• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Nice bundle, every game has at least a 'positive' rating on Steam and Rituals is on my wishlist. Well, now was.

Noooo, IG implemented an IP check for PayPal and credit cards, gotta pay taxes from now on. :(

MMnHtVE.png

Oof. It looks really interesting though. Man, it must be tough to work on a game for months and no one caring about it.

I think it's time to wash the foul stench that was 4 hours of side quests in Gat out of Hell and 3 hours of ancient third person gameplay in the order 1886 by playing a game that's been on my backlog for far too long: Space Marine.

I remember the game getting some buzz around its release for being a sleeper hit, a decent TPS that no one expected to be decent. Here's hoping that i'm not cursing the Horus Heresy after the supposed 7-8 hours it takes to play through the game.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I feel bad for Rituals too, I've actually heard from a friend it's good, it came out right before the Summer Sale so I had passed on buying it and didn't have the money at the time to, but planned too but kind of forgot about it.

The reviews are positive as well.

derExperte

I think it's time to wash the foul stench that was 4 hours of side quests in Gat out of Hell and 3 hours of ancient third person gameplay in the order 1886 by playing a game that's been on my backlog for far too long: Space Marine.

I remember the game getting some buzz around its release for being a sleeper hit, a decent TPS that no one expected to be decent. Here's hoping that i'm not cursing the Horus Heresy after the supposed 7-8 hours it takes to play through the game.

If I would've been here during release I would've tried to hype up SM hard. Though a big part was mutiplayer which has been dead for years (thanks to P2P) but the single player is satisfying, mindless carnage from start to finish.

Will those be free +1 or just update the old games with the new engine?

If you have the old games, you will get a free engine update. No need to pay anything. I don't know about The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, but about Mind: Path to Thalamus, it is like the game being remade from scratch, and not just switching to new engine only, but the game will have all UE4 new additions like better lighting and PBR and better reflections etc. I really hope The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter will get all those UE4 features + its photogrammetry, the game will look like the Kite demo (I said I hope so).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
soooooooooooooooo... why cant I find Battle Fantasia on Steam anymore?

is this another "fuck Europe" type thing?

edit: I can get to it from the wishlist, but it doesnt show in upcoming or when I search for it. Whut? >_>

Oui, I hope not. I can see it, does this link work?: http://store.steampowered.com/app/356910/

EDIT: From the forum:
70afe3ab068487ded3d80ddd3802b532.png

In response to if region-locked in Europe.

tumblr_no1npkEvMR1uua2jvo1_250.gif

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

Come and join Hello Kitty with her best friends in this action-packed Family Racing Party never before available on Steam!

Rally, Sail and Fly through 16 exciting new Tours including Hello Kitty’s Happy Town, Chococat’s Tropical Island, Little Twin Stars Galaxy and more… You can select your type of Car, Boat or Plane and have access to tons of different paint jobs for super fancy custom looks!

Pick up power-ups along the way and use them carefully to distract your racing opponents or get an edge on them.

Unlock up 20 additional adventures to practice & improve your racing skills including Apple Courses, Cupcake Collects and Time Challenges - they get harder and harder!

Choose to race as Hello Kitty or her besties including My Melody, Keroppi, Badtz-Maru, Chococat and many others. Select each character’s unique racing outfit to show off your your very own racing style!

Invite your friends and family to play the super-fun multiplayer split screen mode which support up to 4 players at once!

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
The Witcher 3 Patch coming soon

As some of you may know, we are finishing up work on our next big patch, Patch 1.07. It’s a very large update introducing some key changes, including:

• A new, alternative (optional) movement response mode for Geralt.
  • A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
  • Crafting and alchemy components no longer add to the overall inventory weight.
  • Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
  • Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
  • Alchemy formulas and crafting diagrams can be "pinned", meaning all components and ingredients required to make them will be conveniently marked in the Shop panel.
  • Dozens of fixes for quest related issues, both major and minor.
  • A few performance enhancements, including the optimization of FX, scenes and general gameplay.
  • Various improvements to horse behavior.

Since it's been all hands on deck working to finish and release this patch on time, we won’t be publishing a free DLC this week (don’t worry - free content comes back next week). We hope you understand our decision. We’ve gathered so much feedback from you over the past couple of weeks and we want to implement as much of it as possible. The full change list for the patch 1.07 will be coming later this week. Stay tuned for info about the release of the update itself.

Coreda

Not so sure how I feel about crafting/alchemy components taking no weight, but we'll see.

Hello Kitty racing seems fun, but the graphics are rather plain. Edit: makes sense seeing as it's a 3DS port :p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Paid $7 Steam tax to get Splinter Cell: Blacklist through Steam to have on my Steam library.

The Nvidia GPU free rebate one I have on Uplay's CD-key won't count for Steam/Uplay to ignore because Uplay won't let that count as a "Steam" launcher.

Have to redeem the Uplay CD-key Steam gives me to tie the Steam launcher to Uplay.

Ubisoft™. Valve™. :|

Deques

If you have the old games, you will get a free engine update. No need to pay anything. I don't know about The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, but about Mind: Path to Thalamus, it is like the game being remade from scratch, and not just switching to new engine only, but the game will have all UE4 new additions like better lighting and PBR and better reflections etc. I really hope The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter will get all those UE4 features + its photogrammetry, the game will look like the Kite demo (I said I hope so).
ok, thanks for the info
Oui, I hope not. I can see it, does this link work?: http://store.steampowered.com/app/356910/

EDIT: From the forum:
70afe3ab068487ded3d80ddd3802b532.png

In response to if region-locked in Europe.
This game looks interesting :)

Terra_Ex

A player stash for storing items, available in various locations throughout the game. Stash locations are marked on the player's map.
Books are now placed in a dedicated tab in the Inventory and books that have already been read are properly grayed out.
Multiple sorting options are now available in the Inventory.
160+ hours too late for my first playthrough, but thank god for these changes. Trying to remember which books and notes I've read and having no place to store all my stuff (which I'll never use again, granted) were two of my biggest annoyances in what was otherwise a stellar experience. The books that grey out when read should be a standard thing across rpgs, I recall it bugging me in Divinity OS too.

Khronico

For some reason I purchased the LOTRO expansion quad pack thing the night before the 4th.

I guess it's time to get into another MMO.

Maniac

Banned
I assume he stepped down as Valve's resident economist when he was appointed finance minister?

I don't think they've filled that position since then.

edit: apparently he stopped working with Valve sometime prior to his appointment? Not sure.

Yeah, he stopped a good while before and was simply a consultant for a good while thereafter.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Paid $7 Steam tax to get Splinter Cell: Blacklist through Steam to have on my Steam library.

The Nvidia GPU free rebate one I have on Uplay's CD-key won't count for Steam/Uplay to ignore because Uplay won't let that count as a "Steam" launcher.

Have to redeem the Uplay CD-key Steam gives me to tie the Steam launcher to Uplay.

Ubisoft™. Valve™. :|

The Steam versions of Uplay games are technically separate to the "actual" Uplay versions. That's why they all have to be run through Steam and can't be launched from Uplay directly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom