• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ventara

The dude who made the game said in another forum that it won't get as cheap as during the summer sale again in the near future. So this is probably a mistake, asking for a refund could mean you lose the game AND miss this price.

Welp, I swore to not support him because he has acted like a humongous wanker in the past but whatever....

Ah, you're right. That might be the case.

Anyways, can't even log in to buy it right now. Is Steam slow for others?

FLD

Damn, now I'm kinda glad I passed on Ori during the summer sale. I usually miss out on pricing mistakes so I instantly jumped on this one just in case.

Salsa

so once you pay the minimum on the humble bundle there's no way of just "upping" what you paid to reach BTA, right? I just have to buy the whole thing again?

I bought it for Hack N Slash just now but I realized I probably want Miss Take and that Harmonix game enough to charge money later

Ventara

oh god
i just installed the game but didn't play it yet
bought it in steam sales

how to refund ?

The latest you probably bought it was 15 days ago, so it's too late. :(

so once you pay the minimum on the humble bundle there's no way of just "upping" what you paid to reach BTA, right? I just have to buy the whole thing again?

I bought it for Hack N Slash just now but I realized I probably want Miss Take and that Harmonix game enough to charge money later

You can, but the BTA price locked in at the price you initially paid for, not what the current BTA is, so it could be better or worse depending on when you bought it.

louiedog

The dude who made the game said in another forum that it won't get as cheap as during the summer sale again in the near future. So this is probably a mistake, asking for a refund could mean you lose the game AND miss this price.

Welp, I swore to not support him because he has acted like a humongous wanker in the past but whatever....

Couldn't you buy it as a gift and activate it after the refund comes through?

MUnited83

For you.

Buy the game as a gift now to activate later and ask for a refund of the initial purchase now.

Now we only need Shovel Knight price mistake, 96% off.

Also, a question: Why isn't

header.jpg

included in

header.jpg

Its from a time before GoTY = Complete version bullshit.

It was basically just DoW1 with a few extra multiplayer maps and the latest patches built it IIRC.

Not only Soulstorm but the other 2 expansion packs are also NOT included.

header.jpg

header.jpg

You need this to get everything: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/30560/

Chariot

HAHAHA YES YES SUFFER! SUFFER! Feel how I felt when Nep-Nep 2 appeared in the sale two weeks after I bought it at launch. Feel the Dolchstoss!

Ventara

Fuck! Why is Steam telling me it's the incorrect login? I just want to buy Ori. I can't be the only one having trouble, can I?

yuraya

Ori for 5 bux is such a steal. Seriously everyone should buy it.

You are a terrible human being if you don't. Forever live in shame.

Amzin

So I don't need it if I only plan on playing the SP campaigns?

The Soulstorm expansion? I put hundreds and hundreds of hours into DoW with the first two expansions and everything I read about Soulstorm kept me from ever buying it. Still don't regret not having it and I still play the game from time to time :p

Dark Crusade has the best SP stuff though, so you want that at least if you don't have it.

Edit: I bought Ori during the Steam sale and played through it over the next 2 days. I don't think I'd refund for the price difference even if I could, it's worth it.

Buraindo

Sounds like they're addressing a lot of issues I had with the game. Good, good.

I finished Always Sometimes Monsters today. Interesting experience, some parts got a bit too tedious for my taste, others made me feel a bit uncomfortable, writing was spot on and choices were almost never easy to make and that's great.
It's got some issues, mainly busy work that plays just like busy work and it gets especially problematic the closer you are to finishing the game, but overall I'd definitely recommend it.
Doubt there's anything quite like it either so give it a go if you can.

ExoSoul

Banned
Why did Ori have to go on sale now?

Every "now owns" is a stab at my heart T_T

Edit: lashman you're doing god's work T_T

derExperte

DDoS again?

what is this ori dev acting like a wanker about

I can't link you to anything specific because it was a) mostly on a German forum and b) constant douchebaggery over the years. The kind where after a while you go 'yeah, fuck that guy'. And him saying that there won't be a bigger discount for a long time which then turns out to be a blatant lie actually fits.

Deitus

The GOTY edition only has the campaign from the base game, not any of the expansion campaigns. So you would have to buy those separate if you are interested in them.

For the record, Winter Assault is pretty good, and Dark Crusade has an excellent campaign. Soulstorm isn't really that great.

No, but some of the expansions do have their own singleplayer content.

Its been a long time but let me remember how to decode the DoW1 clusterfuck.

Dark Crusade for example adds a open universe type campaign with strategic conquests of worlds on a galactic turn based map, and you take over real time when the battles occur, making it into a separate 4x/Total War type campaign instead of the traditional RTS campaign of DoW1 vanilla and Winter Assault exp. pak.

I never played Soulstorm, but I did play Dark Crusade. Soulstorm's description on the page says it expands on this metagame mode of Dark Crusade. If you want more replayability that that has much more compared to the tradition campaign of Dow1 and WinterAssault.

Note that races are tied to specific expansions, so DoW1 has Spesh mareeens, Orks, Chaos and eldar. Winter Assault has Imperial Guard. Dark Crusade has Tau and Necron. Soulstorm has sisters of battle and dark eldar.

Maybe they changed it for Soulstorm but I recall you could only play the races if you had their respective exp. packs. For Example to play the Imperial Gaurd in the DarkCrusade metacampaign, you would need to have Winter Assault as well.

Yes it was confusing even when it came out. Think of it as proto-DLC. Each Expansion pack has a global unlock of a race for multiplayer/metacampaigns as well as some unique single player content.

Also for some reason the games are individually discounted, but the master collection is not, so don't buy that. Its more expensive. Steam gonna steam. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom