• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It's in QA. The tweets for it are entertaining at least. Tom also mentioned that they're counting in weeks instead of months now. Don't lose hope!

IIRC, Tom's "weeks rather than months" quote was said several months ago, hence why SC fans are feeling a bit dejected compared to the Cold Steel audience, who already have a definitive date and the game was only announced for localization a few weeks back. Though many may not realize that most, if not all of, the SC localization team was at E3 this year so they had some pretty hectic stuff get shoved into their schedules.

This sounds... confusing:

So maybe the W10 Edition would have other mods? I dont know. The wording sounds like they are different games entirely.

There's some quotes talking about the Win10 version being able to play with Minecraft Mobile, and with a $10 price point, I'm guessing it's going to be a rather cut-down version of the game.

I think so, yes. It's seen as a different platform to PC. You can only buy Heavensward expansion through Steam if you buy the steam version though.

I was afraid of that. It's a shame that A Realm Reborn didn't go on sale during the Summer Seal. Oh well, Winter is coming.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Urja -- MB-5AAD73C67816D32E - Taken by Henry Swanson
Why So Evil 2: Dystopia -- MB-54B8B64F964A14D8 - Taken by Purkake4
Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? -- MB-8D12CDBB0E655BB8 - Taken by Deques
Aero's Quest -- MB-E1C9440753D3052B - Taken by rainking187
Why So Evil -- MB-72BA9D3BAE487E01 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Trine 2: Complete Story -- MB-D7BBFC8B6086827C - Taken by tioslash
Breakout Invaders -- MB-47BB86F688247A59 - Taken by nightstorm

Emma-Stone-Shrug-GIF.gif

PaulLFC

How can I stop Steam automatically pausing downloads whenever it feels like and "scheduling" them for some random time in the future?

This isn't when I'm starting a game either, just completely at random, if I'm downloading in the background - I'll check Steam, and it's downloaded a certain amount of the full download, then paused the game without warning. If I don't see this and manually choose to start the download again, it could be an hour plus before Steam bothers downloading anything.

Even if I tell a paused download to resume, this might not download the full game as at any point Steam could decide to pause it again. For example with Road Redemption now, it paused, I resumed the download and it only got through a few more MB before pausing itself again.

No other service I download through such as Origin does this, so I don't understand why Steam is doing it either. It certainly provides no benefit to users - I don't have time to be checking the download list every 2 minutes to make sure Steam has bothered to download the game I told it to.

Is there any way to stop this?

Eanan

Would any kind soul be willing to buy "remember me" for me on nuuvem as I'm abroad and can't get to a VPN, and I'll pay you back once I'm home in a few days.

It would be very much appreciated.

L.O.R.D

minecraft story mode look like some youtubers that came together to make some kind of story in a minecraft game

its more a movie then a game

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
minecraft story mode look like some youtubers that came together to make some kind of story in a minecraft game

its more a movie then a game

The thing is I am almost 100% sure that's their target demographic with this game.

Those Minecraft videos where people make little on-going stories are a huge success on YouTube, and the younger demographic. So I think the idea is to make something like that, but of grander scale and have the sort of TellTale choice gameplay stuff.

I know that might sound dumb, but I do think it'll do well.

Dusk Golem

Does steam appear offline make you offline or will it still track time and achievements? It's kind of confusing.

Appear offline, achievements and time will still be tracked. You can even get trading cards.

If you go to Offline Mode as opposed to appear offline is different.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How can I stop Steam automatically pausing downloads whenever it feels like and "scheduling" them for some random time in the future?

I've had limited success with scheduling downloads and then disabling the option, but the issue always rears its head again at some point.

tj hazuki

I loved SubSpace so much. It was really depressing to see Trench Wars take over so completely when they released Continuum. It's such a poor representation of all the cool things people can do in the game.

lol, Trench Wars is my favorite zone though. I love it mostly for TWD/TWL competitions though. Extreme Games is also fun for casuals to try it. I think everyone in this thread needs to play the game at leas ta couple times to fully understand it. It's not a hard game but it takes time to master.

That hockey minigame that's apparently going on its twenty-second season has me way more intrigued than the actual spaceship part.

Yeah hockey is a big part of the game - it even has its own server or zone.

Dusk Golem

Yeah, I'm aware of that. But the game on Amazon is listed as available right now. Steam key and everything. Kind of tempted to try and buy it.

It could also be a pre-order key and just be mis-labelled. But it'd get you the game one way or another, if available for now or for later.

MUnited83

For you.
You know there's a drop rate penalty for being in multiple games at the same time, right? I'm pretty sure you're better off idling one game at a time.

He's idling those games to the 2 hour mark at the same time, so he can idle at normal rates after that.

You know there's a drop rate penalty for being in multiple games at the same time right? I'm pretty sure you're better off idling one game at a time.

I do indeed. This new program just runs the games for 2 hours each all at the same time to get them over the refund window. Then you fire up the standard idlemaster and it does them one at a time to actually get the cards.

Deques

Yay for Idlemaster helper. Was getting tired of doing it myself in SAM.

Thanks jshackles.

You know there's a drop rate penalty for being in multiple games at the same time, right? I'm pretty sure you're better off idling one game at a time.

Idling 25 games at the same time, I wonder if the penalty grows exponentially

I do indeed. This new program just runs the games for 2 hours each all at the same time to get them over the refund window. Then you fire up the standard idlemaster and it does them one at a time to actually get the cards.

oh, disregard my post...
Is this a new feature for IdleM@ster?

It could also be a pre-order key and just be mis-labelled. But it'd get you the game one way or another, if available for now or for later.
Yeah, I figured it might be something like that, but part of me is asking because I hope someone takes the plunge. I never really seen any game to have pre-order keys before, especially when a release date isn't even determined.

yo straight up, i think valve is a pretty shit at making games. besides portal they're not that great. Left 4 Dead is decent at best, didn't like half life(idk maybe its one of those games that didn't age well or something) and like that picture says, they're leaning more towards treating their games as services which i greatly disapprove of.

This generation of Sony fans officially worse than Nintendo fans at peak arrogance.

its a joke tho. besides, it could've easily been a pc gamer who did that picture too, you know

ViviOggi

yo straight up, i think valve is a pretty shit at making games. besides portal they're not that great. Left 4 Dead is decent at best, didn't like half life(idk maybe its one of those games that didn't age well or something) and like that picture says, they're leaning more towards treating their games as services which i greatly disapprove of.

its a joke tho. besides, it could've easily been a pc gamer who did that picture too, you know
TF2, Dota 2 and CS:GO are multiplayer masterpieces but I guess they don't count because services

Messiah

Dota 2 and Counter-Strike are two of the best competitive games around though.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

1) My comment stands with or without the image.

2) I don't really see the joke, considering that both positions are ones I've seen people earnestly take on GAF.

Saw it on r/valve, no idea if what type of fan made it. Maybe a bitter Valve fan. Maybe a Sony fan. Maybe someone who's both. Was surprised it took so long to see something like this though. Like it or not, Sony has been doing a great job pandering to the so-called hardcore this gen. GAF is a great example of it. Meanwhile Valve just keeps on doing whatever they want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom