• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyougar

Disclaimer: This is for games newly released between 22.05.2015 and 28.06.2015. I'm only including games that have more than 10k owners, there's a lot of great games that sold less than that, but I don't think Steamspy results for such low values are statistically sound. I did remove the games that left Early Access this month, as they had a lot more time to accrue owners (Tabletop Simulator, Audiosurf 2, Massive Chalice)
Also, standard Steamspy disclaimer applies - those are ownership data, not revenue and definitely not profit. Many of these games have been discounted during the Steam Sale, a few have been bundled already/before release.

#5: Magicka 2 ($14.99) - 64% positive out of 1479 reviews: 108,966 ± 7,488

#6: BeamNG.drive ($24.99) - 91% positive out of 1174 reviews: 107,751 ± 7,446

#7: Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth2 Sisters Generation ($29.99) - 94% positive out of 838 reviews: 68,863 ± 5,953

#8: LEGO Jurassic World ($39.99) - 77% positive out of 689 reviews: 59,412 ± 5,530

#9: Duck Game ($12.99) - 96% positive out of 985 reviews: 54,686 ± 5,305

#10: The Game That Shall Not Be Named ($19.99) - 78% positive out of 2525 reviews: 48,474 ± 4,995

Please let me know if you find a chart like this worthwhile.

It is wothwile!

So what can we learn about the kind of Audience that buys and enjoys Niche games?
Neptunia has a 94% userrating. So I think we can determine, that the Audience, that is buying Neptunia games KNOWS what they get into. We had this disgracefull IF/Compile heart thread some days ago but userrating and sales clearly display that neptunia found her Audience has a happy Audience. Impulse buys for Neptunia should be rare and therefore has little bad reviews from impulse buy customers.
Duckgame is clearly influenced from the TB Video and possibly more in the troll faction regarding userreviews.
Lego Jurassic World is the most Casual and mass market conform game and probably has more impulse buyers that are not satisfied with that game.

Ot its all bollocks, what do I know ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Knurek

Since that top ten Steam sellers only contains one anime game (nep) and no vns, does that mean the inordinate amount of talk about anime, vns and random bara games (yep I googled it too) is not representative of a Steam community thread?

Just asking???
I think 75% of this thread is anime/etc ;)

Do note that many VN publishers hide their results from SteamSpy.
No info on how Grisaia sold, for instance, and that was last month.

You can't just post the forbidden game, how about some secret stealth?

b4HQSll.png

CbCVbpA.png

Don't really get the whole "waifu" meme, but the Waifu Hunter curator is flawless.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I haven't bought a single BD since Amazon UK's repeatedly-extended free shipping to AU promotion finally ended. At the time I figured Amazon would repeat the offer again at some point since it was clearly a huge success, but it's been ~3.5 years now. :(

So what are the perks of bring a Prime member in Aus?
I love my two day shipping. Which sometimes is a day and half depending on what warehouse location.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So what are the perks of bring a Prime member in Aus?
I love my two day shipping. Which sometimes is a day and half depending on what warehouse location.

I don't think Prime has any effect on international orders and Amazon AU sells Kindle e-books exclusively.

Maniac

Banned
man, wticher 3 is a godly game. love every single second in it, yea it has a few flaws but my lord I'm in love with it.

I knew you had some amazing opinions tucked away in that noggin' of yours
<3
retail, physical game purchases:
2009: 73 games
2010: 64 games
2011: 53 games
2012: 36 games
2013: 24 games
2014: 20 games
2015 (so far): 1 game

anyone else have a similar trajectory?

Not at all. I more or less stopped buying retail when I started to actively use Steam. Having looked through my very, very few retail games lying around, it's become evident that I almost completely stopped buying retail around 2007-2008~, since then the only retail games I've bought has been Skyrim on launch, since I wanted the map for my collection (the map is superb quality, especially considering it was a free addition) and my Witcher 3: Wild Hunt Collectors Edition. Two retail purchases in around 7-8 years, so I can't really say I've had much of a trajectory, since in my case it dropped off a cliff Wile E. Coyote style.

And ofcourse, hi ladies & gents, hope you're all doing well. The weather here is ridiculous and it's feeling like an oven; 42 celcius in the sun, around 30 in the shade, and one of the two windows in my room is broken so it can't open.

;_;

dex3108

yeah the weather is nuts, could barely sleep and I'm super tired

impossible to do anything really

just kill me

And ofcourse, hi ladies & gents, hope you're all doing well. The weather here is ridiculous and it's feeling like an oven; 42 celcius in the sun, around 30 in the shade, and one of the two windows in my room is broken so it can't open.

;_;

Pft you are just complaining there and i need to work in "uniform" almost every day around house XD (Damn fence needs sanding before new coat of primer than probably two layers of paint). I have feeling that i am losing weight so it is not that bad XD

Phinor

I haven't bought a single BD since Amazon UK's repeatedly-extended free shipping to AU promotion finally ended. At the time I figured Amazon would repeat the offer again at some point since it was clearly a huge success, but it's been ~3.5 years now. :(

Amazon UK used to have free shipping to most EU countries but last year they decided to suddenly stop that offer. Before that, I bought most of my Blu-rays as well as a lot of other stuff from Amazon but after the change, the only reason to open Amazon (UK) is to use the marketplace.

I wish someone finally invented energy-free teleporters so that shipping fees would be a thing of the past. Is that really too much to ask for?

titch

About time i did another of these!!!!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Battlepaths -- MB-2FE080454613F06B - Taken by Hektor. 2 entrants total.
Commando Jack -- MB-F8D07AF76A8D33D0 - Taken by Vuze. 1 entrants total.
Circuits -- MB-1C3D33C80966838C - Taken by PandaPedinte. 2 entrants total.
Sickbrick -- MB-88B8D3D54C83872F - Taken by Kuroyume. 1 entrants total.
Stranded -- MB-F95EFE5DF5769EE7 - Taken by ExoSoul. 3 entrants total.
David -- MB-3641AD3AC8FAE0E7 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros. -- MB-1D50B39DB9484ADB
Anomaly 2 -- MB-F10B71A10F303F1D - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack -- MB-B226F9C72AF9D001 - Taken by texhnolyze. 2 entrants total.
Incognito -- MB-85031F2EF6AEAC74 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Anomaly Korea -- MB-3281F4DC61FDBDED - Taken by baterism. 1 entrants total.
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL 2 -- MB-8D3ADAE662BA5291 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 2 entrants total.

t1436103769z1.png

Arthea

Umineko , hell yeah!
well, we knew it's coming but now it's official.
I'm not a fan of Clannad but not that I dislike it, so that's good news too.

I'm still salty about no Steins Gate for us and will be till the end of times.

about Nep Nep:
these games are fun and good, I don't know why people keep insisting that they are for "certain audience", unless certain audience means people with sense of humour, then yes.

You can't just post the forbidden game, how about some secret stealth?

friendship

gw Chariot
really funny

I haven't bought physical for so long already that I'm not sure what my last was. If I'm not forgetting something for PC it was the Last Remnant some 5-6 years ago and other was Ninokuni, I think two years ago, that was time when I went full digital for everything (including books)

edited: I still think that Minecraft VN (Telltale one) is huge misunderstanding. Like, you know, people having no idea what Minecraft is and why people buy VNs or something like it.

edit2: I understand why Bad Rats devs would wanna hide those sales, people can get jealous of those mountains and seas of money and go after them.
Why would VNs hide their sales, though?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

on PC? not a single physical purchase since Starcraft 2 in 2009.

Umineko coming. Cool I guess. The more Japanese put their games on PC the better for everyone. I don't know much about it besides knurek loving it, hah.

Minecraft on Win10. JaseC always says he has hopes it will come to Steam. Wish he's right.

Stump's physical question. None in the last 10 years. But I did start playing a bit more common in the last 5 or so years. So there's that.

36° in the shade. Send help -_-'

Deques

Umineko coming. Cool I guess. The more Japanese put their games on PC the better for everyone. I don't know much about it besides knurek loving it, hah.

Minecraft on Win10. JaseC always says he has hopes it will come to Steam. Wish he's right.

Stump's physical question. None in the last 10 years. But I did start playing a bit more common in the last 5 or so years. So there's that.

36° in the shade. Send help -_-'

But Minecraft is coming to Steam, it's just not the correct Minecraft game is coming to Steam

Volimar

Doesn't look extremely hot in terms of graphics and IQ, probably due to image compression. That aliasing tho

It's still in Alpha. Give it some time.

Though after playing Absolution I don't know if I am looking forward to another Hitman.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I always wondered why games like Prison Architect and Armello are in early access, their games feel full enough. I guess Armello still has to add four more characters but what about PA?

I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up like Birdemic 2 where the developer is in on the joke and it just ends up being really bad instead of being so bad it's good.

Even bad directors/developers have egos from bad stuff.

btw, do you still play Clicker Heroes?
If you do, have you noticed much less rubies dropping than before, or is it only me? I barely get them at all anymore.

I think it's just you, but I tend to not pay too much attention. Check every now and then and 'oh shit, I have 50 gems sitting here'.

I knew you had some amazing opinions tucked away in that noggin' of yours
<3
<33
It really is a sublime experience. Almost 70 hours in and it's still great.

The battle of
Kaer Morhan
stands out so far, that shit was just fantastic.

haven't gotten to that yet, i just completed the quest Family Matters last night, started doing side quests now cause the recommended level for the next story mission is 16 and I'm only 10. But yea, 24 hours in and I'm not bored of it at all, people don't like the combat but I find it very engaging. I started the game on hard mode so in the beginning I was lucky to survive 2 hits. I can survive more hits but bruh, if I get comboed thats no bueno for my health. I got the upgrade to Quen where he makes a shield around himself and recovers some hp for every time the shield gets hit.... bro, that spell is a godsend, I was running low of food, money, and ingredients to keep making swallow. Now i can keep the swallows for bosses and shit.

Turfster

The main problem with Witcher 3 is that after the first bit there is zero incentive to actually do any of the side quests, since they 99% of the time give you nothing worthwhile, reward-wise.
"Okay, you killed all the monsters and slogged around the whole fucking countryside, here's 5xp"

The main problem with Witcher 3 is that after the first bit there is zero incentive to actually do any of the side quests, since they 99% of the time give you nothing worthwhile, reward-wise.
"Okay, you killed all the monsters and slogged around the whole fucking countryside, here's 5xp"

Doing the side quests can reward you with decent gear upgrades. It's kind of moot once you get into the cycle of upgrading your Witcher sets, but there is good gear to be found nonetheless. You also get all the bomb/potion recipes and upgrades by exploring the game world. And of course a fuck ton of crafting materials and stuff you can sell for money.

The XP curve is definitely messed up but it's an understandable problem. They need to balance the game for those who just do the main story and perhaps a few side quests. The more you do personally, the farther ahead you get in terms of leveling up. The solution to this would be level scaling but nobody wants that shit.

dex3108

Poor WB devs working on Batman AK Patch even on Sunday. They changed Zep-MS17_0.04-WBQA-PC_1088437-07_03_2015_Auto to Zep-MS17_0.04-WBQA-PC-FullPatch_1088440-07_03_2015_Auto so we could get new patch today or tomorrow.

SSPssp

Poor WB devs working on Batman AK Patch even on Sunday. They changed Zep-MS17_0.04-WBQA-PC_1088437-07_03_2015_Auto to Zep-MS17_0.04-WBQA-PC-FullPatch_1088440-07_03_2015_Auto so we could get new patch today or tomorrow.

I hope they fix enough for me to dip my toes into the pool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom