• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
tuesday then. hype get. unfortunately my mooney is going to Rocket League this week.
I doubt it. Release date is listed as June 1 on Amazon, so I imagine it's been purchasable since then. PC version is published by Activision/Sierra as well, so a release date is likely to be announced well ahead of time.

yo straight up, i think valve is a pretty shit at making games. besides portal they're not that great. Left 4 Dead is decent at best, didn't like half life(idk maybe its one of those games that didn't age well or something) and like that picture says, they're leaning more towards treating their games as services which i greatly disapprove of.

You "greatly disapprove" of games that are constantly updated and millions of people play and enjoy for free.. why exactly?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Free updates for years = games as a service.

Paid multiplayer = not games as a service, apparently.

ViviOggi

Saw it on r/valve, no idea if what type of fan made it. Maybe a bitter Valve fan. Maybe a Sony fan. Maybe someone who's both. Was surprised it took so long to see something like this though. Like it or not, Sony has been doing a great job pandering to the so-called hardcore this gen. GAF is a great example of it. Meanwhile Valve just keeps on doing whatever they want.

Essentially Sony has a really good PR department while Valve literally has none

TF2, Dota 2 and CS:GO are multiplayer masterpieces but I guess they don't count because services

Dota 2 and Counter-Strike are two of the best competitive games around though.
You "greatly disapprove" of games that are constantly updated and millions of people play and enjoy for free.. why exactly?
they're boring. all 3 of those games bore me to tears. i've tried many times to get into them, but i don't like them therefore as far as im concerned valve is a pretty shitty developer. well i guess at least counter strike is alright when i play with my school friends, i mean its still pretty eh but we have a few laughs while we play.

fight me steamgaf, i got them controversial opinions and there ain't anything you can do to stop me!!

rHTcV1C.gif

1) My comment stands with or without the image.

2) I don't really see the joke, considering that both positions are ones I've seen people earnestly take on GAF.

well i don't think its funny either but i do see the joke.

Grief.exe

Nice day to be browsing GAF with a cup of coffee

yo straight up, i think valve is a pretty shit at making games. besides portal they're not that great. Left 4 Dead is decent at best, didn't like half life(idk maybe its one of those games that didn't age well or something) and like that picture says, they're leaning more towards treating their games as services which i greatly disapprove of.

Probably should just keep your opinions to yourself.

Sums it up.

Free updates for years = games as a service.

Paid multiplayer = not games as a service, apparently.

Pretty much. Like that Hitman thread where people were portraying their upcoming model of free updates which completes the game later worse than paid DLC and season pass. The big blockbusters have all essentially been GaaS these last years. But people don't talk as badly about them compared to Valve games. Weird.

Yeah. Like I remember instances where Gabe talked about SP in a way people took it as negative and got pissed. Not happening with Sony.

dex3108

People say that Indiana Jones and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull was bad. It is still better move than half shit released today!!!

P.S. I want more treasure hunt games and movies :( This is year of dinosaurs but can next year be year of treasure hunt adventures? :D

GetGames has Valkyria 75% off

idk why but this is the 4th time i almost buy Valkyria but then i remember that i dont like that type of games , the price is too good so i just feel like i must buy the game even if i know that i will never play it or just play it for an hour :/

Copons

Maaaan my poor heart has been shattered by The Long Dark's wolves, hiding in the fucking darkness of a building I've explored previously and it was totally empty and safe back then. :(

yuraya

At this point I kinda don't even want Valve to make another Half-Life, L4D or Portal. Sure they would be amazing but I would much rather them make a new IP. They are way too talented to not be making new stuff.

Gabe will stop being stubborn one of these days and he will allow something new to be greenlit.

Give me that space pirate game they cancelled or wtvr. That seemed like a great idea.

Kagemusha

I got Brothers in Arms from Nuuvem yesterday without thinking to check if it was steam key. secure rom. :-(

Was going to also get Risen 3 but page said it was region locked.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Armello is awesome and you should buy it!

I play between the wolf dude or the rabbit chick due to their specialties.

At this point I kinda don't even want Valve to make another Half-Life, L4D or Portal. Sure they would be amazing but I would much rather them make a new IP. They are way too talented to not be making new stuff.

Gabe will stop being stubborn one of these days and he will allow something new to be greenlit.

Give me that space pirate game they cancelled or wtvr. That seemed like a great idea.

I agree they're usually at their best when they make new IPs (though I do want them to finish HL). However this doesn't solely depend on Gabe. It requires a lot of people to get together and want to work on these things.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
What better piece of software to show off the Stream controller than Ricochet 2?

No better. Controller was designed for the demands of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom