• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

The only real reason I have a bunch of friends is to see what people are playing and what games people are buying.

I have talked to a few handful of GAFfers though.

The stalker inside each one of us. I like having SteamGAF people and other gaffers for that reason.
It's cool to see what's popular in the community even if I don't usually strike a conversation with people because I don't really have much to talk about.
Also it makes it more convenient to gift some games during sales time.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Some nightmare stuff alright. What are those Chileans smoking o_o
031910_HDOWphot01.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Completo
we're talking about a country that builds this
delicious
monstrosity

Pakkidis

The stalker inside each one of us. I like having SteamGAF people and other gaffers for that reason.
It's cool to see what's popular in the community even if I don't usually strike a conversation with people because I don't really have much to talk about.
Also it makes it more convenient to gift some games during sales time.

Yup, just about everyone on my steam friends list is a gaffer.

Parsnip

The only real reason I have a bunch of friends is to see what people are playing and what games people are buying.

I've never talked to anyone of SteamGAF on Steam. Well, outside of the people I've made shady business deals with it.

def sim

Dang, I want whatever the completo is for lunch.

Yeah, I add people here mostly for the activity feed traffic. I'll chat when messaged, totally, but it's not something I'm actively looking for on the client.

Parsnip

The fact is, way too often my activity feed is filled with screenshots, comments, bought games etc, and it happened a couple of times I missed something I was following because it was buried by a bunch of stuff.

What do you use the activity feed then, if not to follow the activity of people?

KarmaCow

Oniken is one of those games I kinda don't like playing but the minute I stop, I start wanting to play it again. It's a bit too much of a throwback to NES games like Ninja Gaiden for my tastes but it does feel awesome when you get into the flow of the game. The good thing about it being a NES throwback is that it's not a long game so going for a no death clear isn't unreasonable.

OK, one more time. Hope everyone's awake.

ModBot said:
Instructions for MakeshiftChef:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (MakeshiftChef, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ori and the Blind Forest -- MB-38E5F4C50BFD482F - Taken by Tesseract. 54 entrants total.

t1436296438z1.png

titch

So i actually bought this in May?

Sorry Jase.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (titch, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Infect and Destroy -- MB-3602A6A20B47A32C - Taken by Diedac. 1 entrants total.

t1436287617z1.png

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Anomaly 2 -- MB-69B410381A544F29 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Blade Symphony -- MB-68B9CA583DE3E45D - Taken by Sarcasm

031910_HDOWphot01.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Completo
we're talking about a country that builds this
delicious
monstrosity
Dude, dude! Don't do this to me. I'm getting the real hunger -_-'

Yeah, I explicitly bought cards and crafted lots badges just to bolster my friends-number. There are so so many people I have never talked or seen here only once though. I might have to do a purge :/
Guys, guys, guys, obviously you're all wrong and it's Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen.
That would make my day :')

L.O.R.D

I've been thinking of buying Oceanhorn but for some reason two different VPNs don't work for me. I haven't tried with this game but Nuuvem keeps blocking my other purchases after I click "Pay now" with Paypal. I've just about given up on this site.

use flyVPN , it worked for me

komorebi

use flyVPN , it worked for me

Neither Hola or FlyVPN worked. I was still blocked at Paypal pay now screen. Is it different for every game they sell? Or is my Paypal account flagged since I'm in the US? Hola used to work for me fine, then both stopped working.

So I have no idea what's happening in Space Marine because I have 0 knowledge of what 40k is but man does the game give you a ton of ways to decimate Orks. Wonder if this is what it feels like to have TW3 be your first witcher experience.

It's weird, having played over a generation of cover based 3 person shooters and then playing this, where the game is constantly pushing you to be cautiously aggressive at all times. It's really refreshing and so strange that of all people Relic pulled off a neat twist on the TPS genre.

Got about a 1/3 of the way through in one sitting before I needed to catch my breath and call it a day, Looking forward to putting my chainsword to further use after work today.

SPACE MARINE

I don't think there's much to know when it comes to Warhammer and plot. You're a SPACE MUHRINE, they're Orcs (in outer space, what?), there's eternal conflict, things have got to die.

Space Marine is so fun and, sadly, no other 40K game that I've played scratches that same itch.

Arthea

Oh one more JRPG on steam, why tease? I wanna know what it is. How I'm going to keep living not knowing now?!

I honestly can't understand this removing people from fl thing some people have. That's why you guys have empty leaderboards and I have almost always fool, even in the games that seemingly nobody plays but me.

edited: oh wait a second, now I get it, you remove everybody that's any threat to your score! devious

Trails In The Sky is on sale in Humble Bumble Store.

can't be repeated enough, that it's more than worth all the money they ask

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Lisa as midweek? huh, good for them, game seems awesome from what I played

An-Det

Nice to see Legend of Korra discounted. Is the story of Legend of Korra understandable for someone that hasn't watched the show?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom