• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
what's people issue with Batman Origins? I'm not an expert with Batman but I enjoyed Origins, only difference I remember was not being able to cancel out of moves, but that seems to be a preference and I didn't mind it and just changes the timing a bit.

The bosses were pretty fun too overall and I liked them over the previous games, I thought there's a faster pace to it the game, but that could be because I was more familiar with the game playing it right after city, but yeah I really enjoyed Origins outside of a few glitches.

It had a rocky launch, with some game breaking glitches that prevented folks from progressing. In the same vein, some developer basically admitted they weren't going to bother patching any remaining bugs unless they were also game breaking, and would instead focus on getting the DLC out. The DLC is a bit buggy too--if you're trying for the achievements you have to find all the collectables before you finish the DLC campaign, or the achievement won't unlock, even though you're totally able to keep playing after the campaign...Y'know, to find collectables.

It's never gotten an all-in-one GOTY edition, so it's got that Season Pass/DLC tax attached to it.

On the more subjective side, it's not done by Rocksteady and doesn't feature the same voice actors from the previous two games/animated series. I'd say it has more of an emphasis on combat rather than stealth, and the Riddler trophies are a lot less creative or satisfying. I found the attention to 'Batman Lore' to be lacking compared to City too. That's all my opinion, of course. I think a little less subjectively, the city traversal isn't as good as City. It's a lot bigger, but not as smooth to get around and doesn't really do anything with it's size to really justify having it. Maybe not, since there are a few setpiece fights that wouldn't be possible on a smaller map, but I'm not sure the trade is totally worth it.

I think it basically boils down to being an odd-man-out B-Team Batman that went out unpolished. Still totally worth picking up if you liked the first two in my opinion.

Sober

Tomb Raider is still worse though.

Fg1U5n4.jpg
Can't wait for Rise of the Tomb Raider to get thrown into that mess.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I really wish we could rename or add nicknames to games in our libraries.
----------------------------

Not Steam related.

If anyone uses the Viggle app for mobile decides, I have a $5 (USD) gift code for it to give to someone.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Tomb Raider is still worse though.

http://i.imgur.com/Fg1U5n4.jpg

OMG yes. But to be fair in that shot the only one that is out of place is 2013/TR10. It grinds my OCD gears seeing this sort of thing.

Like Doom 1 is "the Ultimate Doom" on Steam, so it's WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY at the bottom of your list in the U's while Doom 2/3/4 will be in the "D"'s. It's a "Why would you do this, Valve" thing to me.

Can't wait for Rise of the Tomb Raider to get thrown into that mess.

Rise will be in the "R"'s, book it.

Yeah, at least they're somewhat in order. It'll be hilarious if Rise is somewhere in R instead of T lol.
And what's with the missing icons on II and III? Is it my internet connection not loading them?
Also, the fifth game's icon is going random all of a sudden with a "5" icon instead of Lara icon just like the rest of the series.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Nononono, you misunderstand.

I'm talking the Uplay rights saying "oh he already owns it on that account" and not needing me to input the Steam key since Uplay already has the game registered to my account from a different place. It'd just let me launch the Steam version as normal because Uplay's DRM says "he owns it, let it boot."

Ah. Yeah, that'd be the case if Ubi didn't distinguish between the two. I don't think there's a technical reason for it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

You Are Not a Banana -- MB-7B2778DBADAD683F - Taken by dot
Pongo -- MB-D765B61FA5F295EF - Taken by Undead Bokun
Air Guardians -- MB-E350B3569870BEDC - Taken by texhnolyze
MadSpace: To Hell and Beyond -- MB-3134F6274824585E - Taken by Casimir
Infect and Destroy -- MB-3602A6A20B47A32C - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total. - Taken by titch
Zombie Camp: Last Survivor -- MB-371DF4960A81D7B3 - Taken by bobnowhere
The Music Machine -- MB-7041BA26C692C57B - Taken by Deques
Vangers -- MB-ABC5B1C42C2BD520 - Taken by madjoki

Edit: Oops.

Werd

Played a couple hours of Ori (very good) earlier, boot it back up to play some more and a bunch of achievements unlock including ones I don't even have the abilities unlocked for yet. Weird.

Miguel81

I'm lttp on this, but Wolfenstein TNO has some fantastic gunplay. It feels great to dual wield rifles and take down some Nazi baddies. Stealth is also satisfying. There is some stuttering(AMD card here) and from the few times I died the loading times were pretty lengthy. Hope my incoming ssd helps, since I expect to die a lot during my playthrough. Oh, and B.J.'s face is pretty emotive and I like that aspect during the cut-scenes. Comes across as a sympathetic character, body count notwithstanding(they're evil Nazis anyway).

Edit: Got a couple of cheevos, but I'll avoid hunting for them on my first run.

Played a couple hours of Ori (very good) earlier, boot it back up to play some more and a bunch of achievements unlock including ones I don't even have the abilities unlocked for yet. Weird.

I have been having odd achievement issues myself, though not with Ori. Upon booting Valdis Story Abyssal City after probably a year it started unlocking a bunch of achievements I certainly didn't earn. Similarly after booting Vektor for the first time it unlocked all the various window breaking achievements before even starting the game.

Meanwhile, I have beaten the second stage in A City Sleeps a few times now and still have yet to unlock the achievement for doing so...

I have been having odd achievement issues myself, though not with Ori. Upon booting Valdis Story Abyssal City after probably a year it started unlocking a bunch of achievements I certainly didn't earn. Similarly after booting Vektor for the first time it unlocked all the various window breaking achievements before even starting the game.

Meanwhile, I have beaten the second stage in A City Sleeps a few times now and still have yet to unlock the achievement for doing so...

Maybe the games didnt have achievements at that time? Or you were offline when you played them.

Just bought Lisa as a little celebratory gift to self after getting my first paycheck. I'm really excited to go through it. It seems like a dark Earthbound type rpg with a hip hop beat soundtrack. I can get jiggy with that

dex3108

Hey SteamGAF MakeshiftChef didn't reply to my PM and i don't see that he/she did new giveaway so if he/she stays silent today i will give that extra Ori copy that i won hare. I will probably post gift link in Email tag so only GAF member can take it.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
But where's the resolution fix?

Someone on GAF made a tool to add in any resolution you wanted a while back. I use it to play MGR on my laptop. (I know lowering the resolution isn't it's intended use but it works. :p)
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=108557976&postcount=7627

There's a new Indonesian game on Greenlight & Kickstarter, Boma Naraka Sura
It looks decent, really.
The character's sprite sticks out a bit since it's shaded differently but it looks nice. o:

Arthea

what price mistakes?

not that I'm complaining, but I should

Also Paint it Back is greenlit! Thanks guys, that was relatively fast.

I need to do greenlight post soon or it will become too big to bother shortly.

madjoki

Hey SteamGAF MakeshiftChef didn't reply to my PM and i don't see that he/she did new giveaway so if he/she stays silent today i will give that extra Ori copy that i won hare. I will probably post gift link in Email tag so only GAF member can take it.

Or make it trash modbot giveaway so it won't count to your givings :p

Who wants to send me a Simond summer card so I can complete my badge <3

Aren't those long gone?

Arthea

meanwhile on greenlight (part 1)

how can an anybody not upvote Bloody Mary the game? The game looks crazy, but gameplay seems not particularly interesting.

wanna kill your friend? It looks somewhat better than usual shooters on greenlight at least

and again a kickstarter VN, I think the name says it all

toy story anyone? it's a dogfighting game, with toy planes, although "aim with your head" sounds scary and imprecise.

Indonesian platfromer that was already mentioned in this thread (on kickstarter too)
Boma Naraka Sura

cooking and eating children the game? It's tagged horror btw

the same dev that made Loot Hero and they have another game on greenlight Fjong

second part incoming

Arthea

meanwhile on greenlight (part two)

There are Hearthstone wannabes that I skip

build your own airplanes, the game looks rough still, but it's a good idea.

Dusk alert, a fp horror game that doesn't look horrible for once

a kickstarter platformer RPG (might be slightly too retro)\

indiegogo shooter with mecha? I honestly thought it looks not bad, but it seems it going to fail funding campaign miserably

I'll leave for you to discover what this is

a puzzle game on kickstarter? It's all about eating, looks cute too

part three incoming

Arthea

meanwhile on greenlight (part three)

a very pink interesting looking puzzle game

interesting looking kickstarter board game

Dark ages a game, it looks awesome and hilarious, hopefully it'll deliver

another indiegogo project - TB RPG. What's so special about it? why, it has alchemy, of course.

a kickstarter adventure game

last but not least, one more kickstarter RPG that looks great, it does look familiar and I'm not sure why.

that's it for now

Maniac

Banned
meanwhile on greenlight (part 1)

wanna kill your friend? It looks somewhat better than usual shooters on greenlight at least

The lead designer for Killing, My Friend is the creator of Action Half Life. I'm hoping it turns out fucking rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom