• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
just noticed valve added new default emotes
0N61XBT.png

wonder if it will impact the market for this emote
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/245170-:salt:?filter=skullgirls
they look like kirby and the ghost boo from mario.

Sober

i mean, which assets you use doesn't really matter as long as the game's interesting to play or says something or whatever

like, to the moon uses lots of royalty free assets and other good games use like kevin macleod music and it's still ok

problem with rpg maker/unity games on steam is that they're just unfiltered shit looking to cash in on whatever, doesn't have anything to do with original assets or anything
Well, sure, but the ones that actually put in work I can get over them using those kinds of assets and those titles rise to the top in spite of it if they do something good. But those are more exceptions to the rule.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm unsurprisingly loving her story

it's essentially a video version of analogue and i really like games that are just a bunch of narrative bundled up in a "discover it at your own pace" way

i find games like this really immersive

gone home also had some of this in its environmental storytelling thingie, but i really like this format, specially the whole 90s interface thing, even if "shitty tv mode" really tanks my framerate lol

just noticed valve added new default emotes
0N61XBT.png

wonder if it will impact the market for this emote
http://steamcommunity.com/market/listings/753/245170-:salt:?filter=skullgirls
kind of cool valve's adding new free emotes but these are pretty crappy

Well, sure, but the ones that actually put in work I can get over them using those kinds of assets and those titles rise to the top in spite of it if they do something good. But those are more exceptions to the rule.
yeah what i mean is, reused assets are usually a symptom or a 'tell' that a game's gonna be pretty shit, but it's not because of the assets, but because of everything else

I really do not understand why Steam itself doesn't have a Workshop for skins. It would be so nice if I could just install/subscribe Metro from inside the client, and get updates pushed directly to it.

I'm desperatly wanting FF XV on pc and I'll do any crazy conspiracy level stuff to make myself think it is coming.

What's the source of that screen?

dex3108

I really do not understand why Steam itself doesn't have a Workshop for skins. It would be so nice if I could just install/subscribe Metro from inside the client, and get updates pushed directly to it.

We will get it when Valve launches paid mods again :D

P.S. Angry Birds 2 is out. So long my PC gaming XD

giphy.gif

I don't know if Super Star Path works, steam says I got it on the 7th, but groupees just dropped keys yesterday. No idea where else I could have gotten it. Everyone probably has the other one too.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Knights of Pen and Paper Plus1 Edition -- MB-8A5714494CE60D3C - Taken by oipic
Super Star Path -- MB-5C9F18F5EAA1DD7A - Taken by bkw

I'm loving the character arts and in-game animation from the trailer. Looks like it's indeed a Japanese developed game, so I guess that explains a lot. I hate those half-assed "anime" games that are developed by western devs. If you want to make an anime themed game, at least hire proper anime artists.

I know what you mean. I mean some games really suffer from when the artist try to imitate the japanese (generic) artstyle, but arent really that skilled, so it often looks like what I call Deviantart-tier anime-art.
(And yeah. I know Deviantart also has a lot of great artists.)

Arthea

a new WGN groupees bundle incoming (not up yet)

In other news: I shouldn't have installed Tap heroes.... now I'm back into the clicker hell, how this even happen? I blame Lain, Bosstones and volvo....
BTW, so far Time Clickers seems to be the best of all of them, shooting part almost makes it a regular game.

I'm desperatly wanting FF XV on pc and I'll do any crazy conspiracy level stuff to make myself think it is coming.
Me too. Me too.
You need to play XCOM to truly understand RNG-based combat.
There was a thread that said that Fire Emblem wouldn't work in Ironman mode because of the RNG. I'm guessing that it could because X-Com can, right?

What's the source of that screen?
I think that it was from a developer video from when the demo came out with Type-0.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
gamescom starts in a few days, I wonder will there be some steam related news and unexpected announcements.

Most likely on both accounts.

I'm mostly blind on it, the only thing I know is that in the last month, in America and Europe there was a listing from Capcom for 'Umbrella Corp", and in Japan, for "Biohazard Umbrella Corp", and the copyright lists it as being a game of some sort for either home consoles/handheld/PC/mobile, so I'm assuming since the copyright popped up we'll probably see it at Gamescom. Due to how Capcom has been dealing with RE titles, I'd be surprised if it isn't a mobile title or something that would come to PC.

But I haven't kept up much on the news around it, all I know is this bit of Resident Evil news.

Haunted

Seems like my W10 upgrade can wait. Though I'm not sure that many of the issues I've been reading about will be gone after the first updates and fixes.

Arthea

Most likely on both accounts.

I'm mostly blind on it, the only thing I know is that in the last month, in America and Europe there was a listing from Capcom for 'Umbrella Corp", and in Japan, for "Biohazard Umbrella Corp", and the copyright lists it as being a game of some sort for either home consoles/handheld/PC/mobile, so I'm assuming since the copyright popped up we'll probably see it at Gamescom. Due to how Capcom has been dealing with RE titles, I'd be surprised if it isn't a mobile title or something that would come to PC.

But I haven't kept up much on the news around it, all I know is this bit of Resident Evil news.

Biohazard Umbrella Corp... sounds like a browser card game
I'm sorry

I hope so, would be a bit dull otherwise. I thought Gamescom was meant to be a bit of a PC event anyway

yeah, it is, it just seems that all devs are already working on something and "everything was announced", hopefully there will be some exciting news anyway.

edited: oh wow.... BM21 won't make even to second bonus, let alone third. It doesn't look that bad of a bundle to me not to make even to 6K, but apparently it is.

derExperte

Indiegala's Insunity Bundle is still missing one game and the bundle ends tomorrow. Can't be too hot.

edited: oh wow.... BM21 won't make even to second bonus, let alone third. It doesn't look that bad of a bundle to me not to make even to 6K, but apparently it is.

Well deserved, still salty I preordered. Other than Cosmochoria and maybe Clandestinity it's a bust. The $1 tier is basically worthless and then 4 more for that? Also latest Humble Bundle totally stealing their thunder.

Indiegala just forgot about it, nothing unexpected
you could remind them, you know

I actually will do that if it isn't out this evening. Maybe they'll do a 'Only one day left, look at that new game!' announcement.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Biohazard Umbrella Corp... sounds like a browser card game
I'm sorry

It could very well be a mobile game, all we know is that it is a GAME of some capacity (it's under the game category, but that could mean any platform), it is copyrighted in America, Europe, and Japan, though it's only called "Umbrella Corps" in American and Europe, and "Biohazard Umbrella Corps" in Japan.

The unfortunate thing is the name seems to make more people think of Operation Raccoon City, because you play as Umbrella mercenaries in that game, though that was made by Slant Six who are dead now, so that was never going to be stupendous. I believe it might be a mobile title, though if it is a mobile title this will be the first time they've gotten copyrights for all three regions at once (and maybe release close to each other, most RE mobile games come out way later in English speaking territories than Japan and in this case the Japan copyright actually creeped up a week after the America/Europe ones), but it could also be some spin-off thing they're doing. Capcom love experimenting with Resident Evil spin-offs every once in a while.

...WAIT, WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT, I just think I realized what this is right now when talking about this. Gimme a minute, going to make a topic about this. I just remembered something that someone 'leaked' to me a year ago I think was called Umbrella Corps. I may have a lead on what this is, it just hit me like lightning right now the email I got forever ago. Let me check my email history to make sure the name they used when emailing me was 'Umbrella Corps'.

derExperte

Good old Creative, took them months to deliver Vista drivers, will take them at least one more for the W10 ones (no way they'll release them before the end of August). My sound works fine but goddamn are you bad at this.

I suspect they will just do what they always do and readjust the levels at the last minute. The second bonus at 5750 and the third at 5760 or something like that.

dex3108

I checked Windows Update on my desktop and i saw that Win 10 upgrade failed, tried again after deleting all Win 10 files, failed again, tried with Media Creation Tool i got local language instead of English so i could't do upgrade with all files and apps saved. Now i changed region and we will see what will happen.

Arthea

Is there like a community hub in which you can discuss featured added on Steam?
I'm curious if other people are unable to add their phone numbers on Steam.

I think only this one

http://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/

edited: it seems there are more people with the same problem as you have.

I suspect they will just do what they always do and readjust the levels at the last minute. The second bonus at 5750 and the third at 5760 or something like that.

that would be nice of them

Well deserved, still salty I preordered. Other than Cosmochoria and maybe Clandestinity it's a bust. The $1 tier is basically worthless and then 4 more for that? Also latest Humble Bundle totally stealing their thunder.

You are right, I forgot how unattractive that $1 tier is

Deques

I think Valve dev's didn't think through browsing the community guides. If the client is not set using the English language then all guides that's written in English won't show up. Changing the language filter options to non-specific won't result any guides directly, so I have to remove the green game tag from the search to get all the guides...

Dr Dogg

You think you've got a Windows 10 upgrade horror story? How about having 7 failed updates, then perform a Refresh, go back to Win 8 (yes 8 not 8.1), then download 145 updates, then upgrade to 8.1, then find out Windows Update is a massive pile of shit and have to dism required updates like it's fucking Linux or something, then have another failed update before finally Windows 10 got installed. Other machine was hassle free so no idea what caused that convoluted process.

Made the Resident Evil Umbrella Corps rumor-ish thread, now time for me to either sound like a crazy person or be on the ball with this.

Fingers crossed News Bot or cvxfreak back you up or... well I'm sure the men in white coats will be along soon :p

Hektor

Sakura clicker, here i come!

haha we have similar category naming styles

cGopa0Y.png

6IIF4r6.png

Finally finished categories.

This is nothing against my deutsche Ordentlichkeit!

http://www.fuzegame.tv/e/product.php

So apparently, the Chinese company that funded red ash is making new console better than Xbox and ouya and PC
But it also uses Android

Is this going to be Ouya 2.0?

Played Life is Strange - Episode 1.

The art style was nice, everything else is mediocre. In conclusion, ehhhhhh, not impressed.

You got me, lol.

Same here. But even it will come, it wont be on pc day one i bet. In other words, im gonna double-dip so hard, no matter the actual quality of the game.

FFXV will come to PC eventually, not day 1 though.

So, was Lightning Returns quietly canceled? That's the only one I didn't get around to play on console.
I'm also assuming that XIII-2's frame-rate will never be fixed, or was there a recent patch I'm not aware of?

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I spent some more time with Ether One and I'm liking it more as I make progress. You can only hold one item at a time, but you can instant-warp to your hub room, which has a bunch of shelves which act as your inventory. I'm now hoarding items for possible future use. I think there's even an achievement for filling all the shelves.

I'm in the first big area and there's an empty town you can explore, with 4 puzzles, but they're actually optional. So if you just want to finish it, you can treat it some Dear Esther-like walk game. The puzzles are pretty good though, so I'm definitely going for full completion.

It's interesting to see everyone's categories, I'll post mine this evening

FFXV will come to PC eventually, not day 1 though.

So, was Lightning Returns quietly canceled? That's the only one I didn't get around to play on console.
I'm also assuming that XIII-2's frame-rate will never be fixed, or was there a recent patch I'm not aware of?

Lightning Returns is still coming to Steam, later this fall according to their Japanese tweeter account.
That's all the information we have right now.

Lightning Returns is still coming to Steam, later this fall according to their Japanese tweeter account.
That's all the information we have right now.

OK, thanks.Didn't know they updated the release date to Fall.
Weird that Type-0 will end up getting released on steam before LR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom