• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to think of it as a port/re-release than a remaster :V

Well, they increased the resolution to 1080p and called it a day. It's 30 fps and everything else remains identical across the board.
The real kicker is that the X1 version of P2 has worse performance than the last gen versions.

Vlad

More spares

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pixel Piracy -- MB-02C8F7E4D3CF2263 - Taken by Couchaddict. 3 entrants total.
PixelJunk Shooter -- MB-DEE6A999CF28BEF3 - Taken by LordCommanderNooooo. 1 entrants total.

t1438285237z1.png

Jawmuncher

DMC3 is starting to show age tbh and Bayonetta's combat/movement has a different pace than DMC despite being extremely similar. I find the story garbage on both series so I take Bayonetta's gameplay over DMC3 and DMC4. I like DMC1 atmosphere more than the other games too.

DMC3 is still apparently the only action game of that ilk with a cohesive story though. It always gets points for that from me. I like that overall package. I don't do the challenges, bloody palaces, or anything like that.

Caerith

The Pleased & Merry race seems a lot less antagonistic though that the usual twats who get a bit uppity about their PC games to the extent you'd think it was actually their game.

"Merry" at least associates with Men In Tights. There's really no good associates to "master race" outside of this one episode of Doctor Who.

Dr Dogg

I am of the mindset that remaster should mostly apply to older games from before the PS360 era =X

What as a definition yeah? Why? I know the marketing men in suits have screwed with everyone's heads but it's quite simple.

Version - Game designed for the platform in it's consideration. This includes multiplatform engines like Unreal Engine , Unity etc even if the game didn't start life on that system but was brought over at a later date with no additional work done other than scalability and such.

Port - Taking an existing game that does not natively run on the platform and/or taken into consideration during it's development. This is usually for games that come out years later that aren't based on middleware, possibly older single platform games.

Remaster - Taking a released game and porting it to a different platform (or in terms of PC rereleased) with minor extra features like retouched assets, increased resolution/framerate/minor effects work. Mainly developed with a small scale production by either a small internal team or outsourced.

Remake - A game that has full blown sections redone, engine upgraded or rewritten entirely, story altered to a large degree, model, assets even art style completely changed. Depending on the IP could be as big budgetwise as a new release.

not putting huge images in quotes, that's what

metro 2033 redux at $5 is a no brainer to anyone who hasn't checked those games out before. Metro 2033 is up there with half life 2 as one of the most atmospheric FPSes i've ever played

Oh come on, there's even more spyware bullshit in windows 10 you have to got to a website to turn off? Sigh.
If you don't use a Microsoft account, there's nothing for them to share. I guess they might share it anonymously. I'm not ready to get invested in Microsoft's ecosystem so I just used a local account.
Well, I just went into those "13 pages", and really there's nothing worrying. a lot of stuff here was off by default because I choose so during installation, and I think data sent to Microsoft are actually very similar to what Valve does with Steam, you can choose anyway three levels of stuff you want send out. So much screaming for nothing.

A lot of stuff is like "give the permission to some apps to use a microphone", following some apps that would benefit of this option.
Off by default != "because I choose so during installation"
That WiFi Sense business looks particularly concerning. Don't know what MS are thinking these days with some of "helpful" features they enable by default but don't tell you about
Wouldn't be surprised if some of this stuff is illegal under EU law also.

I have problems with chivalry. I used to play it just fine with my old graphic card, now I've reinstalled it and it lags in the main menu (like 25 fps), if I start the game it reaches 60 and then randomly drops. WTF

edit: ok, apparently removing the -dx11 option fixes it. Strange thing is that when I started it today there wasn't this option and it still lagged. weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom