• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.
The main problem with Witcher 3 is that after the first bit there is zero incentive to actually do any of the side quests, since they 99% of the time give you nothing worthwhile, reward-wise.
"Okay, you killed all the monsters and slogged around the whole fucking countryside, here's 5xp"

yea i see where you're coming from and in a way I agree with you, but I enjoy the game so much that it doesn't bother me at all. love hunting them monsters yo

Derp

Omg Dishonored. I can't believe I waited so long to buy you.

I just beat the game + all DLC non-lethal and without being detected :D. Now my profile's "rare achievements" showcase is just mostly Dishonored, except for my rarest one, which was for beating The Stig's real life Ferrari 458 Imola lap record in Assetto Corsa (and since "The Stig" is my steam name, it was kinda important that I beat him... Otherwise I'd just be some random faker... I don't wanna be some random faker... I'm The Stig guys...)

The main problem with Witcher 3 is that after the first bit there is zero incentive to actually do any of the side quests, since they 99% of the time give you nothing worthwhile, reward-wise.
"Okay, you killed all the monsters and slogged around the whole fucking countryside, here's 5xp"

Some of the subplots are quite good (Skellige leader, Assassins subplot, Kiera to an extent).

Sure, once you level up you can blow through most of these. I actually cleared most of the sidequests before progressing through most of the story. I have since ignored most of the quest boards I've come accross.

My main problem is that the story doesn't take you through most of Velen. Looking through the map and I have the entire south and North of Novigrad sections that haven't been explored yet.

I guess that's on me to explore, but one of the reason I prefer the earlier game is just riding through Velen going from town to town than the Novigrad section.

I hope they fix enough for me to dip my toes into the pool!

Same.

Omg Dishonored. I can't believe I waited so long to buy you.

I just beat the game + all DLC non-lethal and without being detected :D. Now my profile's "rare achievements" showcase is just mostly Dishonored, except for my rarest one, which was for beating The Stig's real life Ferrari 458 Imola lap record in Assetto Corsa (and since "The Stig" is my steam name, it was kinda important that I beat him... Otherwise I'd just be some random faker... I don't wanna be some random faker... I'm The Stig guys...)

i really liked dishonored as well! I hope the new one doesn't punish you for lethal kills or at the very least has more non lethal powers because all the fun stuff was lethal. Don't like it when games "punish" you for killing. :(

Parsnip

I mean if you play it for XP, then some quests are worthless.
Ideally you play them for the story and world building.

Some of the impressions from testers in this thread are saying it's pretty much Blood Money slapped into Absolution's engine. Which is good news, as that is exactly what I wanted!
Sounds good.

Turfster

I mean if you play it for XP, then some quests are worthless.
Ideally you play them for the story and world building.
Tramping through miles and miles of forest and bog to kill samey monsters again and again gets boring after a while.
Also, the level curves are totally fucked. "Oh hey there, level 6, here's a level 23 quest!"

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm surprised given your large PC game collection that you'd be buying multiplatform stuff on PS4 over PC. Is it a case of "shiny new toy", or your PC being in need of an upgrade, or issues with your home PC setup, or something else entirely?

It's a combination of those things, really. A lot of the multi-platform stuff I own on the PS4 is EA and Ubisoft which I typically avoid on PC due to their Origin and Uplay garbage. So things like Far Cry 4 and Dragon Age Inquisition I prefer on the PS4 even if they might not run as well as their PC counterparts. There are a few others I have on the PS4 that I already own on Steam but I purchased just due to them being cheap (like Tomb Raider, which I purchased for $5) and including all of the DLC. I'll probably play through it again at some point before the next game is released. The rest of what I own are exclusives - Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, The Order, Killzone, Knack, inFamous, etc.

That said, my PC is definitely ready for an upgrade, but I don't think I'll have the money to do that any time soon. I'm rocking an AMD FX-8120 from 2011, DDR3 1333 RAM, and a Radeon HD 7850 GPU from 2012. My 23 inch monitor is also literally 2 feet away from my 55 inch TV but my desk is at kind of a weird angle that would make PC gaming on it weird. Sometimes I hook up my old wireless 360 controller and game on the TV, but it's usually easier to just pick up the PS4 controller and everything's already ready to go. Usually I'm gaming on the PC while my wife is watching TV.

Regardless of the reasons, I love my PC and I love my PS4. I have enough games on each that I never run out of stuff to play, and to me that's the most important part.

Derp

i really liked dishonored as well! I hope the new one doesn't punish you for lethal kills or at the very least has more non lethal powers because all the fun stuff was lethal. Don't like it when games "punish" you for killing. :(
Yeah it was seriously hard to resist the temptation to just start killing people, because the game is makes killing so damn fun, especially if you're creative. I'd definitely say that a lethal playthrough is a must purely for how good the powers and everything else work together to make for seriously awesome ways of killing. I'll probably do that before Dishonored 2 comes out though.

But yeah, most powers seemed to favor lethal playthroughs. However it didn't matter to me at all since I went for the achievement where you only use blink the whole game and don't buy or upgrade any powers at all (you can't even upgrade your Blink lol). But I am hoping Dishonored 2 adds powers that make playing non-lethally a more attractive option.

Apologies if these don't work!

ModBot said:
Instructions for trailmix16:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (trailmix16, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Grimoire: Manastorm -- MB-C2380D725E77E2C1 - Taken by bobnowhere
Little Cells -- MB-88D5CA7CD568ECA0 - Taken by Vuze

Tramping through miles and miles of forest and bog to kill samey monsters again and again gets boring after a while.
Also, the level curves are totally fucked. "Oh hey there, level 6, here's a level 23 quest!"

I don't know man. I really enjoy just trampling through the world, getting distracted by hidden treasure or a village or something and finally making my way to the way point.

Copons

Just started Ground Zeroes.
Considering I've managed to be spotted by the very first watchtower (the one when the tutorial tells you to keep a low profile and avoid spotlights), leading to a hour long gunfight, I guess I won't be disappointed by this game length.

Turfster

I don't know man. I really enjoy just trampling through the world, getting distracted by hidden treasure or a village or something and finally making my way to the way point.

The main problem is that with their whack-ass setup, you can be running around in the starting zone, see something interesting, walk over to it and get clobbered by a level 25 earth elemental.
This... discourages exploration.

Hektor

The main problem is that with their whack-ass setup, you can be running around in the starting zone, see something interesting, walk over to it and get clobbered by a level 25 earth elemental.

Ill never forget getting oneshotted by a level 25 Griffin while doing a level 6 quest. it was the quest where you had to repair some damaged shrines.

Anteater

Just started Ground Zeroes.
Considering I've managed to be spotted by the very first watchtower (the one when the tutorial tells you to keep a low profile and avoid spotlights), leading to a hour long gunfight, I guess I won't be disappointed by this game length.

haha yeah that happened to me, got into an epic battle after making like 3 turns, I should go back and finish that game

Copons

Naah man, if you spot a skull-level enemy around, just retreat and go look at one of the hundreds of other markers around. You can always go back checking those you left behind when you're stronger.

Anyway, while lots of the markers are just the same old padding, I loved how they get you to explore around, guiding you to some visually great locations, but also sometimes to places that add some real depth to the world (ruins, encampments, caves, I dunno, plenty of different things, with some subtle background story going on).

The only place I think they really fucked up with the markers is Skellige, with thousands of them scattered around the sea, basically all boring smugglers chests.

Anteater

damn my build in torchlight 2 dies easily when fighting a crowd, wonder if I should try the controller mod, it's hard sometimes to see my stupid cursor.

The best mask in Payday 2 and it was a humble bundle item :(

mqdefault.jpg

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
VVVVVV and Super Hexagon are bundled for $0.70 at itch.io

You also get the Android version of each game.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Crimzon Clover WORLD IGNITION Deluxe Edition -- MB-5382DDDB838A1DDC - Taken by GaussTek
Vanguard Princess -- MB-FA082EB9AC59211F - Taken by gurm3n

Anteater

yea controller feels fine so far with that mod for torchlight 2, I mostly just want stick movement, can't stand clicking since I can't find my cursor half of the time

and dragon ball is back bitches

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom