• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

There's really no such thing as a "true" American. Humans aren't indigenous to the Americas. It's really just settlers killing earlier settlers then complaining about later settlers.
Oh, I didn't know that, but there is something in the back of my head. Were the "native americans" from south american then?

And the locals weren't waging war and scalping other tribes until the white man showed up and gave the indigenous people military arms like the Remington Arrow Head and the Fully Automatic Axe.
It totally looked like this before the settlers shot the buildings with their guns.
Galactic_City.png

Has anyone played this?

It looks AMAZING!

Looks cool! *wishlisted*

Caerith

Wait what?
What's wrong with pork burgers? (honest question, never had, but never thought it could be bad)
They taste like disappointment. Pork can be alright on a burger, if it's like pulled pork or something. Taking a hamburger and just replacing the beef with a slab of pork, though? Such a waste.

Oh, I didn't know that, but there is something in the back of my head. Were the "native americans" from south american then?
The "native" Americans crossed the Bering Strait then continued south, settling in North America and South America, so I guess you could say they're from Asia, but really their origin was more like Mesopotamia. By comparison, the white man crossed over the Atlantic from Western Europe, but they, too, originated somewhere around Mesopotamia.

All men are brothers. Brothers who murder each other.
Family. Family never changes.

PARANO1A

Recently finished games for me...

Hey Story was top notch as an experiment in narrative. I think it's fair to say it's unique in what it accomplishes in form but also the true open ended feeling of what happened. The spoiler thread is a good place to see how conflicted people are about the supposedly "obvious" take on what went down. It's the perfect game to play with someone else in the room to debate and discuss as you play. GOTY material for me.

Sunset was interesting but ultimately felt a little hollow in terms of story depth but also in terms of feeling like you were just an observer rather than a participant. As a "walking simulator" it felt too long for me, while I usually love the simple interactive notions of games like Gone Home. Ultimately it could have been a movie and wouldn't have felt too different. Worth the few bucks it's bring bundled for right now.

Ass Creed Unity was surprisingly refreshing, and a good opportunity to let my brain go for a wander. I gave up on the last memory because the game suddenly became impossible without completely changing how I'd been playing for the other twenty hours or so which I'd a huge no no for me. The experience before that was some fantastic Skinner boxing though and nailed the feeling of being a badass pretty well. Think I'll try Rogue next while I wait for the Batman patch.

fallout

Sure, that's one part of it. The other is this workflow working better for them than big monolithic releases. But it's not like the minority in this case is small though. Millions of people (probably over 10) are looking forward to an SP game from them. That's not something other big publishers or platform holders would ignore, just because.
Totally late to this, but I just wanted to say that I really agree. I do think they're passing up a sizable audience by not putting out a HL3 (or HL2 Ep. 3).

I actually wonder why Inafune is doing another KS for his new Megaman Legends Game.

I mean he even has a animeshow for Mighty No. 9. I would kinda guess he has enough money for his new game. At that times I really think he is more of a businessman than a developer and knows enough people will back it.

Also this wording why there is another KS:

We see this as a title that needs community support to be made, for a variety of reasons!

Variety of reasons...

High profile game incoming:

ModBot said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

header.jpg

NotGTAV -- MB-62D1F846EBF3EB0C - Taken by Diedac. 15 entrants total.

t1436069206z1.png

autoduelist

Can someone recommend a tower defense game to play? i already own a lot of the ones on steam (if they went cheap) but my collection is an unorganized mess.

I tried robowars and the resolution (unchangeable from what I can tell) makes it unplayable -- some screens are shrunk to 1/4 of my screen, and when they do fill my entire screen, the text is tiny. Also, looks like you need to click to collect resources, which is hella annoying.

Other genre games I've played include defense grid, kingdom rush (both awesome), prime defenders (solid concept, grind in execution), creeper 3 (solid). Looking for something challenging with personality (like DG and KR have).

------

Secondary question -- I have this problem again and again. My laptop's native resolution is 3200 x 1800 and it plays absolute havoc with games. Seriously, it almost always causes me to spend half an hour or three to figure out how to get everything fitting the screen properly and readable. Has anyone 'solved' this? Is there a fix? Or am i doomed to hating getting games running forever? Because it sucks. (oddly, some games just 'work', like Dungeonmans and Bard's Tale (though that had another issue)... but most are a nightmare.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Can someone recommend a tower defense game to play? i already own a lot of the ones on steam (if they went cheap) but my collection is an unorganized mess.

I tried robowars and the resolution (unchangeable from what I can tell) makes it unplayable -- some screens are shrunk to 1/4 of my screen, and when they do fill my entire screen, the text is tiny. Also, looks like you need to click to collect resources, which is hella annoying.

Other genre games I've played include defense grid, kingdom rush (both awesome), prime defenders (solid concept, grind in execution), creeper 3 (solid). Looking for something challenging with personality (like DG and KR have).

You might check out Bloons TD5 which is a mobile port but it's had it's microtransactions stripped from it. It's one of the top-selling tower defense games on Steam even though it hasn't had any major discounts yet, and the mobile version has been on the Google Play top 10 pretty much since it released a few years back.

The Sanctum series is also great - I can easily recommend Sanctum, Sanctum 2, and Super Sanctum TD (a 16 bit demake but still really solid). These have all been in bundles at some point so you might be able to find a copy easily enough if you don't already have them.

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten is also highly recommended. The graphics take some getting used to, but the gameplay is tight.

Finally, I somewhat reluctantly recommend OTTTD (Over The Top Tower Defense). The game is great but also features some weird design decisions taken straight out of a mobile game.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Speaking of which, any news on that HD update that was announced several months ago ?

According to their milestones page, it looks like it's still being worked on and that it's about 84% complete currently.

Volimar

You might check out Bloons TD5 which is a mobile port but it's had it's microtransactions stripped from it. It's one of the top-selling tower defense games on Steam even though it hasn't had any major discounts yet, and the mobile version has been on the Google Play top 10 pretty much since it released a few years back.

The Sanctum series is also great - I can easily recommend Sanctum, Sanctum 2, and Super Sanctum TD (a 16 bit demake but still really solid). These have all been in bundles at some point so you might be able to find a copy easily enough if you don't already have them.

Defender's Quest: Valley of the Forgotten is also highly recommended. The graphics take some getting used to, but the gameplay is tight.

Finally, I somewhat reluctantly recommend OTTTD (Over The Top Tower Defense). The game is great but also features some weird design decisions taken straight out of a mobile game.

Bloons is pretty fun. I have it for my kindle from the the free app of the day and I enjoyed it a lot.

KarmaCow

I can't speak too much for it on my own but my sister pretty much only plays TD games and loves Gemcraft. I believe it's based on the original flash version but with new levels and improvements. She called me up so I could setup a Steam account for her so she could play it so I assume it's pretty good.

Dead thread today.

Maybe people are playing their games:eek:

Sentinel is a good tower defense with a minimalistic style. http://store.steampowered.com/app/293200/

shockdude

Secondary question -- I have this problem again and again. My laptop's native resolution is 3200 x 1800 and it plays absolute havoc with games. Seriously, it almost always causes me to spend half an hour or three to figure out how to get everything fitting the screen properly and readable. Has anyone 'solved' this? Is there a fix? Or am i doomed to hating getting games running forever? Because it sucks. (oddly, some games just 'work', like Dungeonmans and Bard's Tale (though that had another issue)... but most are a nightmare.
What issues? I presume it's more complicated than just playing at 1600x900?
Are games playing in fullscreen or in a small "window" surrounded by black bars on all sides?

Jazz573

They also announced ChronoClock from PurpleSoftware, a company made up of many ex-JAST employees, and no I'm not refering to JAST USA, I'm talking about the original Japanese company, that no longer exists.

World End Economica Ep. 2 is releasing this month.

Root Double! It's written by Takumi Nakazawa who worked with Uchikoshi on the Infinity series.

dot

The Sekai Project twitter says that it's a remake.

also i was hoping for a release date on Sunrider: Liberation Day...

iosefe

Florida man wears gorilla mask, blows fingers off with fireworks.
I'll have you know I did a fireworks session with some north Floridians bottle rockets. Candles, and fire crackers lit in a hand. I was also on a swan paddle boat where some of the guys launched them at us. They missed.

For personality there are a few TD games that come to mind. Some have some hybrid gameplay elements but all are good fun. Try Orcs Must Die 1+2, Sang-Froid, Toy Soilders, War in a Box: Paper Tanks and maybe Unstoppable Gorg.

Kagemusha

Deathtrap is worth looking into. Has some RPG upgrades, death machines, blood spatter, and personality. It's $20
It has lots of graphics options and display settings.

store.steampowered.com/app/310510/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom