• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Or you could all play Marlow Briggs. Better story than any DMC and better combat than any God of War. That's a win-win right there. I might have a different definition of the word better than some of you though. Then again I've spent the whole after convincing myself that self spending money you don't have on a 4K TV you don't need is indeed a wise investment that will reap rewards for years to come.

I played and beat Marlow Briggs. It was alright. Granted it's a cheap title, but it was pretty janky and got repetitive pretty quickly.

question , is lashman a bot ?

2EoClJa.gif

LORD pls

I expected better from you. :/

Or you could all play Marlow Briggs. Better story than any DMC and better combat than any God of War. That's a win-win right there. I might have a different definition of the word better than some of you though. Then again I've spent the whole after convincing myself that self spending money you don't have on a 4K TV you don't need is indeed a wise investment that will reap rewards for years to come.

I guess that licence was expendable...

Yeah well love you too!

No.
Marlow Briggs gets a ton of love around here, but Jawmuncher has the right of it below.

And that groan-worthy joke makes YOU expendable. (Am I doing this right?)

I played and beat Marlow Briggs. It was alright. Granted it's a cheap title, but it was pretty janky and got repetitive pretty quickly.

Absolutely.
I found the B-movie shtick's charm and entertainment value wore out its welcome pretty fast. Add in the lack of bosses (there's only 1 true boss encounter in the entire game -- the other 2 that I can remember had serious flaws and no right to be considered "bosses") and the game really falls flat on it's face.
I did have to commend the dev for including an achievement for skipping all cutscenes.

derExperte

Groupees has been so fucking bad. That $1 tier for the recent Be Mine is one of the worst I've ever seen for a site's main bundle. Don't have faith to preorder their garbage anymore.

Bottom-tier trash bundles for the +1 crowd. Don't know if that's a sustainable business model in the long run, sales numbers are clearly going down. Reminds me of how IndieRoyale went from interesting niche games to not even worth a click to look at their new stuff.

Tizoc

This is a really tired argument.
Aren't we better off for having REmake, a brilliant game that until now was only available on the GC (outside of emulation), on Steam?
Will the world be a worse place for having a classic like RE2 redone with modern tech?
Assuming they don't fuck it up and go the same route as the OG REmake, can you imagine how great those backgrounds will look redrawn from scratch in 2015?

A lot of "remasters" are a waste of time, either because the games were forgettable in the first place or because they're a half-assed effort, but good remasters of classic games? Hell no, we should cherish the fact that they exist, especially on PC where they are forever compatible with future hardware.

Without the remaster we'd still be playing Shadow of the Colossus at 16 fps. I for one am very happy that such a classic now has a version that actually runs like it's supposed to.

What remasters were 'a waste of time'?

Dr Dogg

No.
Marlow Briggs gets a ton of love around here, but Jawmuncher has the right of it below.

And that groan-worthy joke makes YOU expendable. (Am I doing this right?)

Hahaha you do love to get touchy when an opinion doesn't match your own :p

And no you're not doing it right you boring, grumpy sod. Lighten up!

What remasters were 'a waste of time'?

Well I think Saints Row 4 is unanimous. Others are a tad subjective.

Hahaha you do love to get touchy when an opinion doesn't match your own :p

And no you're not doing it right you boring, grumpy sod. Lighten up!

Well I think Saints Row 4 is unanimous. Others are a tad subjective.

Hey people can have whatever opinions they want -- I just like to voice mine if I don't agree. :p

Grumpy sod? Sure. Boring?!

:removes glove:
*SLAP*
I demand satisfaction!

Groupees' Mini 2 bundle is live.

$1.50:

SimplePlanes
Stage Presence
Tea Party Simulator 2015
Tony Tough and the Roasted Moths
Venetica - Gold Edition

Dr Dogg

Hey people can have whatever opinions they want -- I just like to voice mine if I don't agree. :p

Grumpy sod? Sure. Boring?!

:removes glove:
*SLAP*
I demand satisfaction!

Hahaha. I would say name your weapon game of choice and we could have the face off to end all face off's (except that's the Nicholas Cage, John Travolota film Face/Off) but I'm out tonight. I guess you can call me a coward/chicken/yellow/derogatory term of your choosing then :p

Only if it's a 'Remastering' of the original Zombi and the Amstrad CPC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYDimqGCMzk

MUnited83

For you.
Is the current $2.49 price a BTA that could go up? Also, is this keys (of which I can modbot raffle the ones I already have) or is it just going to activate directly in my Steam account?
Its keys. And regarding the price: just wait for happy hour and find someone hosting a group buy. It will cost you like half of its price for the whole Bundle.
Also, that price is not a BTA. Its a price that will be up in the first 24 hours and then it will go up.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Bayonetta wishes it was as good as DMC3. Have both games on WiiU as well. The story absolutely ruins them.

DMC3 is starting to show age tbh and Bayonetta's combat/movement has a different pace than DMC despite being extremely similar. I find the story garbage on both series so I take Bayonetta's gameplay over DMC3 and DMC4. I like DMC1 atmosphere more than the other games too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom