• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

2muchlolis in steam, not enough bara

As much as it's not for me, I agree that we need equal representation.

MangaGamer Panel:
t1436068800z4.png

ExoSoul

Banned
I know this is off topic but can anyone that knows CL Eye help me out? What's the real difference between the driver and the sdk versions, i end up not getting what comes with each.

Eila

As much as it's not for me, I agree that we need equal representation.

Are we sure there's a market for official bara releases overseas?
There's a lot of official otome and even shounen-ai releases, but I can't say I know of an official bara release. I think there was one western made on kickstarter or something?

BruteUA

I'll have you know I did a fireworks session with some north Floridians bottle rockets. Candles, and fire crackers lit in a hand. I was also on a swan paddle boat where some of the guys launched them at us. They missed.

My nanny-state halfway up the coast from you does not trust it's citizens with any pyrotechnics. In my younger years we'd smuggle them in and shoot bottle rockets at each other.

MUnited83

For you.
Are we sure there's a market for official bara releases overseas?
There's a lot of official otome and even shounen-ai releases, but I can't say I know of an official bara release. I think there was one western made on kickstarter or something?

There's Fantastic Boyfriends, recently funded, made in Japan.
No,Thank You, japanese made, got the english version released this year
And there's Coming Out on the Top, which is the western made one funded in Kickstarter, released in 2014.

That's all I remember recently. I think there's definitely a market.

Grief.exe

Can someone recommend a tower defense game to play? i already own a lot of the ones on steam (if they went cheap) but my collection is an unorganized mess.

I tried robowars and the resolution (unchangeable from what I can tell) makes it unplayable -- some screens are shrunk to 1/4 of my screen, and when they do fill my entire screen, the text is tiny. Also, looks like you need to click to collect resources, which is hella annoying.

Other genre games I've played include defense grid, kingdom rush (both awesome), prime defenders (solid concept, grind in execution), creeper 3 (solid). Looking for something challenging with personality (like DG and KR have).

------

Secondary question -- I have this problem again and again. My laptop's native resolution is 3200 x 1800 and it plays absolute havoc with games. Seriously, it almost always causes me to spend half an hour or three to figure out how to get everything fitting the screen properly and readable. Has anyone 'solved' this? Is there a fix? Or am i doomed to hating getting games running forever? Because it sucks. (oddly, some games just 'work', like Dungeonmans and Bard's Tale (though that had another issue)... but most are a nightmare.

Have you tried Orcs Must Die? I'm not a huge tower defense game by any stretch of the imagination, but I loved my time with the first game.

Action-RPG by Skullgirls dev: YES!!!!!!

Also if you like stylized platformers check out Dolly, it's not on steam but it's free.

Inspired by Valkyrie Profile and Super Metroid? Yes please.

Eila

There's Fantastic Boyfriends, recently funded, made in Japan.
No,Thank You, japanese made, got the english version released this year
And there's Coming Out on the Top, which is the western made one funded in Kickstarter, released in 2014.

That's all I remember recently. I think there's definitely a market.

Interesting. I guess kickstarter is the way to go for them.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Poker is weird. I get that a King has higher attack power than the Joker, but encountering a wild Ace deals critical damage? I don't even know what to make of same-colour modifiers.

Poker Night 2 may have failed to teach me anything. I played it just for Ash's story.

Some extras

EDIT: Forgot free for all.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fine Sweeper -- MB-5D9982321A7F1C13 - Taken by NingenJanai. 1 entrants total.
Lilly and Sasha: Nexus of Souls -- MB-20BC4B35B9BD2847 - Taken by Lain. 2 entrants total.
Ted by Dawn -- MB-A06B7F8ED2C2519D - Taken by redlacs. 1 entrants total.
Sometimes: Success Requires Sacrifice -- MB-3B0EAD51AF9D71D1 - Taken by Lomax. 1 entrants total.

t1436070767z1.png

Turfster

Oh, Microsoft.
"Microsoft says players can expect regular updates to bring all the features from the current PC version to Windows 10 Edition"

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Fucking Umineko?

This is fantastic news, I have some friends who REALLY like Umineko. Umineko is made by the same people who made Higurashi and I know many who prefer the Umineko VNs to the Higurashi ones. Many place it as one of their favorite VNs ever, and it's focus is in mystery/horror.

I've not played them, but I enjoyed the one-season anime adaption well-enough, though everyone says it's so much worse than the VN.

Here's the anime opening for Umineko at least.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Fucking Umineko?

This is fantastic news, I have some friends who REALLY like Umineko. Umineko is made by the same people who made Higurashi and I know many who prefer the Umineko VNs to the Higurashi ones. Many place it as one of their favorite VNs ever, and it's focus is in mystery/horror.

*pokes her name*

Fucking Umineko?

Well that explains why they're both called "When They Cry." Would have just been weird otherwise.

Teggy

I almost bought Tales From The Borderlands at $10 which is the cheapest it's ever been. But it wasn't Steam so I didn't. I'm sorry Telltale, I'm a bad person.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I almost bought Tales From The Borderlands at $10 which is the cheapest it's ever been. But it wasn't Steam so I didn't. I'm sorry Telltale, I'm a bad person.

Telltale will remember this

Seriously though, you did good. The game is pretty good but not worth buying outside of a Steam copy, in my opinion.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Yes Infy, you're one of the people who I know is really in love with the series. XD You, Fuzzle, and another friend have nothing but praise for it.

Yup my username is a reference to it. o: I think the new sprites are weird though since it's obvious they used the PS3 sprites for reference in making them.

Wok

You did good. I bought GoT from GMG once, expceting a Steam key, and I won't ever get one neither from GMG nor Telltale. It is such an hassle to get each episode individually when not using Steam, I won't do this mistake again.

Plus now that Valve allows refund, I would stick with Steam for purchasing any TellTale game.

Deitus

DMC4 SE is so good. It didn't really change anything mechanically from the base game except add new characters, but all of the new characters are really well done, and work well with the already fantastic combat system that game had. I didn't think I'd like playing as Lady much with her using guns exclusively, but she completely tears things apart.

But after a while, my hand starts to hurt. When I'm in particularly stressful fights, I reflexively grip my controller as tight as I can, which eventually becomes painful. I'm going to need to find a less intense game to play in between DMC sessions to give my self a chance to recover.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

you don't need to apologize, it's their stupid-ass choice not to provide a free steam key to purchasers because of some kind of principle. they reap what they sow

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Yup my username is a reference to it. o: I think the new sprites are weird though since it's obvious they used the PS3 sprites for reference in making them.

I recall this as well, I am betting you may be on it when it hits. I do wonder why they're doing new art rather than using the PS3 art, but then again they did that also with Higurashi so not fully surprising.

Also as I posted the anime OP, here's a few other openings for the series from the old PC/PS3 games:

PC OP for Umineko using PS3 sprites (original PC version had the Higurashi thing where they were a bit deformed chibi)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom