• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2015 - Nothing To Buy With Our Arkham Knight Refunds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

Well this was Disappointment the bundle, to be sure

edited: so they gonna bundle coupons all the time it seems. I'm not sure what to think about it.

Phinor

Its a game making bundle. Its like buying a sandwich from subway but you only get the ingredients and have to cook that yourself.

That's not taking it far enough. It's like getting a piece of land, a cow, few tools and you are on your way to growing up the ingredients that will eventually end up in that sandwich.

Still though, game maker bundles are great way to introduce new people into game development. Software tends to cost a lot compared to bundle pricing.

Chariot

What an unrealistic game, Germany conquering Britain? :p
It was disgustingly easy on top of that :D
Silures conquered the isle in the first 200 years and then went all Japan on Europe. Isolated itself, didn't care for the stuff in Europe and was ignored in turn while only slowly getting technological progress. It had neither allies nor enemies. Well, that is, until I was squeazed between the big alliances of the other two major powers, Spain and Burgundy and just decided on a whim to take the british isles while the cold war was going on. Since it had no allies it was crushed easily by the Emporer's Children and the Thousand Sons. Sorry, brits, I got you when you were still barbarians :(

After Spain lost it's allies to me, Burgundy that lost already wars against me stands no chance, but there are is still the giant muslim blob empire and the chinese Wei who scare me in the east and that both are slowly crawling west.

Man, that is more text than my last 20 posts together. Game is too much fucking fun.

Locust

$12 tier seems pretty good value to me too.

I might've even used the RPG maker coupons if the old ones weren't still ~20€ each.

Ori and The Blind Forest is seriously one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, every frame is screenshot worthy, I hope it gets some graphical and art style awards at the end of the year.

Its legitemately good. Several thousand times better than the Borderlands one, thats for sure.

ufq9ycdysbqtffgqanpz.gif

I disagree completely.

Opinions and stuff.

The RPGMaker bundle was infinitely better than this one though.

Uzzy

Man, that is more text than my last 20 posts together. Game is too much fucking fun.

Yes yes, you start off having some good fun with a central European nation and conquer stuff nice and easily, then you take on a bit of a harder challenge, like maybe saving Byzantium, and before you know it you're up at 5am, planning how to take over the HRE as Ulm and cursing goddamn Captain Habsburg and his stupid face and stupid nose. Or starting as Ethopia and turning Germany Jewish.

It's fun alright.

Vlad

Ori and The Blind Forest is seriously one of the most beautiful games I've ever played, every frame is screenshot worthy, I hope it gets some graphical and art style awards at the end of the year.

Absolutely agreed, although I wish the spikes stood out a little more. Not to say that they're completely invisible, but there's usually so much going on at a given moment that I often overlook a patch of thorns that I could have easily avoided otherwise.

Hektor

Far Cry 4 was a mistake. Its utter shit.

There is some awesome loot in a treasure, but im not allowed to pick it up because i didnt killed enough innocent animals.

The animals that im supposed to kill in order to craft a bigger lootbag dont appear in the area of the map they're supposed to be in.

I just died because i left the missionzone as i wanted to collect a collectible 1 meter away. Why the hell are there missionzones in an OPEN WORLD game? Especially when the entire mission is just talking to a NPC.

The fact that i had to sit trough an unskippable cutscene again because of that made me finally ragequit. Its twothousandfifteen, let me skip your cutscenes, escpecially when you dont even try to tell a decent story.

And the game also features far to less actual shooting for my taste.

Sry for the rant, but i just had to vent.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF

What is it?

Hydraulic Empire is a Tower Defense game with RPG elements focusing on strategy, interactions between mobs, and persistent upgrades. What we are doing with Hydraulic Empire is taking the best of what we have experience over the years, and then we are adding elements that are unique.

Whats Different about our TD?

Tower Defenses are not new, and they are not evolving much anymore. We aim to change that by adding in a variety of unique mob interactions. We are also adding in tons of RPG elements and we have a hero/builder that will allow you to take part in more of the battle.

Mob interactions are our major innovation. Where as they are not 100% new to the tower defense genre, they are typically simple or not very interesting. We have taken this to the next level, and centered our game squarely around them. Mob interactions will take place all over a level, and will change where and how you choose to build in a level. The interactions vary greatly based on which mob die in which order. This aspect of the game has given the game almost endless replay ability. Most of our mobs will interact with at least 2 or 3 other mobs. Some interactions open up new interactions, and others will lock out some interactions.

A Taste of the Story

Without revealing to much, the game starts directly after a civil war between the aristocratic mages, and a Steam Punk based rebel army. The rebels have won, and the mages have dispersed. In the chaos of victory new factions have formed, and a new war has broken out in a bid for control over the newly formed country.

As the Lieutenant General that who help win the final battle against the mages, you are in control of the old capital and must find out who has split from the main army, and who is still loyal to the cause.

I'm really liking the feel of it so far, I'm about 35 minutes in but it controls great and super responsive and the combat is fun, hope it continues that way.

The controls were good, mostly, but I wasn't a fan of some of the abilities/puzzles.
I thought combat was a chore and it felt like I took a lot of cheap hits and never got any life drops, which forced me into spamming a lot of energy into saving every 30s to restore health.
Add in the short length, the abysmal chase sequences, the inability to revisit sections for missed secrets/exploration, and it really brought the experience down for me.

chronomac

Just because a bundle has a bunch of games you don't want (or already own) doesn't mean it's a bad bundle. It's just not for you.

If you've been thinking about jumping into game development at some point, I imagine this is a decent way to start.

I think the bash ability in Ori needs a slightly larger range. I accumulated a ton of deaths in the
rushing water sequence
simply due to juuuuuuust missing an object that I needed to boost off of.

Also yeah the combat is bleah. I'm near maxed-out on weapon upgrades and the enemies still feel like bullet-sponges.

Difficulty is altogether uneven. I'm never quite sure if something is going to do 1 point of damage, 2 points, 3, or kill me instantly.

This is what I picked up on from 35-40% completion.

Kifimbo

Just because a bundle has a bunch of games you don't want (or already own) doesn't mean it's a bad bundle. It's just not for you.

If you've been thinking about jumping into game development at some point, I imagine this is a decent way to start.

It's not a bad bundle, it's a niche bundle.

Humble Weekly are better nowadays.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
jR0YCBx.jpg

Kill, drink, and kill some more in WASTED, a roguelike post-apocalyptic pub crawler set in a lawless wasteland that lives and dies by the rules “Get wasted, or get wasted trying.”

When a thermonuclear blitzkrieg bereaves America of its greatest minds, the very hardiest specimens of humanity cling on to life. From the ashes of old America, a new world emerges, and an ersatz, post-apocalyptic, stillborn 80’s continues indefinitely, populated entirely by the toughest, meanest, and outright dumbest of God’s creations, the Wasters.

Live the life of a Waster, fighting tooth and nail, bullets and baseball bats over the most precious of unnatural resources, a liquid from beneath the sands that fuels all of un-civilization: Booze. Gain strange mutational Hangovers and explore the Coolers, mysterious underground bunkers, in search of powerful weapons, impressive armor, and a nice stiff drink to top it all off. Who knows, maybe you'll uncover some old world secrets while you're at it.

Or don't, because death comes quick in the Western Wastes, and what's yours today just might be picked off your pile of guts tomorrow.

KEY FEATURES

Get Wasted...
Customize your character through the S.H.O.T.S. system by drinking irradiated bottles of Booze. Gain powerful Hangovers and mutate yourself with a myriad of permanent abilities. Bolster your strengths by wearing gnarly, 80's inspired clothing, and arm yourself with an impressive array of things to beat, shoot, disintegrate, or explode your enemies with!

...Or Get Wasted Trying
Explore giant, procedurally generated Coolers in search of loot, but beware vicious raiders, disgusting mutants, and a plethora of deadly traps that'll stop at nothing to turn you into a messy pile of guts. Make your way to the bottom-most level of the Cooler in any way you choose: sneaking your way past your foes, obliterating them with brute force, or maybe even fooling them into fighting one another. Scrounge up ammo and items from your surroundings and loot the bodies of dead enemies for their stuff. Just take care not to overextend yourself - when your character dies, they're gone for good.

Carve Out Your Own Little Slice Of The Wastes
Build up your persistent player home and keep it stocked with weapons and supplies to keep you alive and ticking. Carve out your own little slice of the wastes by fitting your house with amenities like workbenches, kitchens, and gardens and decorate it with junk you find through your travels. Should the wastelands relieve you of your livelihood, your stuff will live on for the next Waster who stumbles upon your home.

Leave Your Mark
The choices you make and the way you act will have profound effects on the future of the Western Wastes. Visit the various locales of the Western Wastes of California, trade sheets of TP for valuable supplies, and help other Wasters out by taking on their requests. Make friends with the wasteland's, um, more "interesting" personalities, and you'll be rewarded with unique goods and services. Who knows, you might even end up altering the future of the wastelands forever!

Backlogger

So I was about to jump on the Wasteland 2 deal on Nuuvem and then I started reading reviews on Steam and now I think I will just wait for it to reach the $5 range. What are SteamGAFs impressions of Wasteland 2?

Vlad

I think the bash ability in Ori needs a slightly larger range. I accumulated a ton of deaths in the
rushing water sequence

Were you double-jumping during that section? I found that yes, with just bashing alone, it came up a bit short, but a bash followed by an air jump gave me more than enough reach.

Hektor

So I was about to jump on the Wasteland 2 deal on Nuuvem and then I started reading reviews on Steam and now I think I will just wait for it to reach the $5 range. What are SteamGAFs impressions of Wasteland 2?

The story is boring and the fighting not very complex but i had overall an enjoyable time with it.

rushing water sequence

Also yeah the combat is bleah. I'm near maxed-out on weapon upgrades and the enemies still feel like bullet-sponges.

Difficulty is altogether uneven. I'm never quite sure if something is going to do 1 point of damage, 2 points, 3, or kill me instantly.

This is what I picked up on from 35-40% completion.

Pretty much.
Also, the save system, while it seems helpful can be a real pain in the ass due to the "only allow access to the last 5 saves you made" (which wasn't even there at launch) and the "hey, let's make one of the only ways to get life back reliably creating a new savepoint!" The game would've benefited from something where you could choose where to save, at least, when you saved at the actual save points.

Knurek

God, the ambient temperatures here in Europe will kill my hardware.

My CPU reports 70 C under workload. That's, like, 5 degrees more than the maximum allowed temperature for my model.

ExoSoul

Banned
Which part?

There part were
you're completing tasks to become a domestic robot to gain access to the infirmary

I have done all the things but the ID scanner doesn't recognise the ID card.

In other news the writing is on the wall for Kora.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom