• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deques

So, now I have three options;

-Charge the base game for $0.99 (though I'd like to keep it F2P...)
-Make over $9 in DLC, maybe charge the Goodie Bag for that much...
-Make these the impossible to obtain Trading Cards.

It says this on the Trading Card FAQ: http://steamcommunity.com/tradingcards/faq/

But I hadn't heard about it until doing outside research, so is that still in play or true. Hmn, things to consider...

Free to play games drop game cards based on your in-game purchasing. For every $9 USD spent (approximate) since the start of the Steam Trading Card Beta, you will earn one card drop. This card will drop at some point as you play. If you have made in-game purchases in Dota 2 or Team Fortress 2 prior to the Steam Trading Card Beta, or if you owned Team Fortress 2 prior to the Free to Play update, you will have 4 or 5 additional card drops available.

Maybe I am stupid or can't read and understand, but it says for every $9 USD spent you can get one card drop. Wouldn't it mean that we have to spend for example 36 dollars to get four card drops?

Maybe I am stupid or can't read and understand, but it says for every $9 USD spent you can get one card drop. Wouldn't it mean that we have to spend for example 36 dollars to get four card drops?

That's how it works in Dota 2 and CSGO anyway. $9 spent gets you one card.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
That's how it works in Dota 2 and CSGO anyway. $9 spent gets you one card.

The question is does it work like that for every F2P game? I asked Valve but they may not get back to me for a bit. Oui, this the Goodie Bag DLC thing doesn't work I'll have to change some things around. I want to keep the game F2P, but I want Trading Cards, maybe I can charge $0,99, maybe we an drop Trading Cards but they're already done and be a waste, gaahhh.

See if I get any feedback from Valve about it, maybe it only applies to certain F2P games.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

I recall having card drops for TF2 despite never purchasing keys or other items directly from the TF2 store, with the option to "earn" an additional card drop for another $9 spent.

On the other hand, there was some issue with Warframe cards around launch that had something to do with drops being tied to DLC pack purchases, which wasn't taken favorably by players.

Hmm.

So I have no idea what's happening in Space Marine because I have 0 knowledge of what 40k is but man does the game give you a ton of ways to decimate Orks. Wonder if this is what it feels like to have TW3 be your first witcher experience.

It's weird, having played over a generation of cover based 3 person shooters and then playing this, where the game is constantly pushing you to be cautiously aggressive at all times. It's really refreshing and so strange that of all people Relic pulled off a neat twist on the TPS genre.

Got about a 1/3 of the way through in one sitting before I needed to catch my breath and call it a day, Looking forward to putting my chainsword to further use after work today.

SPACE MARINE

madjoki

Cant you make the game cost 1$ and give it a permanent 99% discount?

I think two weeks each two months is limit for discount frequency.

I was sure it's $7 (or was it 7€?). When did they upped requirement?

It always was $9. It would've been around 7€ back then.

Could you go dirty and release the game at 99cents but the "demo" is just the full game as well?

This would be my vote, if you can't get Valve to make it give cards when you buy DLC.
It would cause two sets of achievements thought.

Tizoc

Yatagarasu looks ROUGH. Kinda expected from beta impressions, but it looks janky as shit, straight out of mugen. Looks like bundle fodder Vanguard Princess opposed to a $15 proper release.

Especially considering Battle Fantasia is out the same day for the same price, and its a proper game, with the bonus of having a rabbit with a giant wizard hat.

Yatagarasu was in development for years and has always been intended to be a 2D fighter. Keep in mind that it likely didn't have the same budget as BatFan. Yatagarasu's spritework is merely reflective of the time it was initially made in.
IMHO I'd say Yatagarasu would excel in gameplay department. BatFan's gameplay is fine but it is quite simplistic and rather restrictive compared to Yatagarasu.

Jawmuncher

So I have no idea what's happening in Space Marine because I have 0 knowledge of what 40k is but man does the game give you a ton of ways to decimate Orks. Wonder if this is what it feels like to have TW3 be your first witcher experience.

It's weird, having played over a generation of cover based 3 person shooters and then playing this, where the game is constantly pushing you to be cautiously aggressive at all times. It's really refreshing and so strange that of all people Relic pulled off a neat twist on the TPS genre.

Got about a 1/3 of the way through in one sitting before I needed to catch my breath and call it a day, Looking forward to putting my chainsword to further use after work today.

SPACE MARINE

Their other shooter the outfit was quite good as well and quite the change. Wish that team had more opportunities to work outside their usual genre.

derExperte

SPACE MARINE

Someone who get's the appeal (not everyone did).

I missed that price mistake on Ori and the Blind Forest.

The ONE night I actually sleep at a normal time.
Sleep is for the weak.
That thread contains Ico, Itagaki, and even Warren Spector. Not exactly a good place for me.
Yeah, it's not that people have very different taste, that's totally fine but some seem to not understand what op meant with one-hit-wonder.
Carlos Bordeu from ACE Team (Zeno Clash) is working on a new personal project called The Endless Cylinder and released a small video of it. Like Zeno Clash, it looks like nothing else out there. I hope he continues on with it. Has anybody else seen it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uM9SvqgJcc8
mC0iCGC.gif
G4Y38Q1.gif

Some nightmare stuff alright. What are those Chileans smoking o_o

jomuuxJ.gif

Love the scale

O6CAlnu.gif

Adorably ugly

Sarcasm

I can't find this game yea all talking about called space marines..I put it in search but nothing remotely showed up in the results.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Sleep is for the weak.

Yeah, it's not that people have very different taste, that's totally fine but some seem to not understand what op meant with one-hit-wonder.

mC0iCGC.gif
G4Y38Q1.gif

Some nightmare stuff alright. What are those Chileans smoking o_o

jomuuxJ.gif

Love the scale

O6CAlnu.gif

Adorably ugly

Pixar's gone way too far this time.

Hektor

That looks insane. Let me guess, the roll is a huge worm? Or is that not weird enough?

In case anyone wondering, the dev is soon releasing a remake of the game.
http://steamcommunity.com/games/227280/announcements/detail/155716338445140757

The Gameplay description makes me want to play it, but as a sci fi fan, the fact that you are lost in the story makes me want to not bother.

The Warhammer 40K Story is pretty easy to understand. Everyone is in war with everyone and the spacemarines kill thousands of orcs because they are UberUberUberUberUberelite soldiers.

The Gameplay description makes me want to play it, but as a sci fi fan, the fact that you are lost in the story makes me want to not bother.

Here's what i can gather: You're some super elite huge duders who are worshipped to almost a god-like level by humans and have arrived to a manufacturing planet to avoid having Orks steal some high end tech you have on there.

There's obviously some lore stuff that just flies over my head (like stuff about some Codex and the fact that they pronounce lieutenant as lef-tenant) but the actual meat to the story is pretty simple really.

Haunted

Here's what i can gather: You're some super elite huge duders who are worshipped to almost a god-like level by humans and have arrived to a manufacturing planet to avoid having Orks steal some high end tech you have on there.

There's obviously some lore stuff that just flies over my head (like stuff about some Codex and the fact that they pronounce lieutenant as lef-tenant) but the actual meat to the story is pretty simple really.
That's not lore stuff, that's just how lieutenant is pronounced in BrE. :lol

Think of the codex as the rulebook for the chapter of Space Marines you play in the game (there are several other Space Marine chapters that do not follow the codex like the Ultramarines do). But for the hulking guys in blue you play as, it's basically their combat bible.

Lain

Give me all the JRPGs

Hopefully they can talk about it soon.
Given the good work in porting console games they've done so far and the care they seem to take in trying to put them out as bug-free as possible, I'm surprised they don't have more people lined up to sign contracts to get their games on PC/Steam.

I'm cleaning my friend list, so I removed a bunch of people I didn't talk with a single time /or just like one time) since they added me (or I added them). So if you see yourself removed, that's the reason. It's not a personal matter or whatever, I prefer having a smallish friend list instead a big one plenty of people a la FB in which each people it's a +1.
We can always talk here on GAF anyway, it's the purpose of the forum.

The only real reason I have a bunch of friends is to see what people are playing and what games people are buying.

I have talked to a few handful of GAFfers though.

That's not lore stuff, that's just how lieutenant is pronounced in BrE. :lol

Think of the codex as the rulebook for the chapter of Space Marines you play in the game (there are several other Space Marine chapters that do not follow the codex like the Ultramarines do). But for the hulking guys in blue you play as, it's basically their combat bible.

But there's no F in lieutenant! what are they thinking?!?!

Haunted

But there's no F in lieutenant! what are they thinking?!?!
It's some bullshit with Old French influencing military terms in Middle English, there's some records of Old French alternate spelling of lieu as luef - something like that could have influenced the English pronunciation of the military rank even as the spelling was codified into lieu.

tl;dr the English language can be weird

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom