• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coldsun

Banned
Saying XSEED doesn't care about the PC fanbase feels disrespectful to me. If they didn't care, they wouldn't be still working on the game. They wouldn't have even worked on the first game for PC either after it bombed on PSP. They believe in the games and they care about the PC fanbase, as shown by the games they keep putting out on PC.
I'd also say that they care about their whole fanbase as shown by the fact that they are one of the few publishers to not use the $=€ conversion rate.

Those are all really good points. Lumping XSeed in with the likes of WB (even though no one has stated as such directly, saying both X and Y don't care does sort of promote that grouping). Great point about the conversion rate as well. Really wish we gamers as a community would start pushing back on that particular issue (even though im in the US so it really doesn't change anything for me).

Anyone know some solutions for Dark Souls jolly co-operation? I can't see summon signs from other players even though I'm human and the area's boss hasn't been killed yet. Solaire is the only one that I can see, lol.

Knurek

Saying XSEED doesn't care about the PC fanbase feels disrespectful to me. If they didn't care, they wouldn't be still working on the game.

Who says they still are? All we, PC players are getting with regards to SC is ReggiePLSUnderstand.gif over and over again, while on the flipside, console owning folk are getting new games by the dozen.

Last time I checked, the game sold 110k on Steam while never having been lower than $9.99. That's at least a $1M in revenue for XSEED. Why are we then getting the 'sorry, our only hacker, Sara, is hard at work on the game, but...' messages? You really believe they can't afford having another person to help her out with the issues? Really?

Who says they still are? All we, PC players are getting with regards to SC is ReggiePLSUnderstand.gif over and over again, while on the flipside, console owning folk are getting new games by the dozen.

Last time I checked, the game sold 110k on Steam while never having been lower than $9.99. That's at least a $1M in revenue for XSEED. Why are we then getting the 'sorry, our only hacker, Sara, is hard at work on the game, but...' messages? You really believe they can't afford having another person to help her out with the issues? Really?

The PSP version also still in QA and not out yet. What's your point?
How can people get so upset over nothing.

I dont know. I think XSeeds Support isnt really bad. They also released Akibas Trip and Ys this year for PC.

Edit. Grats to Shadownet for winning D4.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl

It probably would have come out years ago on the PSP when they initially announced the trilogy if they actually had that kind of money to spend. :p We don't even know if the third one is going to even come out because of the colossal amount of translation work each of the games requires.

Also Falcom themselves forced their hands on Cold Steel or they were going to drop XSEED as their exclusive publishing partner. They want their more recent work out so they can narrow the gap in release to localization for their titles.

fantomena

Due to the ZOE3 hype I will probably clean my VIta and start playing VRL. In general, my VIta has getting more used than my 3DS. Crazy I know, but the Vita actually has a very good library even if Sony treat it as a dead plattform.

Kiru

Heh, so, funny story.

Apparently I won Broforce idling the Alienware stream while playing The Witcher 3 (which I partially paid for buy selling a GOG code I won from the last Alienware stream).

BrroMizm.jpg

Thanks, Alienware!

So you actually don't have to chat within 10 minutes of the roll ? Lenard lied to us!

Due to the ZOE3 hype I will probably clean my VIta and start playing VRL. In general, my VIta has getting more used than my 3DS. Crazy I know, but the Vita actually has a very good library even if Sony treat it as a dead plattform.

Vita dead ? What happened to 4G model ?

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of PARANO1A, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Wasteland 2 -- MB-2BFC7441A3C7FA39 - Taken by Copons. 32 entrants total.

t1436007831z1.png

ExoSoul

Banned

Do you know something I don't?!!!

Arthea

Somebody mentioned Trails?
Well, seeing as Akiba didn't do that hot, and Ys6 did even worse (10,894 ± 2,393) ... ya, imagine that, Xseed totally should have concentrated on Trails. I also find it very alarming that we had no TC announced and SC still has no release date, granted we will get a release date only two weeks before actual release but it's already July... I thought we'll have it by this point.
And in no way I can see how anybody can be happy with Steel being not announced for PC either.

edited: how come there are 6 people that play ToZ today?

Tizoc

Somebody mentioned Trails?
Well, seeing as Akiba didn't do that hot, and Ys6 did even worse (10,894 ± 2,393) ... ya, imagine that, Xseed totally should have concentrated on Trails. I also find it very alarming that we had no TC announced and SC still has no release date, granted we will get a release date only two weeks before actual release but it's already July... I thought we'll have it by this point.
And in no way I can see how anybody can be happy with Steel being not announced for PC either.

Far as Ys 6 was concerned it was easier to get it up and running on Steam than say TiTS 2.

Chariot

Lashbot, you ok?
I was expecting this piece of news from you :,(
Anyways, Telltales Minecraft puts me right between not giving a shit and literally taking a shit.

I forgot I bought this in the Steam sale and purchased it again. It was a high cost purchase compared to most I make on Steam so hope it's appreciated.
Haha, I wonder when I'll be doing a similar thing and forget having a game :)

Also, happy belated birthday buddy! Always had it in mind but forgot to congratulate you.
Played fine on PC but it crashes android browser 100% of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAnRtMEDrvU
First trailer for Minecraft: Story mode. Looks okish.

Did they manage to rope in Patton Oswalt for this game? One of the voices sounds a lot like him.

I finished up Her Story a little while ago. Decided to put the mishap with the deleted save behind me and start it again. The story (or mystery) itself isn't particularly hard to figure out, but the way the story is told keeps you going right till the end so that you can fill in those all the gaps. After finishing it I went over to the GAF spoiler thread for the game and found a really deep discussion over things that I just took for granted while playing it. It's very interesting how people are analyzing every last video in the game to prove or disprove various theories.

Definitely recommend checking it out for it's current price of $5.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Colortone -- MB-DCB4DADFEA0BDE06 - Taken by madjoki

madjoki

Some bundle trash:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Skulls of Shogun -- MB-E262B27D170AB7CB - Taken by Loptous
Trash.tv -- MB-D26D15E96454AD88 - Taken by Kifimbo

So of course Trails of Cold Steel (PS3/V) has a confirmed release date, unlike TitS SC, which I'm slowly losing hope we will ever get.

Thank you based XSEED for caring about your PC fanbase. /s
It's in QA. The tweets for it are entertaining at least. Tom also mentioned that they're counting in weeks instead of months now. Don't lose hope!

They're making SC on a loss, iirc. They would bring cold steel and the other entries on PC if they really could. They just lack the capabilites to port games.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Announcing Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition Beta

The “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition” beta will be available for download in the Windows 10 Store beginning July 29. Players who already have the PC edition of “Minecraft” will be able to download the Windows 10 beta version free. Others can download “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition” at a discounted price of $10 throughout the beta period. Players who download “Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition” during the beta phase will still have the game when it comes out of beta, and receive all future updates to the game at no additional cost.

One thing I still not understand about Win10, is how to make a clean install and not update from a previous version. I mean, with the free upgrade thing

madjoki

Wonder it there will be some sort of activation/hardware limit?
I have a desktop PC and laptop PC and would like the game on both.

Windows Store Apps are limited to 81 pcs in Windows 8.1.

One thing I still not understand about Win10, is how to make a clean install and not update from a previous version. I mean, with the free upgrade thing

I guess Reset PC thing will work, but I hope Microsoft would clarify this and whatever hardware upgrades are possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom