had a problem.

What setting were you using? There are four and the second highest is default*. It should absolutely not ask you when you start normal software. This was different when introduced in Vista but it does what it's supposed to now.

*http://abload.de/img/capture1xpxy.png

derExperte

Default level in 8.1, so I presume it was the second level, but it asked me a permission everytime I want to start Steam, or Firestorm to check my GPU temp. I tried other levels but only disabling it worked.

Steam definitely shouldn't, then it wasn't installed correctly and is constantly trying to do something. Hardware monitoring tools can trigger it, that's normal.

so after hours of leaving my laptop updating overnight, finally got to check out win 10 this morning. Seems alright, though with how sluggish it's running I might just try to do a clean install instead of keeping it as is.

Kinda sucks that I can't wake my xbox up for streaming though. You have to manually turn the xbox on anytime you want to stream to your pc. Meh.

It's not even that great of a clicker game.
I give them props for the customizable avatar and the cute monster girls with shiny boobs, but the game fails at feeling addicting. 9 monster girls and a boss monster girl every time, with no levels? Where's the fun in grinding that?!

You know why.

fapfapfap

fapfapfapfapfap

Arthea

It's not even that great of a clicker game.
I give them props for the customizable avatar and the cute monster girls with shiny boobs, but the game fails at feeling addicting. 9 monster girls and a boss monster girls every time, with no levels? Where's the fun in grinding that?!

I found out yesterday, that the best clicker game is Time Clickers, maybe it's not a looker, but it certainly feels like a game and it's fast, really addictive.

Tap Heroes has good ideas but it feels really really slow.
edited:
Also I'm not sure it even can be called idle game, as idling or leaving a game be, earns you so little that it's irrelevant, you have to play it, meaning click, not only upgrade.

Grief.exe

Update to DS4 on Windows 10

Update from that Input Mapper thread, it seems you need to just disable the Network List Service rather than the entire DHCP.

Will not disable your internet connection and no need for a static IP anymore, but apparently this will cause issues with the Search bar still.

Lain

I found out yesterday, that the best clicker game is Time Clickers, maybe it's not a looker, but it certainly feels like a game and it's fast, really addictive.

edited:
Also I'm not sure it even can be called idle game, as idling or leaving a game be, earns you so little that it's irrelevant, you have to play it, meaning click, not only upgrade.

For me Clicker Heroes is still the best one. Time Clickers has an interesting idea with the cubes and the aiming but I feel that a clicker game only works in keeping me hooked if it maintains a level of simplicity in it's approach. Once certain gameplay mechanics get added the nature of the genre itself, the clicking, stops being compelling for me, which is why I got 278 hours in Clicker Heroes but only 2 in Time Clickers.
Time clickers has a nice background music though.

did Time Clickers a bit last night, not too bad. Still determined to 100% Clicker Heroes, but my time with that has died down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom