• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone already has this right? If not, it won't knock you out of the tales comp.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-DD1180C9467A68ED - Taken by famfrit

I finished a bunch of stuff this week:

The Inner World
ss_b3901210f151d7807a9005f5f7bc6cbad92e51e9.jpg
Trailer

I feel like a bunch of people have overlooked this, but it's a lovely adventure game that has a good difficulty balance with it's puzzles. It's story is charming and unique, and the art really worked for me. Unlike certain other adventure games, it has a genuine tone that doesn't rely heavily on sarcasm. There's a really good in-game hint system too, for if you get stuck. I think it carries the atmosphere of games like Machinarium, while injecting some of the humor, and dialogue of Lucasarts games.

I had a really great time with it, and more people should check it out. It's currently 50% off (7.49), but it frequently hits 3.74, or you may already have it from the handful of bundle's it has appeared in. Keep it on your radar/wishlists though!

Dishonored Knife of Dunwall/The Brigmore Witches

As someone who ghosted their way through the main game, and had a blast with it; I also had a great time with these. It's a wild amount of content, given that it's adding 7 missions to a game that's campaign had 9. Like others have said it's like a full on expansion pack, or a whole new game entirely. Took me around 13 hours to complete, ghosting my way through both DLC's. Dishonored is a good game.

Finally, I finished Silent Hill 2 for the first time last night (which while not on Steam, I was playing the PC version).

I'm playing through the series for the first time, and having really enjoyed the first one, was excited to get to the one that a lot of people seem to call their favorite. For the first half-ish of the game, I wasn't as into it as I was the first. The story stuff was less evident to me, in the first half, and the graphical jump actually made the game feel more sterile, and empty to me. However, when things started to fall into place in the back half, I totally get why people call it their favorite. They do a lot of great things with subtlety, and respect; keeping things vague, and handling it's topics with maturity. I was equally impressed by their use of silence (in Silent Hill no less). So many games, and films feel the need to slap a score over each story moment, but there are some super important scenes in Silent Hill 2 that instead are presented in absolute silence. Personally those moments hit a lot harder without music, than if there had been a score. The music in the game is great too, but it's just cool to see silence used so effectively. Looking forward to playing 3!

Oh and the PC port was solid with a patch that my friend suggested I use. These games should be on Steam.

Video games, friends. I like them. They're alright.

The great modern mystery of "Who is MrCentauri?" has finally been de-mystified. Congrats, Se7enSword, you'll find your prize in your inbox within a few minutes.

Chewie, iosefe & Crazy get some small runner-up prizes. Enjoy, lads.

'Twas fun while it lasted! <3
It was fun for me too, I seriously was not expecting all those prizes.

Thank you very much, you're waaaaay too cool.

maty

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (maty, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Valdis Story: Abyssal City -- MB-B0FB4BAEB8A7202A - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft. 6 entrants total.
Torchlight II -- MB-55EAC5B3A93E98D8 - Taken by rainking187. 2 entrants total.
Always Sometimes Monsters -- MB-44F6CE9499E08B8C - Taken by Purkake4. 3 entrants total.

t1435982322z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Ryne, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ryne, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Tales of Zestiria -- MB-18309184BF31952E - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 76 entrants total.

t1435985564z1.png

I haven't played a Tales game since Vesperia so I'm looking forward to trying Zestaria when it comes out on steam. Seems like the series hasn't improved much graphically though, and if anything has regressed :/

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I just finished the first episode of Tales from the Borderlands, which I picked up during the Summer sale.

I really enjoyed it. It's no Life Is Strange, and it's certainly not deep or complex like The Wolf Among Us, but it manages to be interesting, charming, and at times witty without all the usual "Borderlands Humor" I was afraid might ruin the game. The voice acting is top notch and the characters are interesting.

Three episodes are available now, with two more on the way and should be released by the end of the year. If you're a fan of these types of games, don't let the Borderlands theme scare you away - there wasn't even a single Claptrap in the first episode.

good morning
ModBot said:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Trine 2 -- MB-E099ADD029E97201 - Taken by Madn

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Which one's better, the first or the second? I have both, but I think I got the first one from Amazon, so it has some icky DRM apparently.

mrgone

The best MMO game of all time is on Steam!

store.steampowered.com/app/352700/

I loved SubSpace so much. It was really depressing to see Trench Wars take over so completely when they released Continuum. It's such a poor representation of all the cool things people can do in the game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Tales of Zestiria if it continues doing so well is going to unlock all three tiers, which will mean pre-ordering Zestiria will also give you a free copy of Symphonia.

Which would be a pretty sweet deal, if it happens like it appears it's going too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom